General question about LA (Hollywood Bowl)

This will be my first time in LA. I’m flying into LAX mid afternoon, checking into my hotel which is in El Segundo. According to mapquest, the Hollywood Bowl is 13 miles from my hotel. However, I’m being told by the hotel that I could be facing about 1 to 1.5 hour drive due to traffic!?! For anyone familiar with LA in general, can you confirm this? Is there anything else I should know logistics wise about this venue? I plan to use Uber to and from the hotel.

Yes, it’s true. Unfortunately, LA traffic can be pretty bad especially on a Friday night. Better safe than sorry.

I have had from friends that la traffic is really bad on Friday too. I hed that if u go early u should be okey

So the concert starts at 7:30. If we want to be there no later than 6:30, should we try to leave El Segundo by 5:00?

I would try and catch a shuttle or do the park and ride. Here’s a link for your options:
https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/performance/getting-to-the-bowl/209506/overview

1 Like

Wow…Hollywood Bowl staff are saying the drive from the Westwood shuttle to the Hollywood Bowl is an hour drive. It’s a 9 mile distance but it still takes an hour!

Leaving about 5 would be good whether you take the shuttle or uber. I just went to Depeche Mode last wk & it took me 2hrs to get there. At least if you get there early there’s lots to look at & walk around.

Thanks for the help! We got back home last night. Concert was great! Really glad I had the chance to go!

Glad we could help👍

1 Like

I love your gifts u got i hope u injoy them

This little bracelet was in all the seats upon arrival. It lit up in different colors in 3 different songs throughout the concert. So this was free as part of the concert. I tried to actually purchase merchandise but the lines of people were crazy long!

This artist was painting this leading up to the concert. This was set up after you entered the Hollywood Bowl and before the actual stadium seating.

3 Likes