Forum Tools (For our new siblings)

The migration happened a while back, it’s just all broken.

1 Like

@jFar920 if you could do that it would be great. I don’t know if you get many new users considering the status of the band, and I realise I’m a bit late to the ‘party’, however, lots of fans out there still very much part of the LP family and/or looking for support and to share their love of the music. Thanks.

I guess the way I phrased it could have been different, but I remember an email going out in the last couple months mentioning further migration regarding the forum. The forum was never really migrated, just sort of severed from the main site

I never got that email (more broken-ness from the last migration), though, nw I’m concerned that the forum’s just going to deteriorate if the migration is ongoing. Though that would probably explain it crashing chrome all the time and even crashing my laptop.

Any luck? I hope they will fix it. I did exactly what @the_termin8r said, still the same D for logo. :unamused:

1 Like

Lmao :rofl: I wonder if that’s what @justinkilmer was going to tell you :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: It’s quite possible

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything back since the initial email and haven’t seen any changes unfortunately

I posted my comment later then his reaction. So I think not… :thinking: but maybe… i don’t know… :slightly_smiling_face: @justinkilmer keeping his mouth shut :zipper_mouth_face:
We will find out what it is he wants to say :smirk: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

This likely means the return of changing your profile picture. I’m a bit worried about how this is going to handle new users that joined the forum after they slip temporary

3 Likes

So they’re basically going back to the old system. So much for their much-hyped separation of platforms.

I know they wanted to separate LP.com and LPU.com but I don’t think separating the forum was ever intentional or long term

And? Your prognosis?
Will this be an unnoticed, easy switch?

Not sure as of yet. My guess is that some people will end up getting locked out of accounts or something else will break. Or it’ll be on the same system as the main site where you have to log in every other day. Something will definitely go wrong, but I don’t know what and how badly.

EDIT: Avatars will probably still be broken.

2 Likes

Out of likes, so lol

Yes they are unfortunately :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t think anything has even happened yet.

1 Like

Well, it did let me log in direct from the LPU. Usually it asks you to log into the forum again. Otherwise it didn’t do anything whizzy. That’s what no advertising gets you.

I haven’t been asked to log back in today.

1 Like

I’m afraid to log out on my phone and test it. I’ll probably wait until I’m home and go incognito and log in from there