Let the flame war begin

I have always thought this… I mean I am a HUGE LP fan, I mean I wouldn’t spend $60 bucks for LPU if I wasn’t just… I think it is too convinent for LP to SAVE some of their own demos. Sure it isn’t crazy if they didn’t but just some of their early demos from Hybrid Theory and even Meteora I feel sound too modern for the early Linkin Park.

For example: I feel “Oh No” (Points of Authority Demo) off of the LPU 11 sounds just too digitaly enhanced and just feel like it was recorded during the making of LPU 11 just to throw something into the CD, or LP was just creating new beats and felt that this “demo” sounded too much like Points of Authority and decided to label it as a Points of Authority demo.

I also feel the same way with the Faint Demo and Figure .09 demo I honestly feel like the only legit demos are from the timeline of Minutes to Midnight to A Thousand Suns (Excluding the What I’ve Done demo… that too sounds too good to be true as well) and any leaked demo

Am I the only who feels this way?..

-__________________________________________________-

YOU ARE WRONG.

/end

Oh No wasn’t on LPU11 for one, and two, they weren’t using rocks to record their demos and then decided to use real equipment for the final stuff, just because the leaked stuff from back then and things on 15+ year old cassettes are bad quality, doesn’t mean the original source is bad

[quote=TripleXero]Oh No wasn’t on LPU11 for one, and two, they weren’t using rocks to record their demos and then decided to use real equipment for the final stuff, just because the leaked stuff from back then and things on 15+ year old cassettes are bad quality, doesn’t mean the original source is bad

Na I personally dont think that at all!! I mean when u sit down (especially LP) and write an album not only do HUGE numbers of tracks never reach the album but get saved somewhere on a computer but each song that ends up on the album gets remade soooooooo many times till they r happy with it!!!
So to be honest with you I dont agree with u at all^^

They could have easily done some quick mixing; you’d be amazed at how much a good EQ can change the sound of an instrument. (I mean, they did have multitrack in the 90s; we’re not talking about something like The Beatles where they had to record over tapes in order to get all of their sound through a 4 channel mixing desk.)

I don’t know much about such technichal specifics. But no doubt, that LP offers their early demos to let us take part, how the process of making a record goes. So why should they put new songs on a LPU CD and pretend it is old stuff? No reason for doing that! For me Linkin Park is honest and that is one of the reasons, I joined the LPU.

Probably would be better if we didnt have blogs like this cause it only pits members against each other :(.

Whenever any band tracks a demo, it tends to sound really unpolished. Linkin Park tends to experiment with different sounds on different songs numerous times until they find what works. The same can be said for their early demos from HT/Meteora. Again, like Jordan said, it could just be the quality of the recording itself

Yes, im so sick of people making stupid threads accusing LP of doing something untruthful or something. Mods need to step up.

It’s been stated before that LP has many demos and unreleased material that are cut in the final process of picking the track listing. So what we get now is probably what has been cut or is the beginning process of a song. (IE: Drawing = Breaking the Habit idea, Across the Line = Song Cut off from Minutes to Midnight Track listing)

Yes, im so sick of people making stupid threads accusing LP of doing something untruthful or something. Mods need to step up.