Grey Daze interview just posted on Website

Did anyone else catch this very big statement Sean made in the interview about the new Grey Daze album? The statement was made regarding the call between him and Chester when deciding to start re- recording grey daze music? He stated that Chester planned on leaving Linkin Park, but still wanted to make music so that’s why they were going to do a show… Im not quoting his exact words obviously but… WTF?? Since when was Chester ever planning on leaving LP? Did anyone else happen to catch this? Why would he say that?

1 Like

Which interview did you see?

As is the case with every other project Chester’s been involved with (Dead By Sunrise, STP etc), everything was revolved around Linkin Park’s studio and/or touring schedule. Chester always managed to find time in his life for both LP, and whatever other projects were going on in his life. The same could be said for the rest of LP, too.

1 Like

I get that. But I’ve seen several of the interviews Sean has done for the album and this is the only one where hes actually made it sound like Chester was planning on leaving LP. Did you read the article that was just posted on the LPU website?

I don’t see anything?

But like @LP13413 said, Chester always found the time, like Mike did.

2 Likes

We can’t believe anything, no one knows now. And of course this person would say this or that. Or probably something to get attention.

4 Likes

Agree with residential bunny :rabbit: and- it doesn’t make ANY sense to speculate about this

Edit: I changed the title of the thread- it was irritating before imo

4 Likes

I misspoke b4 it’s on the lpfan club worldwide website. This is the part.
Screenshot_20200312-104525_Samsung Internet

1 Like

I agree and I didnt mean to make it appear that was what I was doing. It just caught me off gaurd.

Can you post a direct link to that article?

1 Like

Well, watch the interview before speculation as disinformation is a dangerous thing! I may be inclined to believe that perhaps Chester said he wanted to take a break from Linkin Park and go back to his older sound as I truly don’t believe OML represented him. He was a very genuine person and a lot of OML felt disingenuous. However, he would never have closed the door if he had continued with music as Linkin Park meant too much to him.

1 Like

Zanybelle… I very much agree. And again I truly didnt mean to make it seem like I was trying to make a thing out of what I noticed I just wanted to see if anyone else happen to take notice of it as well. I’ll try and post the link, yes.

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the interview. I’m not sure if they’ve quoted him correctly as the sentence doesn’t read right with the rest of the paragraph to me. Perhaps he meant “leave at the end of OML tour” rather than “Linkin Park”? Also, I’m sure the interviewer would have asked a follow up question if this comment was true! Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Very true. They probably would have asked something in response to that. Dont these people proof read their stuff before making it public anymore? I mean if a statement like that would have been printed in an interview about Chester let’s say even just like a year ago… it could have gotten ugly. Just w/all the moronic conspiracy theorists and other random over dramatic trolls on social media looking to start something in order to go viral and have their 15 min of getting noticed. But putting that aside, …I’m really excited for the amends album to come out though. The songs they’ve released so far sound really really good. It would be nice to hear what the guys in LP think about the album. I’m kinda surprised Mike hasn’t mentioned anything about it. I’m sure there are a million reasons why the guys haven’t “gone there” yet. Being extremely hard for them to do so I’m sure is one of them.

2 Likes

Yes I’m sure the interviewer would have been like “What, he was planning on leaving?!” etc. I’ve really appreciated “Sickness” the more I’ve listened to it as they made it so much better than the original (some terrible instrumentals before). I prefer this Grey Daze sound to OML, not only for the vocals but I felt like they put a huge amount of effort to do Chester justice, which sadly OML did not. I’m looking forward to hearing the album!

1 Like

Thanks indeed @sweetcheex9cs for sharing!

It’s not too far fetched to think he wanted to leave. Remember these tweets?

2 Likes

I had not seen these before. Kinda hurts my heart thinking of any kind of solo work he could have came out with that we never got to hear. Im sure it would have been beyond amazing.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that tweets says he’d leave Linkin Park? Although, I do agree OML didn’t represent Chester and despite him defending it, there was definitely a disconnect so I wouldn’t be surprised if he had taken a break until Linkin Park reclaimed their original sound.

2 Likes

Someone confronted Sean about this and he said that they misquoted him. What was supposed to be said was that he had to wait for some time once the LP tour was over

3 Likes

Thanx @kricket9576 I though it may be a misquoting and ofc :sunny:welcome to the family :blush:

1 Like