Living Things Album FirstPlay

first forum post ever
At first I was a little skeptical of Living Things after hearing Lies Greed Misery when it was released a while ago, but now that I’ve heard the full album I love it so much!! It might even be my favorite album yet (although it seems impossible to have a fav LP album cuz all 5 are great) :slight_smile: The songs are all so deep lyrically, and Castle of Glass has been stuck in my head for several hours now…

Totally Agree!

I have only heard BURN IT DOWN and LIES, GREED, MISERY. and I have not listened to either one of them for several weeks.

I am going to be listening to it for the first time at the Twitter listening party. I shall be live tweeting my reaction. @smarky :slight_smile:

So excited. Love you guys so much. Music unites! Let’s enjoy this my little LP soliders!! :smiley:

LP has struck again w/ Living Things. I actually like every song and there aren’t any songs that I say “meh” to. :smiley: :smiley:
ahmayzing, as usual

I just started listening to it &it started off great! Linkin Park never disappoints&always proves to be amazing.

i got mine on saturday i was sooo excited,i put it on straight away and i’ve listened to it over and over again ever since. i absolutely love it. i’ve enjoyed listening to all their albums but this one is awesome.it is quite a deep album and personally i think it is their best. it just blew me away.i love castle of glass the song is just in my head constantly,in my remains and lost in the echo are awesome. i love victimised with its quick and heavy beats.all in all an amazing album!

Starting with the story, i went to the only store open at midnight to get this cd only to find out they won’t have it in for a few days, super disappointed there. it only took 15 hours after that to get it from good old best buy.

first reactions? I love it, how could i not? i’ve been counting down days to release. it’s the only album i actually go out and buy with my hard earned cash. i love the sound. it’s totally different than every other album, as they always are.

it’s the best of all the worlds. the rap and the screaming from the originals plus the newer computerized sounds.

Oh my God!! It is so amazing! I bought the album and heard it over 10 and more times!!
I love it more that I can say like every LP album ;)!

I definitely enjoy the new album. They did a great job.

The album was so great I enjoyed every moment of it! :slight_smile:

WOW! I’m in a complete state of shock!!! I knew it was going to be BEYOND incredible, but it’s even better than that! I seriously can’t describe how much I love “Living Things”!!! I was extremely anxious to hear it and when I listened to it for the first time, it was unreal. Each song, so captivating and perfect. It’s everything I needed and MORE! Truly a masterpiece!!!

Wow this was completely different to what I was expecting. It seemed more experimental to me than ATS!

It was not what I thought it was going to be from what I had heard.

Some extremely powerful moments. I am going to have to keep listening to absorb it all.

Some lyrics are just WOW!

Yup. Definitely need to keep listening to it. Lots of interesting moment. Already on the second time it’s sounding different.

I downloaded the album at 6am, when I got home from my 12-hour night shift. I popped in the headphones immediately and listened to the entire thing once before going to bed. I’ve listened to it 6-7 times since.

As a whole, the album’s great. I definitely like the first half more than the second, though. Roads Untraveled, Skin to Bone, and Until It Breaks are the weakest on the album IMO, with Skin to Bone being my least favorite by far. Roads Untraveled is nice, but weak. Until It Breaks is just confusing, although it has decent sections (like Brad’s verse).

Lost in the Echo is the closest they’ve come to Hybrid Theory in a long time, and I LOVE the style of Mike’s rapping in this song. In My Remains and I’ll Be Gone sound like What I’ve Done/New Divide parts 3 and 4, but they’re really damn good songs so I’m totally ok with it. Burn It Down is ok, and I’ll tolerate Lies Greed Misery because it fits in the album really well. (I didn’t like it much as a standalone single before I heard the album). Victimized is a novelty track, nothing too special for me there.

My favorites are Powerless and, by far, Castle of Glass. Powerless is just a damn good song, but Castle of Glass is something I haven’t heard from LP before…and it’s fantastic. Can’t get it out of my head.

My reaction to the album was really positive. I wanted to start singing along from the beginning because of the catchy beats and lyrics. Each song had alot of energy and is good for dancing and playing when you hang out with your friends. Mike and Chester balance vocals evenly which is awesome, because their combination is what gives Linkin Park their unique edge. I love the band’s progress, and I don’t think they’ve gone in the wrong direction at all musically. They have become more innovative and creative in almost every fasion. The only problem is… it’s not long enough :wink:
LP for life!

I loved alll the songs. Even though A Thousand Suns is my favorite album my favorite songs are in Living Things. Before this album I couldn’t pick which song was my favorite. The melodies are the best part for me. My favorite is Skin to Bone and then Powerless. I’m so glad they wrote this album! Yes I also love how Mike has more vocals, i prefer Chaz but he sounds awesome. It’s also cool that you can hear Brad clearly singing. I was like WOW. I love how mixed they are. And as soon as people (the not super fans like us) really realize that. they will be even more powerful because they are not stuck under the rock genre.

I played the cd with the same cd player that I used back in 2000 when I played HT cd for the first time. So very nostalgic [biggrin]

And as soon as Lost in the Echo started I went like “Wow” and I had the biggest smile on my face. I fell in love with the album right away and In My Remains, Castle of Glass and especially Roads Untraveled got me in tears. And I loved Victimez, had to do little headbanging there [wink]

But still I could not really pick any favorites, beacause I love all the songs so much.