Jimmy Kimmel Live!

[quote=espltd3441][quote=Dleodonuts]maaaan, what a show! although they played a couple of songs twice, i was very pleased with the concert and had a good time!

BUT! can i just say…put away your goddamn cell phones! be in the moment, people! i understand it wasn’t a full show and whatever, but man, this was one of the worst crowds i’ve been in for LP.

no one was jumping around or anything, everyone was too focused trying to get a good video of whatever. and that’s cool, but don’t be that 7’12’’ dude in the front barely even moving blocking peoples view. just chill in the back and record. chances are you’ll get better audio that way anyway.

what i’m trying to say is…try to just take a few pictures when things are kind of calm, but when the chorus or break down hits, please, don’t just stand there doing nothing or recording. you make people like me who jump around and scream look like an a-hole. i even heard some person behind me say “why is this guy jumping? chester’s not even jumping.” …seriously. what?

again, i get it. it wasn’t a full concert and they played a few songs twice…but man, it felt dead out there tonight.[/quote]
I definitely agree. I watched it and the whole crowd was just standing there recording with cell phones and cameras. I saw one guy jumping.

[/quote]

that guy was me. haha…no, i’m kidding. i mean. maybe it was. but i felt bad for jumping since i was pretty close to the front and the people behind me where short to begin with. but i mean…if you’re short and wanna get closer…wouldn’t you wanna start rocking out so then you could potentially make your way to the front?

[quote=Denisse]I agree, I did take pix and a video, but so what?! I was rocking out too. Jumping when I had the space but pumping fist/ arm throughout the show, so much so that my arm is sore haha

I had a couple of ppl behind me doing the same, singing along (thanks G for joining in too!) screaming, jumping but everyone else was a complete BORE! Its why I hate to take non LP fans to shows, they have no idea how to rock out or have a good time. But guess what guys, it wasn’t an LP event, it was JKL and they let any rif raff in there. When we drove by the line I literally told my friend, WHO THE HELL are these ppl? They aren’t LP fans!

But it was a lot of fun, a free show and I got to meet a cool new LPU member! See you at the next one young lady! lol[/quote]

don’t get me wrong…i took pictures, too. but i took them when they were inbetween songs or when no one around me seemed to be doing anything (which was a lot of the time, but only took like 3 or 4 pictures mid-song), but i know exactly what you mean with the crowd being a bore. when they played Lies, Greed, Misery i was all amped! thinking, “oh, these people in the front have black wristbands, they should know some of the lyrics, especially since they released the song before the album was out…” but nope. i felt like i was the only one singing along to that song…so alone :frowning: haha

I didn’t go to the show, but I watched it on TV. I’ve seen other bands perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live (Shinedown and Silversun Pickups within the past couple weeks) and I’ve noticed that the crowds with these performances were also dead. People just stand there. I mean c’mon it’s a rock show so enjoy yourself! It sucks all the energy out of the band’s performance. If LP is going to perform on a late night show I’d rather see them do something like Conan O’Brien or Saturday Night Live where it’s in a studio and the cameras don’t show the boring audience. I remember watching LP’s performance on SNL awhile back and it was amazing! They were still awesome on Jimmy Kimmel despite the boring crowd.

[quote=Dleodonuts][quote=Denisse]I agree, I did take pix and a video, but so what?! I was rocking out too. Jumping when I had the space but pumping fist/ arm throughout the show, so much so that my arm is sore haha

I had a couple of ppl behind me doing the same, singing along (thanks G for joining in too!) screaming, jumping but everyone else was a complete BORE! Its why I hate to take non LP fans to shows, they have no idea how to rock out or have a good time. But guess what guys, it wasn’t an LP event, it was JKL and they let any rif raff in there. When we drove by the line I literally told my friend, WHO THE HELL are these ppl? They aren’t LP fans!

But it was a lot of fun, a free show and I got to meet a cool new LPU member! See you at the next one young lady! lol[/quote]

don’t get me wrong…i took pictures, too. but i took them when they were inbetween songs or when no one around me seemed to be doing anything (which was a lot of the time, but only took like 3 or 4 pictures mid-song), but i know exactly what you mean with the crowd being a bore. when they played Lies, Greed, Misery i was all amped! thinking, “oh, these people in the front have black wristbands, they should know some of the lyrics, especially since they released the song before the album was out…” but nope. i felt like i was the only one singing along to that song…so alone :frowning: haha[/quote]

Yessss about the black wristbands, but the Priority ppl were through JKL not LPU, so those are just random people scoring good tickets/ seats. Ahh well, we’ll have the Shows in September to enjoy. Its a big reason why I will only watch them in GA, I know the die hards will be there with me! At least we went! :smiley:

wish they would have showed the whole concert on Jimmy K

1 Like

[quote=Denisse]I agree, I did take pix and a video, but so what?! I was rocking out too. Jumping when I had the space but pumping fist/ arm throughout the show, so much so that my arm is sore haha

Ha! Yep, we were havin fun right up front…i can’t believe how many people were there! Keep on rocking super fly chick…enjoy!