Is it true?!? Is Chester dead?!?

What is going on? Did anyone even know he was sad

Itā€™s not like Iā€™ve seen regular stuff on him but I had felt he was in a better place lately, itā€™s why Iā€™m stunned.

1 Like

I really canā€™t believe itā€¦

RIP Chester, we will always love and remember you :broken_heart:

5 Likes

I really hope itā€™s fake news. Cannot handle if there would be no more linkin park!

Itā€™s not fake :frowning: Mike Shinoda posted about it on twitter

So many threads came up IDK which to reply to.

We lost an amazing musician. RIP :disappointed: :cry:

My heart is broken ā€¦Chester who sang like an angel and screamed like the devilā€¦ :broken_heart: so so sorry.

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do

1 Like

I canā€™t believe thisā€¦

I honestly canā€™t believe this, why Chester?
Imagine his wife and kids, band mates! I feel so sorry for them!

Chester, you were my friend who were always there, even where no one was there! RIP, you will be the best!
The song One More Light will have a different meaning now!

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: ill be thinking for the poor souls who will be affected and left behind.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just terrible - I was so hoping for fake news.

I was incredibly lucky - I bought tickets for the O2 for my DH as a surprise. I hadnā€™t told him and cos he thought Iā€™d missed it, he got tickets for the Brixton Academy and so I saw Chester for the first and last time.

But I know firsthand that Depression is a terrible thing that takes hold of you and stops you from feeling and understanding that people love you and care about you. I can only imagine the pain of Chestersā€™ family.

the Guardian in the UK posted about Chester and put this info at the bottom of the article:
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255.
In the UK, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.

4 Likes

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

What is suddenly causing these people to take their own lives? Is it something in the water? Is this an even sicker version of M. Night Shyamalanā€™s The Happening being played out? I donā€™t know. I just donā€™t know anymore.

I met Chester on a Meet & Greet at the Xfinity Center (previously the Comcast Center) in 2014, and he was a great guy to be around. He spoke to me in light, casual tones as we talked about a few things, such as the hat I had bought at the merch booth that night, which was a new item just being made available starting with that show. I had hopes of seeing him again this year (although I discovered I couldnā€™t apply for M&G due to a technicality with my membership). Now I will never again know the warm, witty man I met that year. One more light has indeed gone out of the world all too soon, and it makes no sense to me why it had to happen this way.

5 Likes

My heart hurts so muchā€¦ been a fan since they startedā€¦ o was going to take my 8 yo to the concert in 3 weeks. He has been counting the daysā€¦ been crying all day and how to break this to him :frowning:

I am as I was when I heard the news about Chester, shocked and in disbelief. The tears continue to fall, as I continue to yell out loud NO. NO. NO. NO! Finding it hard to breath right now. These past few hours are like a time warp. the rest of the world continues on like normal but we are stuck in the strange time, space warp that happens right after you lose someone. I pray for his wife and family, I am so very sorry that he had so much sadness and pain inside, that it would lead to such a tragedy. LP got me through the tough endless sad and dark times after I lost my sister. RIP dear Chester, you may be gone but you will never, ever, ever be forgotten :sob:

1 Like

This is true. Its on the news here in New York. RIP Chester.

Thread is no longer needed.