LP tour UK **all threads merged here**

No, that’s insanity.

The queue out here is crazy. It’s moving but it’s just so long. At this rate, not all the audience will be in front standing before LP take the stage.

1 Like

Great gig and the meet and greet was awesome. Hello to all meet and greet peeps that were there and an extra hello to the peeps who I was hanging with at m&g :wink:

M&g was insane! Will never forget it! Hope hugging Chester is the last memory on my mind when I die :joy: Hope everyone else had fun! Shame the concert was a downer for the end of the Europe tour…

1 Like

Concert was a downer? I had an amazing night.

Concert was AWESOME AS HELL, my voice is completely gone. My head hurts now as I write this and CHESTER BLEW A KISS STRAIGHT AT ME, :open_mouth:

I cried when they played Crawling and One More Light and I loved the tribute to Manchester, :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I try not to do this too much because there are far too many phones in the air at shows, but couldn’t resist this one. It’s a bit shaky in places as I was watching with my eyes, not through my phone lens, but here’s a video of Sharp Edges from last night. https://youtu.be/Q6BFfC8Ewj4

2 Likes

Absolutely loved last night, both the show and the M&G. Thought the new stuff sounded great live, especially Heavy.

1 Like

Heavy was awesome. The only 2 songs that I checked out on were Good Goodbye and Battle Symphony. Just cannot find enthusiasm for them tracks. I got Phoenix’s pick at the end of the show too. Loved last night. One of the best arena shows I’ve seen them do.

1 Like

Yeah those two did seem a little weak, battle symphony more so I thought. One More Light was incredible, so moving.

2 Likes

Last night was frikin amazing!
So pleased they did some of the less obvious tracks such as somewhere I belong and leave out all the rest (the slow start was beautiful!)
Merchandise wasn’t great, I liked the green tee but 30 is a lot! I was gutted there wasn’t any programmes as I like to collect them.

Beautiful tribute to Manchester victims and families by Chester, almost brought me to tears!

All in all it was a great night. Probably my 2nd favourite L.P. show after Milton Keynes but it’ll take a lot to beat that lol!

Dan

3 Likes

OML made a few people around me cry. Very emotional.

Lots of people getting angry with the guys moshing and starting circle pits. I don’t see why everybody gets so angry, because the guys rocking out were having so much more fun. For the first thirty minutes there wasn’t much atmosphere where I was, everybody was standing still and being quite uptight, so I rode the wave with the moshers and ended up quite close to the front and it was loads more fun down there.

1 Like

I ended up buying the Birmingham shirt, £30 is a lot though, I agree.

2 Likes

There was one that was just for Birmingham? I’d have been tempted by that. I was going to get the LP Snapback, but they didn’t have it on sale. £30 is too much of a gamble because the shirts are usually either too big or too small and then I never end up wearing them. Would’ve liked a Birmingham shirt.

This is my list of best to worst gigs so far. Last night was number 3 out of 10.

Nottingham Rock City 2003
Download 2014 (hybrid theory in full)
Birmingham Barclaycard Arena 2017
Reading Festival 2003
Download 2004
Sonisphere 2009
Download 2007
London Astoria 2007
Nottingham Arena 2008
Birmingham NIA 2003

1 Like

In regard to the mosh pits I can understand both sides of it.
I was seated at the side so could see them going on. I’m not a fan of them myself as obviously the pit has an ‘edge’, and those on the edge might not want to join in as they can be quite violent.

Dan

True, but the guys standing still were being so boring. Weren’t even singing or even slightly bouncing. Everybody is there to have fun, not stand like they’re looking at a painting in an art gallery. The pits are nothing at all like the ones back at this bands career. They used to be brutal before the smartphone revolution.

1 Like

Yeah it was a grey one with one more light Birmingham on the back. I think they were limited in numbers as I didn’t see them on sale after I came out the M&G

1 Like

Ah ok. I went to the merch after the show. I only managed to get inside the venue at 8:20 because of the massive queue. Took me 40 minutes to get from the end, get searched and get into front standing.

Yeah, very XD Yet effective!

Thought last night was in incredible, they always seem to manage to get the sound spot on (must be hard with all the electro gubbins thats used)

I dont get emotional easily, but the tribute combined with Chesters muted scream in OML nearly ripped my heart out. Beautiful tribute and something that will have meant so much to so many.

A couple of fans were wheelchaired out (never nice to see), Chesters eyes were like storks. Security were top notch though and got them help quickly.

All in all, great set, decent atmosphere on the barrier and got a double fist bump from Joe when he was wandering around with his camera!

Hope everyone had a great night, anyone else get sunburn from queuing?!

2 Likes