LOST IN THE ECHO video is awesome

I have to post my reply in this one as well since there are two threads. People are missing the concept.

Its the concept that makes this video EPIC. No it doesnt do the song justice, and they might just release a different video for it in the future, but they have made plenty of top notch videos in the past and everyone makes videos for there music even facebook artists, youtube artists to mainstream. BUT NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THIS. To say Facebook pays LP for this is just stupid, the record label was against the idea, they did it because it was there GENIUS CONCEPT, and it makes every single video different. THe concept is brilliant and might start an entire new breed of music videos. Facebook is a tool used by millions of fans of artists, to bring them into your music and video, is beyond words and genius PERIOD. Take this video with a grain of salt, it is like the first automobile made, great genius idea, but its the first time ever, so a little bumpy and rough to ride, but when your done its still amazing that you just drove the car and were inside it.

Really? The video an the interactive are awful

It’s brilliant. When I saw myself and my family I couldn’t believe my eyes. People who don’t like it must have got shithouse pictures go in or they are idiots. The video itself is a bit bland, but the concept is fantastic. As usual Linkin Park have polarized their fans. Well done.

[quote=Trinity]I have to post my reply in this one as well since there are two threads. People are missing the concept.

Its the concept that makes this video EPIC. No it doesnt do the song justice, and they might just release a different video for it in the future, but they have made plenty of top notch videos in the past and everyone makes videos for there music even facebook artists, youtube artists to mainstream. BUT NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THIS. To say Facebook pays LP for this is just stupid, the record label was against the idea, they did it because it was there GENIUS CONCEPT, and it makes every single video different. THe concept is brilliant and might start an entire new breed of music videos. Facebook is a tool used by millions of fans of artists, to bring them into your music and video, is beyond words and genius PERIOD. Take this video with a grain of salt, it is like the first automobile made, great genius idea, but its the first time ever, so a little bumpy and rough to ride, but when your done its still amazing that you just drove the car and were inside it.

Really really amazing video

I really enjoyed the video and the concept behind it, even though the full effect was lost due to my inactivity on Facebook. Most of my photos didn’t even include me, but that is not the video’s fault.

What I like more about the video is that fans of LP feel free to engage in criticism about the video.

the video is fun to watch but gets boring after a while

Curt mentioned this is now old technology, but even if it is I still think it’s cool what LP have attempted as they have always been about interacting with fans.

Admittedly it doesn’t actually pull that many pics, and cos I don’t used my fb that much I have to admit I didn’t even recognise a couple of people. There was especially no deep message simply cos the pics weren’t that personal for me, but it has that potential and will be different everytime you watch. And imagine playing the interactive video again in a couple of years of more (if it’s still available)?

In my opinion, if anything makes people think and talk about it, it clearly has done it’s job. So regardless of whether people like/dislike it, LP have yet again got their fans interacting and part of the LP experience - I’m sure that’s something we can all agree on!

[quote=perky]Curt mentioned this is now old technology, but even if it is I still think it’s cool what LP have attempted as they have always been about interacting with fans.

Admittedly it doesn’t actually pull that many pics, and cos I don’t used my fb that much I have to admit I didn’t even recognise a couple of people. There was especially no deep message simply cos the pics weren’t that personal for me, but it has that potential and will be different everytime you watch. And imagine playing the interactive video again in a couple of years of more (if it’s still available)?

In my opinion, if anything makes people think and talk about it, it clearly has done it’s job. So regardless of whether people like/dislike it, LP have yet again got their fans interacting and part of the LP experience - I’m sure that’s something we can all agree on!

Love the new video. I was watching and it was like OMG I am in the old photo the guy is staring at with 2 of my girlfriends from back in the 80’sone on very far right. How did they get that picture? Too Cool

First off all, there’s already a thread about this topic. Second of all, that’s why it’s interactive; by connecting to facebook, you allow the flash thing or whatever to access your facebook photos and add them to the video.

I am not sure what it’s about but I think it is when the world is coming to an end and all the believers of god are tooken to heaven and the non believers are left here lost in the echo. That is how I look at it. :slight_smile: Tell me yalls?

I think it’s about giving up a loved one and moving on. That would kind of explain why those people turned into ashes and why their faces replaced the facebook photos.

Sorry ass video for an amazing song. They could of came up with something a lot better. I thought I was watching a trailer while watching the video, anyways lame video. Hopefully Castle of Glass makes up for this.

I didn’t like it [cry] [sad]

I can’t wait to see the whole video…It’s always something more to these guys.At first I couldn’t down load it because my computer kept freezing.So glad I finally saw it.:slight_smile:

I believe the video is about souls that are longing and hurting going to a secret place to release.

Its not an old concept. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE IN ANY MUSIC VIDEO EVER. Yes it is flash based and you can create something like that on your computer, but NO BAND EVER HAS PUT THERE FANS IN THE VIDEO using this method. If you dont use facebook its not as cool, I dont use it much but to have my daughter in it, and linkin park summit and concert pictures in the video turned out really well. You might call it old and that people do this all the time, but your incorrect. I watch music videos all the time, listen to all types of music and this is the first experience ever for a real band to pull facebook into the video and have your pictures, friends and memories in the video. Might be easy technology, but a GENIUS concept that no one has ever tried and that is what makes it so special.

[quote=Trinity]Its not an old concept. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE IN ANY MUSIC VIDEO EVER. Yes it is flash based and you can create something like that on your computer, but NO BAND EVER HAS PUT THERE FANS IN THE VIDEO using this method. If you dont use facebook its not as cool, I dont use it much but to have my daughter in it, and linkin park summit and concert pictures in the video turned out really well. You might call it old and that people do this all the time, but your incorrect. I watch music videos all the time, listen to all types of music and this is the first experience ever for a real band to pull facebook into the video and have your pictures, friends and memories in the video. Might be easy technology, but a GENIUS concept that no one has ever tried and that is what makes it so special.

WHY??? That makes no sense. If you are a Linkin Park fan then you should know by now that they are anything BUT CONVENTIONAL. It is a new thing, your contradicting yourself, It is the first time ever a Mainstream music video has linked facebook and your personal pictures and life into the video. That is a great concept, and more will follow. If you want conventional then dont watch the video. Linkin parks albums are not conventional, there music has transformed and changed against the normal convention and broke away from the box that was linkin park with minutes to midnight, and albums that followed. This is what LP is all about, paving new ways, doing something different, experimenting with there music and now the videos. And it is not what we ALL EXPECTED AND WANTED TO SEE. Many many many fans love this, and theres a small percentage that dont get it or dont like it. Same with there music. Its definitely rough, its new, it can get better, but a really cool concept and a surprise. If you didnt like linkin parks Peanut Butter and Jelly then yeah you probably wont get this or understand the genius behind it.