For the petrolheads

It’s like that over here too. Really annoying :confused:

Like in Kensington?

Yeah, and places like Hampstead Heath or just past Swiss Cottage

I think I haven’t been there, not sure, but first time I drove through Kensington I was like where the hell am I?

It’s not like I don’t see such cars once in a while here and there but yesterday just blew me off… seeing that 99% of the population hee complains about being poor. Guess not…

Central London and the surrounding areas are usually sprawling with supercars. Every time I go there I see no less than a dozen awesome cars. I once saw to Jag E types and two SLR Mclaren Mercs on the same day in completely different locations.

Am I the only one who thinks that McLaren are just trolling the rest of the automotive world?

They made the F1 to show what they are capable of.

Then they made the SLR with Mercedes because Mercedes (an automotive giant came to them for help)

Then much later came the Ferrari 458 and McLaren made the 12C just to put Ferrari in their place. Then Ferrari tried to get back with the 458 Speciale and the 488 but Mclaren just slammed them down with the 650 and 675. Then they realised that they had to yet troll Lamborghini so they built the 570 to humiliate the Huracan :laughing: as for the P1 that was built to show that they haven’t lost their edge (and to be among the first to develop the hybrid technology for supercars).

They still haven’t even come close to building something like the F1 though. With the F1 they were ahead of everyone including themselves in terms of engineering and achievement.

They were:
11 years ahead of Bugatti (Veyron)
17 years ahead of Hennessey (Venom)
10 years ahead of Koenigsegg (CCR)
12 years ahead of SSC (Ultimate aero)

They are 22 years ahead of:
Themselves
Ford
Jag
Pagani (not counting the non road legal Zonda R)
Mercedes
Porsche
Ferrari
Maserati
And anyone else left that hasn’t beaten them yet.

hey Rob, doing sm statistical assignment, greatwork btw…lol ya pertrol-head @the_termin8r

No, I’m not, it was earlier this year, why?

the post above seemed to be like a lil one, real accurate, your style…lol :grinning: hows the weather IN the Kingdom? @the_termin8r
[ where did the one left to? lol funny thing this lpu, agree? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sunny, clear skies. :confused: I hate sun.

Yes I know, what is like a slight smile? Snow or rain? fog? Thunderstorm???

That’s a big smile. A slight smile would be gloomy.

One of my all time fav tv shows’s Knight Rider and fav car

http://www.nicbblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/KITT-Car-Knightrider.jpg

Our car’s in for repair because apparently a pipe/ tube for the air con burst and the ac ins’t working. So we have a courtesy car. It’s a Citroen C4 Cactus (again) and from the outside it looks decent but inside it’s like riding around in a lunch box. The suspension is ok though. My dad says that the steering keeps trying to fight him in the bends (even really slow ones on normal roads).

It’s not as big as it looks, it’s about Golf sized.

Oh my! The first time I saw one of these I was like WTF is this rubber thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you mean the panels on the door? If so then nothing, they’re there for ‘styling’ and they’re actually made of cheap plastic and are hollow.

I thought, the car manufacturers made some plastic parts to spare pedestrians a couple of bones :smile:

Yeap, I thought it looked really funny and rubbery…

I have seen a few of these pass by on the road. What hideous things they are. They somehow remind me of a toad with lots of boils on the sides.