Kitchen thread(Cooking Recipes)

We don’t have Ramen, but we have Doshirack )) Will that count as well?

As long as it’s spicy, it should work

2 Likes

nice one Jordan,I knew every step and manage to fail on all,but at least it works to beat the hunger! one hint: buy three packs in a row… @jfar920 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

coconut fruit salad
80g papaya, cut into small bite sized pieces

80g pineapple, de-cored and cut into small bite size pieces

1 passionfruit (seeds & juice only)

5 lychees, fruits cut into quarters, syrup discarded

80g mango, de-cored, flesh cut into small sized pieces

1 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into small pieces

125 ml coconut milk

1 vanilla pod, split and seeds only

50ml coconut water, chilled

3tsp light brown muscavado sugar

1/2 lime, zest only

crushed ice (if you want)

In a bowl, pour in 125ml of coconut milk (not the water from the can) just the cream, add in the vanilla seeds and muscavado sugar. Using a whisk whip this together for a couple of minutes till has thickened slightly. Set aside.

Prep all your fruit and assemble in layers into glasses, sprinkle over the lime zest and give this a mix.

Then spoon 2 tbsp of the coconut milk mixture into each glass over the fruit. Straight after pour in 25ml coconut water in each glass.

Mix all the ingredients together gently with a spoon, top with crushed ice if you want. You can add more of the coconut cream mixture if you want it to be more creamy.

3 Likes

Step 1 unclear , ended up in a clothes store :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Pelmeniy

You’ll need:

For the dough:

• Flour - 584 gr
  • Hot water - 1,3 glasses
  • Salt - 1,(2/3) of a table spoon

For the filling:

• Pork
  • 3-4 Bulb onions
  • Some allspice
  • Salt( 1 - 1,5 pinch)
  • A glass of milk

So, the first step is: cut the meat and onion into small pieces, then put it into a mincing machine. Mix it., add some salt and pepper
Then add some milk, until the meat becomes dense, but not so much wet. Mix this stuffing again.
The filling is ready.

Mix the flour with salt, add some hot water and then start mixing the dough. When it’ll become a smooth mass, take it to the floured surface and start kneading it.When it stops sticking to your hands - it’s ready to use.

Make “sausages” from your dough. Small ones. Then press them a little.
Roll all the pieces with a rolling-pin until you have middle-thick rounds
(Note: the next step makes a very good family tradition. The children’ll surely love taking part in it).

Put a spoon of meat in the center of every round( don’t put too much, it’s important). Then envelop every round ( don’t forget to press harder on the edges once you’ve enveloped ).
The main part is done. Then just put all of your pelmeniy into boiling salted water . Once they bob up, boil them for 5 minutes.
That’s all! Soar-cream makes this dish even tastier.

3 Likes

:yum: getting hungry! :smiley: Wondering ? You are able To make such things @NickGr

Yup, i surely can! But roasted potatoes and shiashlick( dish on open fire like kebab) are my best))

WOW - I am REALLY impressed! :clap:

1 Like

Some small culinary secrets from my family :smile:

1. When you’re roasting potatoes , add some hot water a few minutes before it’s ready.
  2. You can add a small spoon of vinegar into borch on some of the middle steps . This will make it even better!
  3. Optimal thickness of pieces of meat for kebab(shahlik is how we call it here ) is about 2,5-3 centimeters
  4. You can cook sausages in just 2 minutes by putting them into hot(not cold as usual) water(this is obviously, but I’d never think of that )
2 Likes

instead of adding pork could we add some other meat source?

Of course, you can.

thank youuuuuuuuu :blush:

Russian pancakes ( i call them granny’s pancakes)

You’ll need:
Milk - 1l
5 eggs
1/3 of a small spoon of salt
2 big spoons of sugar
some baking powder
a bit of a lemon juice
Salad oil
some hot water( 1,5 of a glass)
Flour

So, first of all, you’ll have to fluff milk with eggs, then add sugar and salt, fluff it again
Add flour , till the dough becomes water-like, like a non-fat soar cream
Then add salad oil and hot water( if the dough isn’t so water-like). Leave it be for 15 mins

Then just spoil a bit to a hot frying pan( those pancakes are really thin and it’s hard not to burn them up) Turn your pancake with the other side. ( btw, there’s a saying: the first pancake is like a ball)

That’s all! Pancakes are cool with honey. soar-cream and sugar. You can also make a meat or roe filling .

1 Like

@NickGr what do you do with the lemon juice and how much flour approximately is needed?

Add some lemon juice into the dough( flour is approximately 4 glasses)

2 Likes

So…

XMAS RECIPES SHARING , lol
This is one of the very classics: “Dressed herring”

You’ll need:
Potatoes - 3-4 ones(depending on size)
3 carrots
3 beets
2-3 eggs
some cut herring( a usual pack of those sold should be fine)
1 bulb onion
and the king of all salads: mayonnaise!( they say that you can eat a devil with mayonnaise without noticing)

First of all, boil vegetables
When they’re ready, pick a big plate( sometimes cake forms are best, but only if those are big enough and made of glass/ceramic)

Grate the potatoes (use the middle grate) and put it on the bottom
Then grease it evenly with mayonnaise
After that put the herring and grease it with mayonnaise again
Then hash the bulb onion and put it in there( and mayonnaise again)
Middle-grated eggs should go next ( WITH MAYONNAISE!)
Then put grated carrot ( you already know what i’m about to say, don’t you?.. yes, hail the mayonnaise!)
Grate the beet(… mmmmmayonnaiseeeee)

And here it is, ready and yummy! put it in a fridge a few hours before the celebration

2 Likes

What’s it gonna a wear, a tux?

1 Like

A fur-coat(it’s originally called “shuba-dressed” )

1 Like

hey @NickGr happy cakeday!

1 Like