LPU Summit Auctions

Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

What type of auction is it? A Silent auction?
What are the typical prices and items?
Do you have to bring money with you?
etc.

Also, List what you have bought, and if you want, let us know the price!

GREAT thread I have often wondered this myself!

bump for good question

[quote=Ginger]Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

etc.

[quote=SinisterNL][quote=Ginger]Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

etc.

[quote=SinisterNL][quote=Ginger]Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

etc.

[/quote]
silent auction? i guess…
guitars, signed cd’s and just stuff.
CREDITCARD. and make sure you have enough money on a paypal account!!! (i know it from xperience with a auction)
[/quote]

Are you speculating or do you seriously know how a summit auction works?

It is a silent auction. Everything, from signed guitars, banners, cds, pictures with the band, and plaques from their homes, are laid across tables and people line up and bid on them. After about an hour or 2 they close the bidding and whoever had the highest bid in the end gets the item. They take cash and credit cards but as far as I saw, nothing was going for under $100. I got my signed Hybrid Theory (my favorite cd of all time) banner for $275 and it was worth every penny!

HOLY SHIZNET!

Woooooooah NICE congrats!!

[quote=KATHYxx][quote=SinisterNL][quote=Ginger]Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

etc.

[/quote]
silent auction? i guess…
CREDITCARD. and make sure you have enough money on a paypal account!!! (i know it from xperience with a auction)
[/quote]

[/quote]
i know it kath :wink: i bought Brad’s Iridescent guitar in Hamburh for only 575 euro.
But my problem was that i didnt have enough money on my paypal account :S. And i will NEVER forget Adam and stephanie for trusting me of paying liek 140 bucks right there and the rest a few days later from my home. i sweated my head of at that moment, i was so scared i couldnt take my guitar home

[quote=SinisterNL][quote=KATHYxx][quote=SinisterNL][quote=Ginger]Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

etc.

[/quote]
silent auction? i guess…
[/quote]

[/quote]
i know it kath :wink: i bought Brad’s Iridescent guitar in Hamburh for only 575 euro.
But my problem was that i didnt have enough money on my paypal account :S. And i will NEVER forget Adam and stephanie for trusting me of paying liek 140 bucks right there and the rest a few days later from my home. i sweated my head of at that moment, i was so scared i couldnt take my guitar home

yeah. Even tho Adam said it was quite a good deal. The Catalyst guitar was sold for over 1000 dollar in chicago

[quote=SinisterNL]yeah. Even tho Adam said it was quite a good deal. The Catalyst guitar was sold for over 1000 dollar in chicago

[quote=LPfan1989][quote=SinisterNL]yeah. Even tho Adam said it was quite a good deal. The Catalyst guitar was sold for over 1000 dollar in chicago

O:’

That’s a lot of money. holy hells.

[quote=SinisterNL][quote=KATHYxx][quote=SinisterNL][quote=Ginger]Can someone go through what happens at an LPU summit Auction?

etc.

[/quote]
silent auction? i guess…
[/quote]

[/quote]
But my problem was that i didnt have enough money on my paypal account :S. And i will NEVER forget Adam and stephanie for trusting me of paying liek 140 bucks right there and the rest a few days later from my home. i sweated my head of at that moment, i was so scared i couldnt take my guitar home[/quote]

Oh my God!! The price is really good and they were awesome to trust you and not to put it back to auctions! :slight_smile:

[quote=NorthernFan][/quote]

I saw that you sweated… :smiley: Glad they’re both so kind!! I had problems with payment as well (same auction). But Adam and Stephanie gave me the opportunity to get some money from the ATM prior to the show, so I could pay for my item (my credit card didn’t worked). I bought/won the ATS plaque handed out to MS! Now it’s decorating my living room. Price was, when I remember correctly, € 450.-. But it was worth it :smiley: And i would do it again!!!