Lpu 12?

i’m pretty new here, i’m using the trial version of LPU right now and i really want to know when is the new LPU 12 coming out?? one of my friends told me it’s in the end of october…or something like this…
thanks anyway! [smile]

Normally around October/November. An announcement should be out in 6 weeks or so. Hopefully… my annual membership ends then…

Yup, the new LPU usually comes out towards the end of the year around November.

thank u!!! [smile] so it’s waiting for october/november to come! and…another thing… i always wondered why they wait entire year for the new membership, i mean we’ll be 2013 when LPU 12 will come out…weird :))

the number is not meant to match the year, it’s just a coincidence because LPU was founded in November 2001, so LPU1 lasted from Nov/2001 until Nov/2002 and so on.

Dumb question moment: this is my first year so when the new LPU 12 comes out do you need to buy a new subscription or does it role over (I am assuming it just roles over as LPU 11 becomes LPU12, but the replies to this post made me question this?)

[quote=perky]Dumb question moment: this is my first year so when the new LPU 12 comes out do you need to buy a new subscription or does it role over (I am assuming it just roles over as LPU 11 becomes LPU12, but the replies to this post made me question this?)

October/November

ahh, can;t wait

NULL

[quote=claudio rodrigues]

subscriptions last an year so if you signed up in june you’ll be a member and have your benefits until june/13 but you will not get the new membership package unitl you renew it! [/quote]

Thank you - all makes sense. But to be honest I am still waiting for the membership package for LPU11 so guess I will always be getting the packages at the end of each cycle (if it ever arrives that is!)

[quote=perky][quote=claudio rodrigues]

subscriptions last an year so if you signed up in june you’ll be a member and have your benefits until june/13 but you will not get the new membership package unitl you renew it! [/quote]

Thank you - all makes sense. But to be honest I am still waiting for the membership package for LPU11 so guess I will always be getting the packages at the end of each cycle (if it ever arrives that is!)

[quote=NickFanOfShinoda]LPU 12 is expected to be released 6 weeks in October or early November.

That’s good to know - I will keep an eye out and like you decide when it’s best to renew!

Does anyone know, if existing LPU customers will receive an email for the renewal? I would like to prevent that I buy a new LPU membership and get a new user name etc. How to deal with the renewal?

[quote=Shoegaze4u]Does anyone know, if existing LPU customers will receive an email for the renewal? I would like to prevent that I buy a new LPU membership and get a new user name etc. How to deal with the renewal?
[/quote]

We’ll get an email saying that LPU 12 has launched but your account (name, profile, etc) will remain the same as long as your membership hasn’t expired. For example if you bought an LPU11 membership in January, in order to still be part of the LPU you’ll have to renew in January of 2013. If you want, you can renew as soon as LPU 12 launches though…

Usually around October/November/December. I’ve been a member of the LPU since 4.0 and that’s when it usually launches. Mike did say that this CD will be 10 unreleased demos, which is fucking awesome once again. I can’t wait.