How did you get to know LP for the first time?

Heard Somewhere I Belong on the radio back in 2003, it had just come out…I was only 11. When I got home I just rushed to the computer to look them up and I found the Hybrid Theory songs on YouTube and I was just astonished by how amazing they were. A couple of months later I bought Hybrid Theory, my first cd ever, which I loved very very much and I still do, after having the whole collection and having listened to all of their amazing songs, I gotta say that’s still my favorite. :heart:

1 Like

I first listened to LP at my cousin’s house
My cousin was listening Faint
I loved it so much

It was 2011. A friend showed me Waiting for the End. Or at least a snippet of it. Then, a few months later, I heard Breaking the Habit on an AMV. It became my favorite song. Then I heard Numb, and so on. Now, I am a Megafan of Linkin Park. Ask me anything about LP, I will 80% know the answer. The reason being, the only LPU album I have is 12. But I’ve heard QWERTY.

Twilights - Leave it all the rest

1 Like

I was stunned by the video/sound/lyrics to crawling and then got the album first album I bought

I was twelve or thirteen when ‘In The End’ had just debuted on our local hit music station in 2001. The piano loop really pulled me in, and it had a continual build-up of energy until it faded back out to piano. Needless to say, it paved the way for the kind of music I listen to today when I received ‘Hybrid Theory’ as a gift that Christmas.

I was in middle school and in a van on my way to Tennessee with a youth convention and my friend was listening to his Walkman (yes I said Walkman). I asked what he was listening to and he put the headphones on my head. It was “One Step Closer” and I was instantly hooked. I listened to “One Step Closer” and “Crawling” the rest of the trip. I’ve been a fan of theirs from their beginning.

1 Like

a friend of mine made me listen numb and since then has started a love that lasts for 10 years

1 Like

Twilights
Soundtrack captured me more than the movie itself.

1 Like

I liked songs like Numb or Breaking the Habit since I was a child, but I was never curious about the band. It all started when I saw Castle of Glass on local music television. I became a Soldier soon after :wink:

Saw the crawling music video and just loved the sound then I saw the other released videos and the rest is 15 years of LP Love

Thanks for my cousin, she had the hybrid theory album, and for that now i’m a fan

i was looking MTV xD and there was In The End video, in every list , every top!! and i love it =D ! since then i love LP n.n <3

My friends older brother had a burned cd with pre-hybrid theory stuff on it and I swiped it off him!

LP music is the magnet, we are the nails…
you watch one clip, listen to one song, DONE!!!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

happened to me 18 years ago or so…
34 now and still on the magnet!

3 Likes

I remember listening to Numb/Encore, In The End, and Breaking The Habit a lot in middle school. I was reintroduced to them recently because some of their songs were on sale in iTunes. I looked up more of their music on YouTube and have been hooked ever since :smiley:

1 Like

I just heard Breaking The Habit in the Internet and really liked the song. One of my best friends heard this song(he had been a LP fan for a long time ) and showed me some videos (In The End, Bleed It Out, Somewhere I Belong). So I became a big fan of LP:))

1 Like

15 years old, saw pprkt on TV and almost cried…
around 2 years later i bought their Meteora upon release and i still remember going through their lyrics song by song on my teenager bed!

i don’t miss those times btw hardcore fans…
i am so proud of where they are today and the journey we shared!!

1 Like

I was 17 years old, sat on the backseat in the car of a friend and he played the CD “Hybrid Theorie” and I thought to myself “Hey, that sounds so cool! I have to have this CD!” Then somewhat later I’ve seen the Video to “One step closer” on VIVA (German TV Station) an I thought to me “As for God’s sake, how did they get chester on the ceiling? And it’s not hard to sing upside down?” In those days i was so nice stupid :joy: So young, so naive and so long time ago :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I was like 8 years old and I overheard my brother listening to one of their songs (It probably was In the End, Crawling or Numb) and though I didn’t understand english at that time I thought it was really good, so I started listening to some of their songs (I remember I used to play an online game called Urban Rivals while listening to those songs). And as I grew up and learned more english I started listening to more and more of their music.

1 Like