Latinamerican Users!

Lol es la n fantasma :ghost:

Do you practice saying these things out loud? :thinking:

1 Like

I usually try to translate random thoughts :joy: or recipes or whatever comes to mindā€‹:grin:
I try to speak in spanish and in the house. But they all look at me like I am an alien :space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: dang, you didnā€™t get any fellow aliens from your lil planet to learn with you? :grimacing:
Ouh! Maybe try learning lyrics to a song in spanish and sing them! You can then do your exams singing the answers to the professor/officiant :rofl:
Ok, cual es tu nombre? :nerd_face: :memo:
:notes: Meeeeee llamooooooooooo :microphone: geooooooooorgiiiiiii-aaa-a-A-AAAAAAAAA!!! :notes: :dancer:

Epic exam right there :joy:

Fran is a good man, the best you could ever want for support and words full of wisdom :smile:

Butā€¦ For explain Spanishā€¦ :grimacing:ā€¦ No much :sweat_smile: jk. Heā€™s good enough to explain some things very well. For a more detailed explanation ask me :slight_smile:

Also calling @anna834 here is your final exam: translate all those post into English, then German :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No, I am the only spanish learning alien!
I actually watch translated songs and I also try to translate them by my self (which is not always succesful)

@IronSoldier16 I will try to bother both of you as little as possible :heart:ā€¦ My german are very few and I am not really trying to learn themā€¦ But I will probably have to, because kiddos will learn them as a second foreign language on school :grimacing::grimacing::woozy_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a question to native speakers - is there any difference between European an American pronunciation/grammar/vocabulary of Spanish? Is there any difference from country to country as far as Latin American countries are concerned?

(non native)

1 Like

Thx. It was generally what I asked for. It confirms my theory (based on movies - some words that Iā€™ve caught) that the Latin pronunciation may be easier to me than the Spanish from Europe. I especially mean the sound between f and th.

In Spain, there are some small regions that the pronounce z and c as s and not as th.
I was searching about it for ages!

https://youtu.be/Xg525KvZxi0 this is very helpful about the phenomenon.

1 Like

:grimacing: Spanish speakers use the Spanish as they think is ok :upside_down_face: of course we have our rules and all that thing, but what makes Spanish ā€œhardā€ is the expressions every country have, also some words in one country have a real different meaning in other. Anyway itā€™s a basic Spanish that anyone can understand and thatā€™s the one your have to learn to use.

The best you can do to difference the sound of the c, s and z is remember the writing of the world. We speak our language very bad (believe me, the word ā€œnecesitarā€ is literally pronounced with double c or with double s and since the pronunciation is ā€œunderstandableā€ itā€™s ok.

This was fine. I almost understood the lady as she was explaining the rules of pronunciation. It was interesting as a phenomenon but too complicated for a beginner. Like 4 possible pronunciations of one single word.

Got it. I think the lady in the video sent by @georkost said something like like this - that we are gonna be understood by native speakers.

In Polish weā€™ve got more complicated letters h or ch, ż or rz (or maybe sz), u or Ć³ and even more than these.

2 Likes

As long as he hasnā€™t abandoned his students as usual :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda the same as when some English speaking European countries use old English as opposed to us American English speakers who never heard those pronunciations
A-loo-mih-nuhm(American) a-loo-mih-knee-uhm

Yeahhhhh, I think pronunciations like that are uhhh understandable to everyone regardless of where it comes from, itā€™s more when a word has a different meaning in Spain Vs Argentina vs Colombia vs Cuba vs Mexico

:skull: it was really hard to wrap my head around the fact that a j sounds like an English y or a w sounds like an English v :sweat_smile: and pronouncing them is like turning your tongue/lips into a pretzel :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@anomalia While learning spanish, I joined many groups for learners and I think that most people are looking for to be able to get a good general knowledge of spanish.
They are not sweating over a specific pronounciation or grammar rules (vosotros vs ustedes)

True. The most important is communication. I just wanted to know differences.

1 Like

I think that one main difference is that coger is a regular verb in spanish and a dirty word in LA spanish :slight_smile: everything else is managable :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

:rofl: thereā€™s actually a lot of those hehe

This, the embarazado and estoy caliente are my favourites!!!

1 Like

Lmao itā€™s funny every time- around 1:30 they start with the definitions in each area lol

Oops the video in that post by @lupedhs is what I mean

Here we go

1 Like

:expressionless:
.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I use duolingo. Even so, Iā€™m not sure, how much you actually learn. But the repeating and repeating get stuck something in my brain over time. And itā€™s getting me down in all this stress. Probably the same way, others play games.

1 Like

Buenasss, han pasado 84 aƱos, pero me llegĆ³ un mail que mostrĆ³ mucha actividad por acĆ” jaja (tuve que recuperar mi contraseƱa porque no la recordaba jeje pero acĆ” estoy). En que andan?

I use it for Japanese and Iā€™ve noticed that (even though you canā€™t really learn how to speak with it) it has a lot of vocabulary. I started writing down all the words I learn, with the meaning right next to it of course, and that way it becomes more useful. Also, the ā€œgame-likeā€ format makes it more fun, with the achievements and leagues and all that.

1 Like