Is anyone else ticked about Cincy pre-sale?

I called ground control about the seats being sold out and asked them why I am paying for a site to get the benefits when they give Stub Hub all the good tix. They told me that they try to control who gets them and any advertising of tix pre-sale was false and they just got lucky to obtain them. So are they telling me that this company is advertising specific seats for sale last week and just got lucky to obtain those specific seats the day of pre-sale? I think not! I saw posts of many others like myself sitting in front of their computer @ 10 am this morning trying to get seats and by 10:01 they were sold out. I was a member previously and never had that issue. I was furious all day and still am a little heated. I will be @ the Cincy show but I bought some somewhat decent seats in Indy. Only good thing that came out of this rage is my daughter and I will see them twice in one week. You never can get enough LP.

Where is the Cincy & Indy show at? Was it hard to get through on line to purchase tickets.
I know when I purchase the tix for their 2/23/11 show, I didn’t have a hard time to get through

Cincinnati show was a joke trying to get through and said they were sold out.

i had the same trouble as you. i was up waiting at 9am, when it hit 10 i was so pumped then it said they were sold out. so after walking around outside shouting random profanitys i came back in to try again, but still no luck. i was on my mom’s pc at the time. i have a macbook, so i thought i would try my luck on it. when i got on using my macbook the pit was sold out but i got 2 tickets for section 200 row A seat 228. this wouldnt even come up on internet explorer. My moms comp is a ver nice alienware. i think it has something to do with what kind of brower you have, because on internet exploer it wont show the seats, but on safari it will show seats. so hopefully this helps.

Ripped off in Denver too. DOes LP know whats going down here?

I woke up at 1pm still expecting pit tickets and it said sold out, Like you I went around, yelled a bit about over sleeping, but an hour later I refreshed and pit tickets were magically available. Of course I freaked out and got them, but it was a weird scenario.

I’m sorry to hear that some of you didn’t get tickets. Here are a few things to remember. Yesterday was only a presale available to members of LPU. There were limited quantities available. You’re all welcome to try again this morning, along with the people who had preordered Living Things (10AM venue time again).

A good tip is to sit and refresh your browser while trying to get tickets. When the “mad dash” happens, tickets get placed in everyone’s cart and not all people purchase at that time. Then tickets then get released and are available again.

Yeah. Guys, what Wade said is exactly true.

So that is why tickets are unavailable, then available again, then unavailable. It has nothing to do with your computer or your browser. It’s this way because we can’t sell the same ticket twice. So if someone is lucky enough to get one ticket, then decides during the check out that they don’t want it anymore, its released back into the pool. Everyone had equal chance. Some people got lucky. Some didn’t. We only get a certain allotment of tickets from each show, unfortunately. That’s completely out of our control and just depends on the venue and how much they’re willing to give us.

[quote=Adam]Yeah. Guys, what Wade said is exactly true.

So that is why tickets are unavailable, then available again, then unavailable. It has nothing to do with your computer or your browser. It’s this way because we can’t sell the same ticket twice. So if someone is lucky enough to get one ticket, then decides during the check out that they don’t want it anymore, its released back into the pool. Everyone had equal chance. Some people got lucky. Some didn’t. We only get a certain allotment of tickets from each show, unfortunately. That’s completely out of our control and just depends on the venue and how much they’re willing to give us.

It’s not them it’s the venue and ticketmaster that is selling off the tickets. Some venues sell “season tickets” to “corporate companies” so that 's how they get the tickets ahead of time.

same issue with Camden (the closest show to NYC). except for 30 minutes, the reserved seats didn’t show sold out, but always returned zero seats even if you only tried to purchase one.

at the same time, my gf and i could have gone for $400 on stubhub.

Exactly how I got my Cincy ticket. No GA tickets, refreshed, BOOM got one. Appears I’ll be at Indy as well.

Glad to hear some of you guys got what you wanted. I tried for an hour and used 3 different computers that had different browsers. lol. I was @ work. It still gets me though that this was not an issue a few years back. If you ask me I think we should have gotten special treatment after they cancelled on us last tour. lol. Still got my tix from that one. Hope to meet up with some of you pre-show. Im going to start a thread for Cincy LPU meet if you interested.

This happened for CT to. its bad enough they arent coming to NYC but then i had to sit in front of my computer to try and get tix. i went on at about 9:58 and i was able to get tix before 10 am. idk what up with the system this year but it needs some fixing.

I agree with you 100% I am going to both shows as well but I was willing to pay for better seats. They were not available and rather be locked out all together I settled for the shit seats that were left to the faithful fans here in the USA I hops they do not cancel again … as is their habit in recent history…sad but true.

I know this is a month later, but I had the same problem, and I had every pre-sale code in the book. LP’s Incubus’ Citibanks. I had 4 cps at work trying to get pit tickets! Nothing!!! I am still so heart broken I can’t think straight! Im from Kansas so I have to fly to Tx. now all the pitt tickets with scalpers are 400-600! grrrrr