How to get into M&G

Hey Everyone.
Could someone please give me some info on how the meet and greets work and how you get to attend them because if I want to go to one I will have to travel over to Australia because I see there is only 4 LPU members in New Zealand so I doubt they would even bother doing meet and greet here. So how do you apply to go to the meet and greets and how/when do you know if you get to go? because If I didn’t get into the meet and greet I would rather just buy a ticket to a concert in New Zealand and just get early entry to the show.Thanks.

You’ll never know if they’ll do a M&G in New Zealand when they play there. They usually do M&G’s at every show (or nearly all of them). They will confirm it in time…

If you’re going to attend a show, there should be a link somewhere on this site (I don’t know how it works on LPU11 exactly, they still need to update the event page) where you can confirm that you are attending the event. Starting from about a week before the event (usually 7 - 4 days in advance I think), LPUHQ will select, let’s say, somewhere in between 20 - 50 lucky LPUers that confirmed attending the show (sometimes more than that, depends on location where the event takes place). If you get selected to attend the M&G (congrats!) you’ll get a confirmation email from LPUHQ…

Hope it’s a little more clear for you now [smile]

Once the shows are announced etc u can RSVP on LP.com for that show
U have to be LPU member and u have to have a ticket for the show after that it’s just luck if u get chosen or not…

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]You’ll never know if they’ll do a M&G in New Zealand when they play there. They usually do M&G’s at every show (or nearly all of them). They will confirm it in time…

If you’re going to attend a show, there should be a link somewhere on this site (I don’t know how it works on LPU11 exactly, they still need to update the event page) where you can confirm that you are attending the event. Starting from about a week before the event (usually 7 - 4 days in advance I think), LPUHQ will select, let’s say, somewhere in between 20 - 50 lucky LPUers that confirmed attending the show (sometimes more than that, depends on location where the event takes place). If you get selected to attend the M&G (congrats!) you’ll get a confirmation email from LPUHQ…

[quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=ANVANOPPENS]You’ll never know if they’ll do a M&G in New Zealand when they play there. They usually do M&G’s at every show (or nearly all of them). They will confirm it in time…

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]You’ll never know if they’ll do a M&G in New Zealand when they play there. They usually do M&G’s at every show (or nearly all of them). They will confirm it in time…

[/quote]
Thanks! I see how it works now, I just wanted to clear that up now so I know what to do when the time comes for more shows =]

[quote=ANVANOPPENS][quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=ANVANOPPENS]You’ll never know if they’ll do a M&G in New Zealand when they play there. They usually do M&G’s at every show (or nearly all of them). They will confirm it in time…

[/quote]

LP did meet and greets and nearly every show. so i guess they will do one then too…

btw, you said everything… but 50 LPuers? xD i guess more 20-30
[/quote]
Like I said, the amount of members attending a M&G depends on where they play, a London / LA event or a Summit would have more people in a M&G than somewhere in Belgium or Luxembourg for example.

There have been single shows where they didn’t do a M&G (I don’t say it’s often, but it CAN happen), also, they changed their M&G system once (only around 10 people at a more personal M&G with 2 band members, I believe), and you’ll never know what they’re planning to do in the future.
[/quote]

Ten people isn’t what it was like these past few M&G’s. It looked more like 40+ plus the entire band to me during LPUX. If they change the format, they tend to inform LPUers.

Anyway, the most important thing is to RSVP to the right RSVP. There’s more than one RSVP thing, and only one is for the meet and greet. It’s like some accidental intelligence test or something.

I was talking about some M&G’s about 2 years ago when they changed it & many people didn’t like… I don’t think it lasted long… (I think it was around LPU8 or 9, not sure. I’m sure it was after I met them in 2008… skipped LPU9 though…)
They should make the RSVP part a little more clear I think, especially when you have their shows posted on 2 websites… (Which they haven’t done yet for RAR & RIP [confused])

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]I was talking about some M&G’s about 2 years ago when they changed it & many people didn’t like… I don’t think it lasted long… (I think it was around LPU8 or 9, not sure. I’m sure it was after I met them in 2008… skipped LPU9 though…)
They should make the RSVP part a little more clear I think, especially when you have their shows posted on 2 websites… (Which they haven’t done yet for RAR & RIP [confused])

[quote=StanleyElite][quote=ANVANOPPENS]I was talking about some M&G’s about 2 years ago when they changed it & many people didn’t like… I don’t think it lasted long… (I think it was around LPU8 or 9, not sure. I’m sure it was after I met them in 2008… skipped LPU9 though…)

[quote=ANVANOPPENS][quote=StanleyElite][quote=ANVANOPPENS]I was talking about some M&G’s about 2 years ago when they changed it & many people didn’t like… I don’t think it lasted long… (I think it was around LPU8 or 9, not sure. I’m sure it was after I met them in 2008… skipped LPU9 though…)

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]I was talking about some M&G’s about 2 years ago when they changed it & many people didn’t like… I don’t think it lasted long… (I think it was around LPU8 or 9, not sure. I’m sure it was after I met them in 2008… skipped LPU9 though…)

They might be doing some updates on the LP.com site, since there’s an actual LPU site now…

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]They might be doing some updates on the LP.com site, since there’s an actual LPU site now…

Is there a way to check If you singed up for a meet and greet? Because I am not shure If It worked when I atempted to sing up for one…

yes when you go to the sign up page again and it said “you signed up”

I’m never gonna make it to the Pinkpop M&G lol, I’m not guaranteed and I bet there will be 100 people signed up by the time LPUHQ sends out the M&G’s, if it’s not 100 already. I don’t know what the actual number is at the moment… I avoid the M&G / Events page because the entries number freaks me out. xD
Well at least I’m lucky I’m not going to Russia xD
So, who’s attending a guaranteed M&G?

Oh yes, you’re absolutely right about Russia