Grey Daze ‘Soul Song’

Hi everyone!

Grey Daze released a new song yesterday called ‘Soul Song’, it’s a beautiful song, and the video was directed by Chester’s son, Jaime Bennington.
The video is just hauntingly beautiful, the moment where he turns around and his father is almost behind him. Oh my days! :sob:

What are people’s thoughts?

11 Likes

This is my favorite song of this album. I love it. And Jaime made a really good job on the video. Really full of love and respect for his father.

3 Likes

Hi @magaponk!

Welcome to the community :wave:

I love this song! His voice is great, overwhelming and touching my soul like the name says. The band created a wonderful sensible background for his powerful voice and together it’s unbelievable good. I also like the video, Jaime did it very good, strong pictures and feelings, I had to cry.
The only thing that I was sad about was that I can’t hear Jaime.

3 Likes

I actually like this one, it’s the only one so far I’ve listened to more than once.

2 Likes

They’re doing really good with renewing these songs and this is another good example. Not my favourite video as I prefer Sometimes, but it’s beautifully shot and nice that Chester’s son could be part of creating this (he either sounds a lot like him or is just a slight backing singer). Chester would be proud

1 Like

This song is so nice… very emotional… :heart:

2 Likes

Haunting song, haunting beautiful sensitive and powerful voice. LP fans miss you so much Chester. Thanks Jaime for this art of work. French LP fan forever. Hugs to all LP fans, Mike Shinoda fans, please take care and stay saf from th corona.

4 Likes

I find it beautiful, the video as well.
I think it is my favourite song by them. The lyrics, the music, Chester’s voice as he sings “his melody opens up the sun”, i’m getting chills. I love that song.

3 Likes

1:27 When you see the frames on the wall and then Jamie is in bed.

I immediately thought of Somewhere i belong. The music video. Chester falls into bed and then also the wall hanging above his bed.

3 Likes

Love that song…its so beautiful :heart:

3 Likes

I don’t think this needs a new thread (although somebody will probably create one anyway) but new Grey Daze song is out and I don’t really care if some LP fans don’t like one of their members, this song is very relevant and what they’ve all done to make this sound so much better is commendable. Chester would be proud to be part of this.

5 Likes

The Amends album is streaming in full. I watched it right before I came into the forum. It’s great! You’ll love it!

2 Likes
  1. I probably can’t be objective because it’s Chester.
  2. I’d like to hear the 90’s versions of the songs to have an idea how much the remastering is far from the original (EDIT: I’ve found on yt)
  3. I wonder if the album is gonna be widely advertised and available or just addressed to the LP fans, if anyone else than us will care about it.
  4. B12 - the recitation that repeats remind me of Billy Joel ‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’
  5. I’m buying it.
4 Likes

I always miss the listening events somehow! Nevermind. I’ll look forward to listening when it comes out :+1:

There seems to be quite a few new fans listening because of an interest in Chester, and it seems to be advertised a lot (magazines, radio, shopping stores) so people will be aware. Whether people will buy it maybe more old school fans who like this sound and of course Chester’s fans everywhere!

3 Likes

@michael295 hey did you get the B12 download? I managed to get it this time but missed the Sometimes download as never got the email. Let me know if you got Sometimes and can share it?

1 Like

I don’t want them to ever stop uploading their songs… it brings joy and keep the LP’s vibe alive :laughing:

2 Likes

I didn’t download any of the songs so I don’t have any to share. So sorry.

2 Likes

@zanybelle There is an ‘Amends’ listening party tomorrow 25 June at 1pm EST. You said you always miss them so I’m giving you a heads up. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! Managed to listen :grinning:

1 Like