Lpu summit flag

I didn’t read the thread yet but I’ll come back to it later to give a better feedback

I think since the summit is international, maybe we can put an image of the earth or a global map thing on the flag and then we can do a projection from Camden location on the map just like the projection of batman sign (when the police call him for help) and here’s a photo to illustrate my idea: http://www.blablablarchitecture.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/iamthenight-Batman-Bat-Signal-CEL.jpg

That’s an interesting idea. If we had a large enough area it might work and look cool. I think we’re trying to go as simple as possible and still make it look incredible. Just trying to keep costs down and keep the images from distorting as much as possible when it’s blown up.
I’ll try and see if a world and american thing will work.

yeah the projection is getting pretty artsy and complex, but I like the final all blacked out background flag, I think that one works best J, looks better blending in like that much better, and the american flag doesnt look to bad. Lets try not using the american flag and using the globe there, and maybe we can highlight or do something on the globe for the NJ part, I will see what I can do for that part of the image. Good ideas.

Maybe could incorporate something like these, have new jeresey, or susquehanna bank center, and or since it is living things we could use the background of the new album.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Something real quick using those, maybe blend the LP symbol into the black background better. Uses world, and globe is new jersey, and using living things concept and summit. ANd blend the globe black background in better.

We are making some really good designs! We’re going to have to vote on one soon though because it might take a few weeks to make the actually flag. Don’t want to get the flag and then it is not ready in time for the Summit.

LOL yeah, if J gets it done locally it shouldnt be that bad or take that long, week or two maybe, so yeah we should figure it out soon and just go with one. I think anything will be a good idea and flag.

Here’s two that I pulled together on a late night at home:

I’ll probably work with a few other ideas over the weekend. Let me know what you guys think, and I can go from there. Also, the gradient on the second one isn’t exactly smooth simply because of upload constraints. It looks perfectly fine on the version I’ve been editing.

I personally think a simple flag would do fine. A big LP logo along with the location would look good, as I’ve done in both flags above. If most of us are going to sign it, the black space should provide plenty of room as well.

[quote=Trinity]LOL yeah, if J gets it done locally it shouldnt be that bad or take that long, week or two maybe, so yeah we should figure it out soon and just go with one. I think anything will be a good idea and flag.

[quote=SuperTongue]
[/quote]

I really like this one. It looks really good! Plus there is lots of space for people to sign their names if we do chose to do that.

I like this flag. it’s simple but stands out, maybe just change a few colors or lighten it up. plus i’m running out of ideas and finding it hard to find time to sit down and create something without just pulling from the internet.

But i’m your guy when it comes time to have it produced. just have to upload the photo into illustrator and send it off to the company. plus they can do any work that needs to be done to it and they wont print it without having the mock up approved by us.

Here is one i came up with

Attach it robot boy? Yes like I said at first post lol, simple, black, LP logo, Camden NJ SUMMIT, maybe living things, that is what we should go with and all sign it with white permanent marker, it will come out and look really good, and is much easier to put on fabric and not look pixelated or warped, spread out etc,

I like super tounges first one, but I think a little color and 2012 stand out some more and we would be good to go with something like that. Maybe get living things in there somewhere since it will be that albums tour if possible, or maybe the world globe in one of the bottom corners since it is international, a couple people pointed that out in this post, so super tounge if you can see what you can do maybe get 2012 to stand out more, and maybe incorporate the earth for international, I think the mostly black background is our best option for looks, what LP usually looks like and for us to get printed and sign. Great job people.

J_Callahan and Trinity last designs are amazing. I love them. and for SuperTongue design, it’s cool but like J_Callahan said, it needs some lightening and I think also more complexity (American flag or globe pic).

In Trinity design, I really like the LPU 11 logo and the band symbol in the middle

Just a suggestion,
When creating your flag using illustrator/ photoshop make the size 3inches x 5 inches or 4inches x 6 inches. The production company uses the ratio 1": 1’
This way when it’s blown up the ratio of everything on the flag stays the same.

Also, possibly leave .5 inches of black on the bottom of the flag. This does limit your working space somewhat but it’ll ensure enough room for signatures.

Just some food for though.

Here’s another shot with some suggestions filtered in. I still plan to update until we decide on a flag, so feel free to post some more suggestions if you like the design.

Adding a photograph of the globe simply sticks out like a sore thumb, at least in my opinion. An overlay looks pretty decent and adds a little bit of the “Living Things” look to the flag while still retaining what some of you are looking for.

Again, I’ll continue to update this until we vote, so please, please, please keep adding input!

[quote=SuperTongue]

Here’s another shot with some suggestions filtered in. I still plan to update until we decide on a flag, so feel free to post some more suggestions if you like the design.

Adding a photograph of the globe simply sticks out like a sore thumb, at least in my opinion. An overlay looks pretty decent and adds a little bit of the “Living Things” look to the flag while still retaining what some of you are looking for.

Again, I’ll continue to update this until we vote, so please, please, please keep adding input![/quote]

I really like how you blend the globe with LP, but I think using blue instead of red will be more beautiful

[quote=LP13413]Here’s one I just quickly came up with

In the United States we put the month first/then date/then year.