Hey :) I'm new here

Awesome, but isn’t it nitrogen as the air reacts with the fat and makes them taste like crap over time? And wouldn’t the gas in the bag be considered passive?

Thanks to all! :smiley:

3 Likes

Ouh! I have a very serious, very pertinent question… and be assured that this is the biggest answer you give on the LPU! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: so here it is…

[spoiler]Whata your favorite Pokémon? :thinking::joy:[/spoiler]

2 Likes

Agumon jajaja

Hey @millerraven welcome to this awesome and crazy place called forum family :hugs:

First of all… Why is the question blured? :smiley: (It was a little bit hard to read… but I hope I read it correct)
My favorite Pokémon would be Mega-Absol

Sorry :grimacing: I was just trying to build suspense like it would be a very serious question :sweat_smile:
I saw your profile and figured I could ask :crazy_face:

Oh okay. No problem, I just thought I have some problems or so. :smiley:
And yeah, I’m kinda into Pokémon. :smiley: What yours? (If you have one)

:joy: no…the one with the problems (in here :exploding_head:) is me :joy:… uuuusually don’t take me seriously :grimacing:

Uhhh…the game I played the most was the ruby/sapphire versions so Blaziken kind of grew on me the most besides the og Pokémon :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But… I take everyone and everythink serously! :stuck_out_tongue:
Hey, Absol comes from the 3rd Gen (Ruby/Sapphire)

Welcome to the LPU - have a good time hanging around :blush:

1 Like

You read it through the blur? You’re supposed to click on it to reveal it. :joy:

1 Like

Oh… I didn’t know that! :smiley: Thanks, now I’ll know it for the next time.

1 Like

totally forgot to answer this question :joy:

Oxygen is the problem here. It speeds the oxidation of lipids (which can make them taste and smell bad). Nitrogen or carbon dioxide are the most used gases in the modified atmosphere packages. What do you mean by passive? It’s not harmful to human’s health but can prevent lipid oxidation which can be harmful.

2 Likes

Passive as in you stick the gas in and that’s it, active would imply a sense of ‘adaptation’ for lack of a better word. It can be better explained with an example. For instance, noise cancelling headphones (the gimmick that they are). You can have passive ones in which the ear cups are just packed with sound deadening material and you can have active ones which have actual circuitry that tries to eliminate the sound.

Well, I’ve been too lost from forums, I welcome all newbies and hope y’all have a good time in here! Much love to all! :two_hearts:

1 Like

I am another scientist but from Bulgaria. Seems LP helps in writing Ph.D. thesis all over the world :wink:
I create new types of fruits and it’s kind of nice knowing that this way I help the hungry.

1 Like

Hey, didn’t think I’d see a fellow here. I’m from Bulgaria as well, but I live in the UK.

1 Like

Of course you will see, Bulgaria is more than чалга. And Linkin Park’s influence has always been substantial. I remember great parties and dancing on “In The End” and “One Step Closer” in one iconic club/pub in Plovdiv called “No Sense”.
And may be, we can start a new topic and try to find more people from our country …??? Just to say thank you Linkin Park, and thank you Mike for keep working.

1 Like

That’s very interesting work!
Good luck :smiley:

1 Like

Nitrogen is a pretty inert gas so it does not react to the food itself, so it’s active per say.

1 Like