Five-minute look inside the studio writing process

I rather have them write songs like this, all by themselves… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“Ghostwriting” involves writers who don’t get credited, with (usually) the performers instead receiving full credit for writing. It involves deceit.

Which is exactly what LP is doing right now.

Dear @Mike, you’re no longer an emcee if someone else writes your lines. - :frowning:

Sad but true…

1 Like

I hope they don’t stick to this method past this album :confused: Or I hope that they only do it for a song or two (which probs isn’t the case).

1 Like

guys relax! we still know little about the involvement of John Green and other collaborators. In this video however we can clearly see a collaborative process, so don’t draw any conclusions on ghostwriting yet.

I feel like it’s being a bit overreacted about the other guy. I don’t really like the idea, but it could be worse. I really don’t like the fan lyrics idea though. I know a lot of people can come up with great lyrics, including a good number of people on the forums, but I feel like they should keep it to their own ideas. This other guy could just be improving upon the band’s own ideas for all we know

1 Like

No, that’s a totally ridiculous thing to claim. They band are being nothing but open about the fact that there are other artists working with them on the writing process. Not only did Shinoda announce this earlier as part of a newsletter sent to all the fans, but, now, they’ve shared a five-minute video on their official Facebook page that gives us a glimpse of the band members developing ideas.

It would be ghostwriting if the band claimed to have written an album or song all by themselves but, then, it turned out later that they lied, and that someone else actually wrote the majority of it while the band took all the credit. Again, that would be deceitful, fraudulent and probably ethically indefensible. But there are zero signs that the band is doing that, unless, without any basis, you just flatly refuse to believe any of what the band is showing you.

EDIT: to be even clearer, imagine if it turned out that Don Gilmore and some anonymous Warner Bros.-hired writers were responsible for LP’s entire debut album which you love so much, and that everyone involved conspired to hide the truth to maintain an image - something which, as others have noted, Shinoda says people accused the band of doing. That would be ghostwriting.

1 Like

I never said he didn’t mention there are other people in the studio writing. I’ve known that for a long time now (before the email or the FB thingie), my point is that, like they’ve done before, they won’t credit the other people. Why? I don’t know. It’s their problem, I’m just saying I don’t like this approach.

As for HT (which I personally don’t consider the great album everyone says it is), or any other album of theirs, I would definitely be disappointed but it’s not the end of the world. I’d just rather have them say it out loud than call it “help”.

Really? And HT?

Yeah, it’s been done before. One time was recent too (not exactly LP related but…).

You mean the feat. Steve Aoki one? Oh, I get you. Fort Minor’s Welcome, Mike completely kicked Ryu out of it. And after that, he made it seem that FM was 100% Mike all along.

That one too yeah. It pissed me off so freaking much, still waiting to see what he’ll do with the remix.

So which one were you thinking of at first?

Can’t say much but it was during the ATS era.

I still have no idea what else there is in that era.

omg how boring is ya life [right word?!] if we start to rumor and phantasize on, where will it arrive at? Mike has the reins, he is responsible and ME give a 1000% trust in his decisions…lol, looking fwd for next lifestream, on twitter he already told the crowd, that he has own words…he´s adorable awefull :man:

We’re just making conversation. Mike and the band can and will do whatever they want.

thanx for ya explanation lol :yum: [ot did I choose the right word?]

The next album should involve bunnies and cookies. And unicorn poop.