Lpu summit flag

Heres a simple one i did, i could add maybe the LPU 11 logo in the middle/bottom
By alexlinkinpark at 2012-06-18

^ Like both those ideas. Yours is pretty badass Alex! I like how the band members are on “fire”.

I like the basic idea, it just fits for me, like this :

(not much of an artist :b)

Holden’s concept isn’t bad, maybe a little more space to have people write on. The only problem is making sure of the resolution.
If a simple design is chosen maybe have a white background so, like i said, members can draw a little something of what they want.

I can try and get a quote from the place I know for Holden’s concept. Plus if the resolution isn’t the highest the place can work with it. If it costs a little extra I dont mind flipping the bill for half of the total cost.

I’ll try and get some more simple design options if I can find the time.

[quote=AlexLinkinPark]Heres a simple one i did, i could add maybe the LPU 11 logo in the middle/bottom
By alexlinkinpark at 2012-06-18[/quote]

I really like this one…

[size=40]It’s Already Settled!!
The Summit Flag will be the word “Lemon Pie” in Linkin Park font.
I will post pic soon.
[/size]

[quote=J_Callahan]Holden’s concept isn’t bad, maybe a little more space to have people write on. The only problem is making sure of the resolution.
If a simple design is chosen maybe have a white background so, like i said, members can draw a little something of what they want.

I can try and get a quote from the place I know for Holden’s concept. Plus if the resolution isn’t the highest the place can work with it. If it costs a little extra I dont mind flipping the bill for half of the total cost.

I’ll try and get some more simple design options if I can find the time.

So if we make the flag and give it to the band it’ll look something like this for the people who aren’t aware. This the St. Petersburg show in Russia that happened a few days ago on June 14th. I watched the whole show and it is pretty epic! Definitely recommend watching it. Anyways, just look at Mike’s keyboard which can be seen throughout almost the entire video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6pCofOyIg&feature=g-u-u

Another quick simple design

nice flags guys ! :slight_smile:

[quote=J_Callahan]Another quick simple design

Im thinking for the resolution, pricing, and signing it, we should go with a more simple idea, we definitely want a high resolution digital image to give to whoever does it, online or the company, the flag is pretty big, its not huge, but you have to remember a monitor size vs a 36 inch by 60 inch flag or something like that, the size and resolution really matter, they will take the digital image and put it on the fabric, so lower resolutions will get pixelated and look bad, and the more complex we make it with more colors etc the worse it could come out. It might work fine, I think simple, black, and we sign it in white fits better, black linkin park works reallyl well, but either might work out fine. I think Holdens would work, just worried about resolution on more complex designs made much larger then our 22 inch screens. They can only work with the quality of our image either local or online. We have some time, so lets keep working things out, then maybe we can post three we like the most and have everyone vote on it for final decision???

[quote=LP13413]I think I’ll get in on this as well. This is a fun projekt

For example JCALLAHANS final using the black, my image, with the american flag and the LPU symbol, we would want to user higher resolutions on all three of those images and make the final a much higher resolution. JCALLAHANS is only 800x431 resolution. That gets pixelated and starts looking bad just on my 24 inch monitor at 1920x1080 resolution. A flag is much bigger, and from researching what we need to focus on and have is a high number of DPI, dots per inch that is for printing on fabric or print. Photoshop, illustrator or corel draw will do this for us. So we want to use the best high resolution images we can get from the internet, then use one of those programs and save it in at least 300DPI so it looks decent from a distance and close up. AGAIN I AM NOT A PRO SO IF WE HAVE PHOTO MASTERS THAT KNOW MORE PLEASE HELP. But from reading, resolution is not what we really worry about in the final digital image, we have to save in a high DPI so the digital print has enough pixels or dots per inch that it looks pretty good. SO if someone can work on this and help make it that is great. Here is some important info for the flag and printing.

An original, unscaled image printed at 50 ppi will look at least as good as, and usually better than the same image pseudo-enlarged in Photoshop to make it “150 ppi”. And never, never, never take a super-compressed jpeg that your client “got from the website” and try to scale it up for print. Those jpeg compression artifacts get uglier and uglier the more they’re scaled up.

AND IF YOU WANT TO READ THROUGH A LITTLE IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP MAKE THIS FLAG AND GET IT PRINTED, ITS A GOOD THING TO READ TO HELP FIGURE OUT WHAT WE NEED TO DO ON THE IMAGING, FORMAT AND QUALITY.

NOT TO GET TOOO TECHNICAL HERE LOL, but we want something pretty decent looking to give to the band lol

Yeah I havent had time to really use any advanced techniques to make the flag. Most companies prefer you use illustrator to create the final image at around 150 dpi or greater. plus with illustrator even the tiniest image can be stretched without losing resolution. unfortunatelly illustrator costs alot, so the next best option is photshop.

the banner place that i know of can actually help make the final image look better. they can take a web image or jpeg image and work on it so the final design doesnt look pixelated. I submitted Holden’s design to them to get an estimate and they’ll see how well that design works for a 3’x4’ flag.

maybe for right now we can submit ideas, our own designs, and eventually place a vote. after that we can work on making that final design work on an actual sized flag.

I can get illustrator I am sure, not a big deal to grab that and send it to whoever can use illustrator to put the final design in and save in the proper format at 150dpi. Yeah will be good to see if your local place can make a flag for a good price where the digital image will look good on a large background canvas like the flag. I have seen horrible ones before, wasnt sure the big process until I read about it and the difference between us just using photoshop and making some jpegs bigger and slapping them together, they can actually come out looking really horrible on large fabrics. I think we are on the right track, lets see what they say and pricing and then we can work on getting a quality one from illustrator if need be and do a vote if need be.

I sort of recreated an earlier flag using illustrator. it’s based on a 3’ x 5’ flag. I think taking jpegs from online and expanding them is still going to look pixelated, but looks better.

I think with a little bit of professional clean up from a place we can get the flags looking great.
Plus I saved the file as .tiff with 300 dpi. I guess it looks ok.

[quote=J_Callahan]I sort of recreated an earlier flag using illustrator. it’s based on a 3’ x 5’ flag. I think taking jpegs from online and expanding them is still going to look pixelated, but looks better.

I think with a little bit of professional clean up from a place we can get the flags looking great.
Plus I saved the file as .tiff with 300 dpi. I guess it looks ok.

[/quote]
This is a good design! I think though if we could get like the black in the lpu 11 flag to mix clearer and more equally with the black in the background it would be even better

Yeah its going to be tough, I think that works well with illustrator, we just need a solid black baground so my black lpu 11 jpeg flag blends in with the background, then we need to get the USA flag blended in nicely somehow and I think we would be good and the LP in the bottom corner, maybe invert to black with White LP desgin so it flows together better and with all black background I think it will help the pixel issue and we can sign it in white marker that will stand out really well. Its definitely the way to go to put it on canvas, 300dpi or 150dpi, should work well.

I managed to complete two different styles of flag that I recently posted. Apparently I couldn’t blend placed images from the web.
The first one has black on the side by the lpu 11 graphic and that blends into a little bit of white near the american flag. you can see the outline of the lp graphic and the lpu 11 graphic, but it’s not too bad. the white i guess sort of goes with the white in the flag.
The second one is self explanatory, fully blacked out.

By j_callahan at 2012-06-20

By j_callahan at 2012-06-20