Lost in the echo exact lyrics please?

Hey all
Started a one day project, to translate an old video, merely because of an inability to work on other things
(motivation is key for me to work, employers had a rough time w me :stuck_out_tongue: )
it’s all about purposes of things being done and the priorities of the results expected.
i never expected employers to understand :stuck_out_tongue:²
oh, i actually did… so i quit that…

I have so much to finish… but the only thing that could motivate me today was to prove once and for all to my fellow countrymen that LP is the best band in history!
This can be verified (instead of proven) once more and this time with only two songs,
Castle of Glass and Lost in the Echo.

Then i reached this moment again, where the lyrics reported in different websites are different
and i got there as i realized only when translating that there’s one or two word’s i’m not sure of.

But then… not only was i so certain that the song said “There and back, yeah, my soul ain’t sell”
but most lyrics sites report “damn, i’m back, yeah, my soul ain’t sell”

So i was wondering if someone has the CD around them to verify with the booklet because i can still hear “There and back” and lyrics sites seem to agree i’m wrong…
being merely “back” is different than being “there and back” if you know what i mean :stuck_out_tongue:

I am 38 years old,
i don’t have passed things “handy” :smile:
Thx LPU!
:fist:

additional credit (optional):
Who can help a Greek understand the phrase : kept respect up the vets stay their.
can we translate it to school english, as it’s just all Greek to me? :slight_smile:
"kept the respect high, while the veterans keep their own? (my best “intelligent” guess)

2 Likes

I’ve always heard “there and back, yet my soul ain’t sell”
This is also verified by Genius which I believe is the most credible lyric site.

Is this referencing the line right after the other one you were asking about in LITE?

2 Likes

20190614_171618

6 Likes

@the_termin8r saves the day,
does it fast, and receives the optional credit too!

I knew this is a brother you can count on!

a) LPU members know better than lyric sites
"There and back" wins!
b) “the best, they fell”, now that makes perfect sense!

i owe you one bro!
translation at 100% and here’s the vid back from 2013.
i hope you enjoy some visuals on those lines for a reward!
They are more accurate in my life today than they were even back when this video was made.
It’s in fact, a dedication from my past to the present and future.
the closing point of a circle is the starting one.

@evooba can verify and tell me if i approached the meanings well, and not just translate the words as heartless translators do!
(Uploading them within 10 mins)

@jrtrussell thx for the contribution brother!
:fist_right::fist_left:

3 Likes

That’s how I roll. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
4 Likes

@the_termin8r
always looking cool while highly overclocked :wink:

@LP13413 i considered a call to the LPU team faster than looking up the lyric videos
and @the_termin8r proved me right!
but indeed, the official one could do wonders :stuck_out_tongue:
:relaxed:

LPU TEAM
ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEE

“Kept respect up, the rest they fell”.

Help with what? @the_termin8r already posted the full lyrics.

1 Like

Finally pinned a nice translation down for our friends in Greece dear @evooba
check that out, on the vid above (CC button)

but coming to think of it…
i didn’t do it for … “friends” :stuck_out_tongue:
:joy_cat:

My fault here, didn’t “outcall”
Team, you may disassemble!
(bows)

My Greek is not good enough for that.

Nothing to see here

Nothing else here either

1 Like

I have an idea, why don’t we all 3 get banned? I mean it solves the intial problem, right? :rofl:

1 Like

You can’t always trust the lyric books

Prime example…Look at Crawling in the HT Booklet…

1 Like

I’ve never had trouble with booklets contained in the album CD.
I may not be the vinyl age but since we got into the mp3 realm the internet is filled with wrong lyrics that end up changing meanings.
It’s like they don’t even care for what the artist tried to say!
I’ve seen the same in a lot of radiohead songs.
i was forced to make a lyric video to get the right ones up (those in the booklet) but all radiohead audios have been blocked recently (5yr) and i have left it online muted just so the real lyrics are out there.

There, “Don’t forget that you are our son is mispelled into “don’t forget that you are our sun!”
:roll_eyes:

I was 100% confident of the lyrics above as i feel for all LP and Radiohead songs until three websites had a different view and yet again the booklet saved the day!
Maybe it’s a good reason for us to be a little more romantic and buy more physical!

Thank you for the response @acemasters
i always enjoy another view!
:fist: