How old were you when you first hear LINKIN PARK?

I was 13/14 when I saw the clip of Breaking The Habit. After that I was completely hooked. Bought Meteora, loved it. Shortly afterwards I also bought Hybrid Theory and Live in Texas.

I was in my secondary educationā€¦ had 16 years old at that time.
Letā€™s say since 1999 I know them becoming a fan! And is one of my top 3 favorite bands.
And since 2009 that I donā€™t see them live!
Looking forward to seeing them in July! =)

1 Like

already in the thirties ahah

I heard Numb in the age of 6 and always turned it up on the radio :smiley: Real LP fan I became with 14 years.

I was 12 when I hear for the first time Pts. Of Athrty and I fell in love!

Ok, back in the 80ā€™s I just heard Bon Jovi, Brian Adams, Foreigner, Stryper, etc. So they were my roots in rock music but in the 90ā€™s I became a rap, hiphop and R&B listener and started to hated the 90ā€™s rock so much. One morning in 2000 when I was 19 I was preparing myself to go to college y turned on the tv and put it in MTV because they run all the music video hits. At some point they started the song crawling and as soon as I heard that sound like the air passing through a pipe I was hooked and I canā€™t barely put my eyes away from the tv. Thatā€™s when all started. I bought the cd the same day and til now I just followed them and now Iā€™m a rock follower againā€‹:joy::joy::joy:. Now I have two Kids and my daughter loves them too!!!

3 Likes

I was 7 and New Divide became my favorite song after Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. I also liked What Iā€™ve Don and Iridescent. Those movies are what got me to start listening to LINKIN PARK.

I believe I was about 11-12 - 2001ish. I heard In The End in my parents restaurant on the radio. I fell in love immediately. <3

I was 11 years old :relaxed:

I was 12 and now iā€™m almost 29

I was 12 I thinkā€¦ It was love at first sight when I saw their music video ā€œone step closerā€ haha.

Anyone remember their dvd ā€œfrat party at the pankake festivalā€?!? I dunno how many times I watched that. Plus there were some secret code you can use for extra footage

1 Like

I was 18 when I first heard one step closer and now Iā€™m 35 and still listen to them. In fact, itā€™s all Iā€™ve been listening non stop since November. Nothing else just Linkin Park lol

I was 11 years old and the first song was In the End (I had already listened to Crawling, but In the End caught me at the time).
Good times! :smile:

I think I am the oldest one here ā€¦ I am currently 47 and heard them in what must have been 2000 or 2001 ā€¦ you all can do the math ā€¦ Old :slight_smile:

Montreal will be my first show (Life got in the way) and I am very much looking forward to seeing them in person :slight_smile:

I was 12 years old, in middle school.

My guy best friend showed me the song What Iā€™ve Done. I didnā€™t think much of it, until my other friend, girl best friend, showed me Numb. I was hooked ever since. LP really helped me cope with high school. :cry:

The oldest librarian staff member in my college campus saw me wearing my Linkin Park shirt last semester and pointed out that he was a fan of the band as well. Said he had gone to like 3 of their concerts. I was like 0__0 GOALS!!

1 Like

I was 19 when I started ā€˜listeningā€™ to them. Sometime around the end of 2002 / start of 2003ā€¦ Before then, I would hear them on the radio at work, but never really paid attention (I only listened to rap back then, and wouldnā€™t even consider other music). So I completely missed out on the massive explosion that was Hybrid Theoryā€¦

But eventually, I started to gravitate toward the music I was hearing at workā€¦ The first song to get me was ā€œI Stand Aloneā€ by Godsmackā€¦ Then came ā€œLet the Bodies Hit the Floorā€. Soon after that, the flood gates openedā€¦ I still remember the first ā€œRock mixā€ CD I made in early '03ā€¦ Songs from Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, Breaking Benjamin, and Stone Sour, as well as two Linkin Park songs (In The End and Somewhere I Belong)ā€¦ At that time, those were the only two LP songs that I was even familiar with.

Then I heard Faint for the first time.

It was in that very moment that LP became my #1 music of choiceā€¦ and theyā€™ve held that spot ever since.

11, junior high, the song Crawling.

Funny thing is, I have a distinct memory of seeing the Crawling music video and changing the channel because of the screaming vocals cause it wasnā€™t my thing.

I ended up falling in love with it when I actually heard the song from start to finish.

17 in 2000ā€¦ My daughterā€™s are almost that age now. They can name every song from every album for you. They will tell youā€¦ā€œI grew up listening to lpā€. ( Iā€™m so proud of them!) :confounded:

1 Like

I was 14! Flicking through TV channels and saw live in Texas clips. I couldnā€™t believe I hadnā€™t ever heard their music before! Been obsessed every since :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like