Living Things Expectations?

For what LP said, i’m expecting a very deep meaning album, with deep lyrics content and a powerful sound, as somebody else said, a cool fusion between rock/rap/electronic :slight_smile:

i think it will be something totally new again, but i hope there will be more songs with chester and mike. i love their changes between singing screaming and raping

Im not big on the name but I said the same thing about ATS so ill just give it time. In terms of the first single choice and the names of the songs, they arnt as good as Meteora or ATS but I am still impressed by the creativeness. Considering what Chester and Mike have BOTH said, its going to be less eletronic sounds than ATS but is pretty much the boiling pot of all their albums except with a new sound that still manages to be heard. The only thing I expect from Living things is what ive expected from all the other albums, something different, something well thought of and finally, something that I can be proud to listen too and say Im a supporter of this :slight_smile:

[quote=Jats]At first I expect the album to be different from the stuff they did before. Like LP always said - they wanna try something else on every record. But since they said, that they are trying to fuse the styles they did before, to create a new sound, I really expect some rock/rap/electronic/epic shit.

After I listened to Burn It Down, I kinda was a bit…confused. Chester’s voice is very Chester-like, but the whole song just has the structure or a typical main stream song; like chorus/stanza/chours/stanza/chorus/rapped bridge/chorus/rapper talking some stuff.
At least the song doesn’t sound compareable to other stuff, but it still isn’t THAT unique as I thought. But that all might be, because it’s LP’s first single…and we all know what a first single should sound like…accessable to everyone.

For me, the rest of the album should really not just sound like a kind of remix or just mixing together all they did before. I want something never heard before like they did with ATS, but the songs still are supposed to have this ‘never get old’ character.
When I saw the track listing I was suprised about one song called ‘I’ll Be Gone’. It doesn’t sound like that typical LP title to me…more personal, but not that easy to identify with, but I hope it won’t sound like that.

Referring to that, I really wanna hear intense, senseful lyrics with a ‘hit in the stomach’ character like the Meteora songs all were like. I expect it to be like…you hear a song and be like ‘Damn, they just talked to me.’, you know ? I want something that…immediately shakes you and makes you feel the song yourself. Not only what the artists might have been feeling while writing the song.

So all in all I expect another Linkin Park album [biggrin]
I’m very excited for their new stuff now and I hope we gonna see 'em on tour soon.
[/quote]

I couldn’t say more, I agree with you :slight_smile:

When it comes to new albums and Linkin Park i’ve learned to expect the unexpected. They grow and change with each new album…i was in love with Burn It Down since the first time i heard it and i’m really excited to see how they’ve used all the tools in their tool box for this album. I expect nothing but a great masterpiece

I hope it’s different!

Completely agree.

I like the sound of “BURN IT DOWN”. I’m quite excited to hear the rest of the album when it comes out.

While am I very excited for Living Things, I have to say I can’t shake the tiny fear that I may not like the new album. Though this fear is most likely me not knowing what’s coming and expecting the worst. I have enjoyed everything Linkin Park has released up to this point. Their “old” and “new,” I enjoy each in their own capacity. I’m not the most picky person when it comes to music either, so probably I nothing to fear.
I’m just trying to imagine what the end result will be after embracing the “old” and “new” styles. I can hardly wait.

Well Giving the track record since Minutes to Midnight, I think its going to be different (which is to be expected) and I like that they keep changing and going in new directions cuz it would get very old to hear Hybrid Theory Over and Over with just different lyrics… From the new single ‘Burn It Down’ I think the new album will be another change without losing that undecribed Linkin Park feel in the story telling of the songs… I’m really looking forward too 'Living Things"!

[quote=Jats]At first I expect the album to be different from the stuff they did before. Like LP always said - they wanna try something else on every record. But since they said, that they are trying to fuse the styles they did before, to create a new sound, I really expect some rock/rap/electronic/epic shit.

After I listened to Burn It Down, I kinda was a bit…confused. Chester’s voice is very Chester-like, but the whole song just has the structure or a typical main stream song; like chorus/stanza/chours/stanza/chorus/rapped bridge/chorus/rapper talking some stuff.
At least the song doesn’t sound compareable to other stuff, but it still isn’t THAT unique as I thought. But that all might be, because it’s LP’s first single…and we all know what a first single should sound like…accessable to everyone.

For me, the rest of the album should really not just sound like a kind of remix or just mixing together all they did before. I want something never heard before like they did with ATS, but the songs still are supposed to have this ‘never get old’ character.
When I saw the track listing I was suprised about one song called ‘I’ll Be Gone’. It doesn’t sound like that typical LP title to me…more personal, but not that easy to identify with, but I hope it won’t sound like that.

Referring to that, I really wanna hear intense, senseful lyrics with a ‘hit in the stomach’ character like the Meteora songs all were like. I expect it to be like…you hear a song and be like ‘Damn, they just talked to me.’, you know ? I want something that…immediately shakes you and makes you feel the song yourself. Not only what the artists might have been feeling while writing the song.

So all in all I expect another Linkin Park album [biggrin]
I’m very excited for their new stuff now and I hope we gonna see 'em on tour soon.

My only expectation of the album is that they continue to be Link Park. They dont need my help just keep giving me the good stuff. I been a fan since Hybrid Theory and I love the music and what they are about.

I actually love the single I love the whole Tron Legacy type vibe upfront then hit you with so great Chester and bring in Mike as soon as you think you know how the song is going. Even if it is "radio/typical"structure they know exactly what they are doing with that single and that song. If that is the vanguard of the album then I think we are in for a great ride!

I think it’d be awesome if it meshed everything together. I’ve been a fan since Hybrid Theory myself (my all time favourite album) Although I wouldn’t mind if it sounded kind of close to that, I know that they’ve changed since then so it’ll be good to hear an even newer sound than what they did with M2M and ATS. Like a lot of people have been saying, I just hope the lyrics are on point, and a lot better than how Burn It Downs lyrics are. Good song, but that’s what I loved about Hybrid and Meteora, the lyrics fit whatever situation you were in. They still did that in M2M, and ATS, but I liked the more aggressive lyrics they had in their older albums.

Actually…I think its going to be about cats xD

" Mike Shinoda ‏ @m_shinoda
We’re going for more of a post-folkcore electro-death-grindballad thing. With piano. The songs are about cats."

I didn’t say it, he did.

The first time I heard Burn it down, I was a bit dissapointed, I wanted something a bit punchier. Now that I’ve listened to it many times over and over in my car (singing along), I really love it. The drum beat is great, especially towards the end and Mike really rocks with his bit. I love how every album is so different from the last. Hope there’s a lot of sreaming from Chester on the new one.

I agree on the screaming. Chester is 36, but hopefully he isn’t veering away from one of his specialities. ATS was great in it’s own way, but Blackout wasn’t “hard” enough in my opinion to have the melodramatic screaming like it had. They could have altered that a little. But I’m really excited for Living Things. Pre-ordered and ready!

Burn it Down is a pretty sick song, I just hope they have some other upbeat songs on LT too. It’s what their best at… Makes the concerts extra exciting. haha

I hope that the LP will combine in LT all the more interesting things from previous albums. Judging by recent interviews it would happen. So I’m all impatience to))