LPU XV - What do you expect/want to see

I think that everyone here has a point of view that I agree…
I totally agree with @Shoegaze4u when you say that we joined LPU to belong to a inner circle, to get information first and etc. At least, that was my proposal too. And principally to get a opportunity to meet the band on a m&g. But like you said, with all this social media that we have now, we get the infos at the same time as others fans. But it happens not only because of fans that share “privileged information”.But because the band members themselves use a lot this socials medias, specially Mike, he is always posting in instagram and twitter. But I guess this would be another topic of discussion. Hahahaha
So, back to what this topic is about… I agree with @evooba. I want a separate sites again. It’s a mess! It’s confusing! I didn’t get used to it.
And of course I agree with the band chats!! Although the band chats are always at a bad time for me. I’m always at work, and I cant participate.
For the package… well, I’m a LPU member only for 3 years, so I don’t have any flags or bandannas or scarfs. It would be great gifts to win. Key chains and guitar picks, I received a lot, I already have repeated items.
I don’t have problems with black and grey t-shirts, but some color would be nice too.
Liked the idea of the mug, but I’m not sure about the cost of it, the packages membership are already too expensive. And as someone said, it’s cool that they added more options for the packages. (although I’ll always pic the full package. :grinning:

1 Like

I still would appreciate a music-chatroom inside here,we´re, it´s all comming together by LP music, so a music-chatroom may in my opp. indispensable and very funny, to get known new music, sharing, chatting while listening, just be nice :yum:

@Taissa_Cartolano Yeah, not sure about the cost either. There are many things they can include in the packages but I’m sure no one is willing to pay more than they already are (which is indeed a lot).

@The_early_walker They tried that, in a sense at least, with LPU radio. Didn’t work. The site is dead so that’s one thing, and there’s a chat already. No one goes in there anymore though, when they did it was just pure chaos lol

what was the prob with the tiny chat?

People just stopped going in there, it was just dead after X. (plus, the guys stopped showing up for chats… well, Mike lol)

and it was never used only for us soldiers to comunicate 1:1 or so?

It was. Whoever wanted could go in, you still can actually. Let’s just say it’s abandoned.

It’s been buggy in the past, but currently, nothing really. It just lacks soul kind of. The old chat didn’t really run any better than Tinychat one, but it looked nice and was customized to look like LPU

Also, the chat never really evolved with the times. As time went on, sites like Facebook and Twitter became more popular and it made the LPU chat less necessary. Tinychat even had an app, but LPU’s chat was disabled on it because you could get on without an account.

Band chat’s were really the only motivation for most, and once that moved sites, it was basically the final nail in the coffin. If we could somehow get a plug.dj like site officially made for LPU with more features than a basic chat on any social media site ever now, I think it could get popular again.

There’s also the fact that the band (Mike, at least) used to visit the chat (and forum) unannounced, which doesn’t happen anymore, either.

ok but really I think I didn´t get the point, why, however, it´s dead, there was one time An van Oppens in, but that was te only I met for a year… :flushed:

An seems to be in there a lot, but she never talks

Basically for all the reasons Jordan said. No one goes (or went) in there just for fun. It became just a platform to hold the band chats, but those were moved to VYRT.

I so wish Mike was active again, though I’ve caught him lurking in here a few times recently.

that was my exp. too…

really? how does ya get it?

You can see when someone was last active.

At the start of LPUX it was still pretty popular, but it was most likely just people going to the only remaining means of communications at the time hoping for something, and it wasn’t what they expected.

wow must be hypened, doesn´t it? But the good ol days seems to be over, he´s so active eerywhere, I start to believe in the clone thing… :no_mouth: saw an interview one of the last nights on Dr. Drew and Mike (ami-radio-sex-hotlline) and he and Anna had been guests, they are talking so funny stuff, over an hour laughed a lot, maybe I find the link again, or do ya know it?

it´s such a thing with expectations, mostly it´s better to have none… :grin:

I’ll be honest, I kind of miss the chat. I used to be in there all the time. Then again, I do understand why the LPU has gone so… inactive (cause otherwise, we’re at least a few thousand people). I’m glad these forums are somewhat active though.

@The_early_walker Yes, I have. They haven’t been on Loveline (name of the show) ever since I think. Plus, that time was for Anna’s book mostly, not Mike (he was there to support).

I don’t expect much to change with LPU15, I assume there will be a slight surge of people like usual, but I really hope something cool happens

I really think we need to drop Wonderful Union to be honest. Nothing against their staff, they’re nice people, but I don’t much care for their design choices. Switching the forums to Discourse over the ones we had last year and the years before was a good choice

1 Like

This, 1000% this!
We’ll see…we’ve got a little less than a month till 15 launches. I assume we’ll see a teaser soon.