M&G + front row

If I were to get a M&G. Is it still possible for me to be in the front of the pit? Also will I miss incubus perform? I’m getting mixed answers about that one.

You may miss previous band’s performance. M&G means you get to the pit as the last one, so it’s not easy to get to the front.

When you attend a M&G you’re not guaranteed a good spot at the concert, especially not if the meet and greet is right before the concert starts. :>

I’m really hoping they change up the M&G system this year. Shinedown is currently doing M&G’s BEFORE the doors open. That way the M&G people get the front of the pit and then doors open. I thought this was brilliant and a great way to treat your hardcore fans. Hopefully the LPU will adapt this soon.

[quote=LPFreak64]I’m really hoping they change up the M&G system this year. Shinedown is currently doing M&G’s BEFORE the doors open. That way the M&G people get the front of the pit and then doors open. I thought this was brilliant and a great way to treat your hardcore fans. Hopefully the LPU will adapt this soon.

When I went to the M&G at the MSG show last year I missed all of the opening bands and didn’t get out until like 15-20 minutes before LP’s set. So unless they change it you will probably only get to see LP and might have to squeeze your way to the front during the show lol Maybe they might do M&Gs earlier this tour since many people want to see Incubus. We will find out soon I guess.

i have been to 2 shows. The first one in 07 was right before the show. But i still got in the venue half in 30 seconds to march show. And I got in as one of the last persons. But i got in the front row… But the show in 2011 i didnt get the chanse to see the warm up band. But I got to the front row in that show to…

I’ve never applied for a M&G pass for this reason, to me it’s more important to enjoy the show than have a M&G, I would love to do a M&G but given the choice, i’d prefer front row.

[quote=LPFreak64]I’m really hoping they change up the M&G system this year. Shinedown is currently doing M&G’s BEFORE the doors open. That way the M&G people get the front of the pit and then doors open. I thought this was brilliant and a great way to treat your hardcore fans. Hopefully the LPU will adapt this soon.
[/quote]
Now if you have read the Q&A on M&G you shoud know this probably won’t happen, as band arrive to venue just few hours before the show, and they don’t have much time.

The only way that you would get front row after the M&G is that if they were no support acts. At least that’s what happened to me way back in 2007.

The reason we don’t do meet & greets earlier is because the band doesn’t arrive on site until just before their performance. That’s why we can’t do M&G’s before doors.

[quote=Adam]The reason we don’t do meet & greets earlier is because the band doesn’t arrive on site until just before their performance. That’s why we can’t do M&G’s before doors.

But is it true what someone sayd about the openning act ? Because im attending the Mexico city concert and i think there‘s no opening act … That would be so cool because us mexican fans are having such a hard time deciding to go to the m&g or be infront of the pit … Its been 10 years since lp‘s last visit so we dont know if they‘re coming back soon …

I don’t know if this will work for you guys in the US but back in 2009, in my show, the guys who won a m&g made it to the front row by simply showing their backstage passes or m&g passes (dunno which it is, since I’ve never won one) to the security guys and they let them go in to the front. Maybe you should try that :slight_smile:

[quote=EvoOba]I don’t know if this will work for you guys in the US but back in 2009, in my show, the guys who won a m&g made it to the front row by simply showing their backstage passes or m&g passes (dunno which it is, since I’ve never won one) to the security guys and they let them go in to the front. Maybe you should try that :slight_smile:

Just apply for a M&G at a show that has opening acts that get the pit all crazy. That way, when you do get onto the floor, just jump in the blender and blend in!

I had to do that for the show in London, Ontario. Like, I wasn’t in the M&G, but I really had to take a piss. Thing is, I got a spot right at the barricade, there was a dude there that I met at the show who worked at my work at the time so I knew my place. Well, I chanced it after I think two acts and went to piss. I came back as the band just before LP came on started up. Don’t remember who they were, but they were pretty heavy and caused a lot of pit action. Well, I got back to my place at the barricade pretty much right away… Only got slowed down right before the end behind a row of people, but the guys who were with that dude I knew looked back and saw me and helped get me to that spot again.

It was funny, they were like, “How the fuck did you get back here?”

I simply answered: “I’m the pit ninja!”[lol]

I think the M&G after the performance would be perfect for everybody but I think that’s impossible for the abnd.

its possible!
When you pass the entry - go to the first row, usually there will be gates and you will get like a wristband. if you have this thing - go back to your LPU meeting booth. Enjoy the meet and greet and then go back to the pit!

Worked great for me at the ATS tour 2010 in Dortmund,Germany