Friend requests

Hi everybody!

I just have a little question what’s that really all about.
Maybe I’m a little bit old-fashioned, but in my early internet-community-years (yes, that’s really long time ago [smile]) we didn’t request for friendship that fast. (Even if it’s getting much faster than in “real life”, too g). Are there people here going through this site, clicking around and just request everyone that has a nice avatar? Or do they really like what they read in blogs or posts of the person they request? Although I can’t find any comment. Or do they just want to earn points?

Most of the LPUers I get requests from I saw at forums, sometimes it’s just the common thing of being from Germany. And when there’s someone I didn’t noticed until this request I’m looking at the profile to find out, who’s this person, if we got something in common or if I can imagine of the way this person comes to the point to send this request to me.
But sometimes I get requests I really don’t understand why. And then (unfortunately?) I’m not one of the kind to approve just to get points or something. In this case I have to deny.

Is that ok or am I just too critical with those friendships here? Like we’re all one family here? But in this case the function of a friends-list would be useless [wink]
Just would like to know your opinion.

Greets
Ann

Yeah, you’re right.
It’s gettin’ really fast and I also feel like some people only do this because of the points.

Well, yeah we’re all a family and I approve everyone’s request. Sometimes I think: ‘yeah, maybe they wanna get to know you’ or something. Often it’s not the case, lol.
But however, I’ll approve the requests anyway (though it’s a little weird and stupid and makin’ a friendlist useless) 'cause for me we are a family. And I don’t need a friendlist to know who my real friends (here and everywhere else) are :wink:
But I understand everyone who has different opinions about that.

i don’t mind to have 10000000 friend request, its nice to have friends around, actually we are here in LPU to know more funs around the world, learn new cultures ect…
it will not harms you if you have 1000000 friend request, and personally i don’t care about points, its already useless, you need ages to get 3000 point, this is business, the website will not give you something free just like this, they do count everything, and in the end be sure they do benefit more than what you think, but we pay the 25$ or the 60$ to chat with the band or to know ppl who love the band, and thats it.
its my first time here in LPU and i had friend request from ppl i don’t know and i was happy, its nice to know new ppl [smile], if in Facebook okay, i may say yeh you are right maybe you have some private stuff you don’t like to share it with anyone, but here its clear we are in LPU to be with the band+know/meet new ppl :slight_smile: .
Peace.

A bit of everything…i lik what i read or the avatar is interesting both!!!Or i read something in a forum and like what these people have to say…So…how i should get friends otherwise here? XD

I guess partially (or mb even mostly) it has something to do with this piece of news =)
This points store urged ppl forward to add each other to friends, hasn’t affected my amount of friends though…yet :slight_smile:

I dont mind it much personally, I mean I have some people I’ve made pretty good friends with (Vlad included) here in the LPU. I’ll accept, If you wanna talk, I’m only a PM or Chat away xD

[quote=Woco21] I have some people I’ve made pretty good friends with (Vlad included) here in the LPU.
[/quote]
Likewise BRO^_____^ LPUXXX FTW!!! ))))

[quote=LPsSue]Yeah, you’re right.
It’s gettin’ really fast and I also feel like some people only do this because of the points.

Well, yeah we’re all a family and I approve everyone’s request. Sometimes I think: ‘yeah, maybe they wanna get to know you’ or something. Often it’s not the case, lol.
But however, I’ll approve the requests anyway (though it’s a little weird and stupid and makin’ a friendlist useless) 'cause for me we are a family. And I don’t need a friendlist to know who my real friends (here and everywhere else) are :wink:
But I understand everyone who has different opinions about that.
[/quote]
Yeah I think the same

Yes I approve all of them!! I agree I get loads but I think we are all one big community so why not accept!! :))

Hm…as I said. If we’re all friends because we’re all part of the LPU then to have a friend-list is useless. At last every LPUer has to be on the list of every LPUer [wink] So in reverse you don’t have to make a list, when all people that are in the LPU are your friend anyway. Hm…hope it’s clear what I mean. [lol]

I get your point. Didn’t thought of it in that way… Sure I accept everyone that request me, because we all have at least one thing in common, maybe more. So why not!

And like it’s been said, it’s not like facebook (where I only accept people I know and I care about). But if we’re to accept everyone… yeah, what’s the point in making a friend list? Well I guess there’s no point at all! But we keep doing it :slight_smile:

[quote=NorthernFan]I get your point. Didn’t thought of it in that way… Sure I accept everyone that request me, because we all have at least one thing in common, maybe more. So why not!

And like it’s been said, it’s not like facebook (where I only accept people I know and I care about). But if we’re to accept everyone… yeah, what’s the point in making a friend list? Well I guess there’s no point at all! But we keep doing it :)[/quote]

Yeah, maybe I just should be more open-minded [smile]

I like having many friends here, because we all love the same, Linkin Park, so we’re like a big family!
And you never know if one of those requesters could become really important to you… so why not approve? :))

Hm…as I said. If we’re all friends because we’re all part of the LPU then to have a friend-list is useless. At last every LPUer has to be on the list of every LPUer [wink] So in reverse you don’t have to make a list, when all people that are in the LPU are your friend anyway. Hm…hope it’s clear what I mean. [lol]

I get many friend requests, but I am fine with it, cause probably 90% of the people who are adding me are people I have talked to on LPU chat or in real live at least once. I guess the LPU profile is something that I use to keep in touch with the LPUers and some friends I got through LPU, therefor I do not care how many people are adding me. I simply do not give out personal information that I would not want to share in real life. Plus for me personally, it makes a huge difference between a friendship on LPU (closed community) and Facebook for instance. It’s just like twitter… I do not care who is following me, I am not giving out my address or anything there anyway :wink:

Anyone who loves Linkin Park is a friend of mine.

I’am happy, if somebody send a friend request. And I don’t care, why people add me. It’s a kindly act, so I like it:) For myself I can say, that I do add other people, if i read something in the forum that I like. And before that, I take a look on the profile, to inform a little bit about that person.
It’s not a problem to have too many people in my friends list. Because I don’t look in that list and choose somebody, who I can send a message or something. For me, the “meeting point” is the forum.

I dont really mind. Like someone said earlier, when its Facebook its different, because you may have personal things you want to keep private, and if some random person adds you its kinda weird, if you dont know if you have something in common. But here we have atleast 1 thing in common, loving LP.

It may seem wierd in the real world,but the internet isnt the real world.I have had requests from 13yr old girls & 60yr old men,with every thing in btween.Usualy its because of yr profile or a blog,and haveing common interests not just linkinpark.I message several regularly,just to say hi & see how the otherside of the world is.I say bring it on,but maybe the new points thing has got people active might not be a bad thing.W:-)

[quote=michazyee]I dont really mind. Like someone said earlier, when its Facebook its different, because you may have personal things you want to keep private, and if some random person adds you its kinda weird, if you dont know if you have something in common. But here we have atleast 1 thing in common, loving LP.
[/quote]
that is a good point :slight_smile: