LPU11 Wish List: Let's do a little change here?

Hey guys I’ve been with LPU for a while (first year was v. six), I’m all excited for 11, but there’s really a lot of stuff on site that bugs me a lot. And damn sure I’m not the one here. So here’s my list

WEBSITE OVERALL

A little bit smaller…

I know how the web goes all big & easy this days, but on a standart laptop it’s extremely uncomfortable to view LPU on 1366x768, which is most common used resolution right now. How about getting things little smaller here? There’s enormously big padding everywhere on website, super large fonts which even won’t allow to see whole thread/blog titles… I think some css tweaking would make things a lot better :slight_smile:

Slider

Oh man this big slider, that uses 80% of screen… Make it smaller and a bit slower + another idea - use it partially to show some of the fan-art? :slight_smile:

Downloads: uhmm… update this sometime?

Also:
Put the forum link somewhere in the main menu, please?

COMMUNITY

A most weak place. Incredibly hard to find someone from your area, city, country. There’s just a random list of people out there, with really weird working search on the left.

Search:
Making a search option by country/city…

People around you:
by using geo-location function, it shows up a people around you via google maps, using a current position, or location user stated in profile (May be disabled completely by member’s will)

PROFILE TWEAKS

Friend request notifications…
There’s is notification for comments, but none for friend-requests.

Friends: I don’t get why every comment on profile should be approved, if it’s even a friend’s one? This doesn’t make any sense.

Real name: It would be cool, if people could find others by their real name. Make a field that could be optionally private.

Import friends: Just like the thing on twitter - searches for friends from Gmail, FB, Twitter etc…

Line breaks in users’ about sections… Come on that’s easy.

FORUMS

[i]ITS TOO BIG:[/i]
It’s a super big font over there, super big padding, I can’t read the thread titles normally, that’s really makes them hard to read. And I don’t think there’s a need of avatar of people who started/posted on thread there, to gathere some extra space.

Posting problems:
While quoting someone, forum signature of person also showing in the quote text, its really annoying to get rid of it everytime from there.
A reply button at the end of the page
An ability to quote more than one messages

Etc:
Style a better pop-ups on hover avatars, or even make them pop-up on click.
Merge “Innaproriete/Spam” into one button. Put the message button in to user pop-up on hover.
Fix the forum activity on main page. It’s shows random posts…

to sum up make it look like classic message boards… lplive or lpa is a good example!

OTHER

Mobile:
Lot of people have smartphone’s now, would be cool if the website gonna be using responsible theme for mobile devices.

Tracking number?
Would you provide a one for a package tracking please?

How about adding some badges?
Like an Street Soldier, LPU Ninja, etc… Some cool sh*t just for fun.

I’ll update this when I remember something else. Much thanks for taking time & reading, I would like to know what you guys (& LPU staff) think about this.

And by writing this, I mean I’ll try to help as much as I can (design, css, styling, making mockups… etc) in making that happen.

Nice post, Max :wink:

I’d recommend making a tooltip with full thread name, if it is being cut due to length in threads list, when mouse hover on it.

Great post! I agree with you on a lot of these issues.

I especially like the idea of a better search option of finding LPU members from your country/city, getting the forum link on the main menu and the line breaks in users’ about section.

Well, little corrections:

If the slider takes 80% of your page, you’re on a phone or on an old dinosaur :stuck_out_tongue:

If the average resolution is 1366x768, it’s because most people have 1600x900 or 1920x1080 screens or a phones, so the solution won’t be to reduce the size of the website but to have a mobile version of the website or a phone app.

[quote=Antoine Pandobox Morin]Well, little corrections:

If the slider takes 80% of your page, you’re on a phone or on an old dinosaur :stuck_out_tongue:

If the average resolution is 1366x768, it’s because most people have 1600x900 or 1920x1080 screens or a phones, so the solution won’t be to reduce the size of the website but to have a mobile version of the website or a phone app[/quote]

okay, not 80%, but still a lot. and the fonts are terribly big.

HA! Did you guys saw that they actually implemented few changes? Now the forums list looks much much better with the smaller fonts.

+++ And finally no cutted thread names… Nice job, keep going guys…

I agree with the better search options. It would also be cool if we could add our Facebook feed to our profiles like we can do with twitter or have the ability to make status posts on our profile and have it visible to our Lpu friends. I think it would encourage people to be more social and get to know people better.

Would be nice to see the users have a main gallery like we hade on the LPU9 website too

I don’t care so much for new features. Historically LPU has a habit of trying to add new features without fixing the ones they already put in. I just want stuff fixed so it’s usable. I don’t want them to focus on anything else before that.

Like the design being too sparse and the titles too big to be able to read much, even on a full size screen.
And the signatures being put into the post content instead of displaying them at viewing time, which makes quoting them an annoyance.

Those two are the biggies.

Yeah! We want more stuff!

i would like the feature to delete some mails (got too much inbox)

• not possible. they stay even if you put them into trash

what i always want is a mobile version site

Awesome post and I agree with many of the suggestions you have up.

This is great

I agree. A mobile version or an iPhone app would be great.

Great Post

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I’ll add mobile version of the site to the list