For the petrolheads

Wow that is one beautiful car

It’s not bad. This is only the baby McLaren.

So today I came across another Tesla dealership and sat in the model S for the third time, and again, it was way too cramped and my head was against the roof. This time I took a picture.

This is a £100K Tesla model S, notice where my knees are in relation to the seat in front (height wise) and just how little I can actually capture in the frame. Also look at how close my legs are to the camera (and how close together they are) and how I can almost see the top of the seat

Now this is our ~£28K (we bought it second hand for £9K) Mk3 Citroen C5. Look at the difference in the position of my legs and how much more you can see in the frame. My lags are far apart, I’ve got room to stick my feet under the front seat, you can see less of the seat in the pic.
https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/linkinpark/optimized/3X/d/7/d79db4c8c1d672b963dcf09f09d5f2a4805d11b6_1_690x387.jpg

I also sat in the back of the new revolting model X SUV. That was even worse. My head was actually higher than the roof line of the back and would have been in the small alcove where the glass roof of the gullwing door is (I can’t explain it properly so see the pics below [not mine btw]). The only good thing about it was that it was easy to get out of.

Right, it’s that time again. We have another courtesy car and this time it’s a Peugeot 2008 (that’s the model not the year).

Not at all a good car. It’s small,cheaply made (the car costs between £16k and £20k), the suspension isn’t great and then there’s just a bunch of small niggles. Like for instance the seat adjustability, if you want to adjust the angle of the backrest you can’t adjust it freely over a given amount of degrees, it’s in a series of steps; if you go too far back you have to pull it back up by hand because it isn’t spring loaded (or they are very weak springs).

The one we have also seems to have something not fitted properly under the dash as at a certain rev range the vibrations cause it to resonate and buzz. The car is literally brand new and hasn’t been built properly.

And yet, believe it or not, the back was more comfortable to sit in than the £100K Tesla.

Overall not that good a car.

1 Like

Me and my family had to use a Citroen Picasso, both that and Peugeot are some of the worst.

Which sort of Picasso? Also we have a Citroen C5 (mk 3 with the hydraulic suspension). And it’s a good car.

The Xara Picasso (or whoever it is called)
And the old C4 Picasso.

One of these but in red.

And One of these in blue

The xara Picasso is rubbish. Can’t speak for the C4 grand.

I know.

Right now, we have a Ford Kuga, much much better than Citroen!

1 Like

I know a word for them both, atrocious and that goes to really 99% of all Citroens.
I mean, I thought the Picassos were bad enough but the Citroen Cactus made me sick, it’s that bad. A thing that should not been created!

2 Likes

LOL, we’ve had a cactus a few times, I’m telling you now the 2008 is worse. You should get in a C5 and see that it is a proper car. It will destroy the Kuga you have, especially in comfort. The Cactus and 2008 and all small cars like that feel like they’ve been made out of old drinks cans. The doors are paper thin and feel like they’ll break, you can hear all sorts of squeaks and rattles, and you actually feel unsafe while riding around. With the C5 you know you’re surrounded by thick metal, it’s a more solid car. Not too reliable though.

The Toyota Aygo we were given was bloody terrifying to drive around in. The worst we have had that is considered a decent car was by far the Citroen DS4 (the current one). I usually report on what courtesy cars we’re given so it’s probably somewhere higher up in this thread.

2 Likes

This
Oh, and Nissan Quashkai 2014 seems to be quite big but inside… hatch is the only way to keep my head streight

1 Like

I hate pseudo SUVs. The cactus seems like it might be a decent car on the outside, the 2008 too, but inside it feels like sitting in a lunchbox. Still both the cactus and the 2008 prove that the Tesla model S has absolutely zero excuse for its appalling rear seating position.

Me and my family had to have a Citroen C1 a few years ago, like in 2007/2008. Had some of the most uncomfortable drives EVER!

I quite like the Ford Kuga, a really nice car. Certainly helps my dad as he has a lot of back problems. It all depends on peoples’ taste in cars.

We were given a 107 which is the exact same car as the old aygo and the C1. Pretty bad, the seats were tiny. It was very easy to get in and out of though. The 2008 is a nightmare in that sense. Also our C5 isn’t that great either, clambering out of the back is a bit awkward at times, but that’s something I’m willing to put up with. Your dad probably wouldn’t like it in that aspect.

1 Like

Oh and speaking of car sizes… I’m not sure if @raz7 has seen this so… this is me , my mom and VW Polo
https://forums.lpunderground.com/uploads/short-url/blNzeK3q621B4tvR2k1YvUqvBex.JPG

1 Like

I’ve seen that before! :+1:

1 Like

Actually, if we could, we would swap the Ford Kuga for the Ford Edge! Or even the Ford Raptor pick up!