First LP Concert...can I get some thoughts?

I’m very excited because I bought GA tickets for my first LP concert today and signed up for the Meet & Greet; however, after reading the forums it sounds like you have to choose between the Meet & Greet or the early entry. I need some help…what is more important; the Meet & Greet or the chance to be up front when LP is on stage? Any thoughts…?

If you have never met LP and it’s a high priority I’d say the meet and greet is the thing you want to go to of course. BUT if you want to be up close to the action and don’t want to weave your way to the front then of course don’t sign up for the M&G. Hope you have a good time!

i’m actually in the same situation, but i’ve decided I’m going to get seats and go to the m&g. Meeting the guys is WAY more important to me than just simply being in front on floors.

you just have to choose! :slight_smile: We can’t say what is more important thing to you

I’d always go for the M&G first and then early entry at another concert. :slight_smile:

If it’s your first time go to the m&g. you can still make it to the front afterwards. But you can’t go to the front and meet them afterwards so stick to the m&g. It’s awesome to meet them and shake hands and and and…

I’d say go with the m/g. It is a once in a life time opportunity to meet the guys…and you can always work your way back to the front of the stage with enough determination!

that’s true :wink:

I say go for the M&G… and like someone said, you can work your way up pretty close. Try to do it between bands, that’s when the most people are off wandering or going to the bathroom or whatever. It’s how I got so close when they were in Auburn in 07, and I went to the M&G. :slight_smile:

It a catch 22 because LP usally have their Meet and Greet during the first act so you will miss Incubus if you go to the M & G. I would not forgo the chance to see LP because like everyone say you can wiggle you way up front

I’d rather meet them! Then you have the autographs to make all your friends jealous! =D

actually whoever says you can wiggle your way up front must’ve been at a concert full of nice people… they don’t exist. I have been at many concerts where people get into fights because of these “weasels”. You can’t get into the first 10 rows of GA with people not saying something. Same reason I don’t drink or eat at a concert because you have to leave your spot and that’s not gonna happen when you have an awesome view. You have to make a sacrifice.

That’s whats bugging me. I think it’s a bit unfair that you have to choose between a M&G and front row. I don’t think any other bands do this at all. Usually they have the M&G earlier and before public access, so the lucky people that got selected for a M&G aren’t penalized and lose out on their good seats.

If a director or management is reading this, it’s better to have a M&G way before the actual concert, like before the public gets in. So this way LPU members get the best of both worlds. IMO.

[quote=JensonButton]That’s whats bugging me. I think it’s a bit unfair that you have to choose between a M&G and front row. I don’t think any other bands do this at all. Usually they have the M&G earlier and before public access, so the lucky people that got selected for a M&G aren’t penalized and lose out on their good seats.

If a director or management is reading this, it’s better to have a M&G way before the actual concert, like before the public gets in. So this way LPU members get the best of both worlds. IMO.[/quote]

yes I definitely agree! but my husband says that meeting the guys trumps standing front row…,

and also, from a bad experience I had last year at a concert, I don’t think that a person who was at a meet and greet should get to be personally put in front of me in the front row where her mom was holding her spot? how many other LPU members that were at a meet and greet have the chance like that? i’m thinking slim to none.

so yes for the future, meet and greet should be before the early access starts. =o)

[quote=JensonButton]That’s whats bugging me. I think it’s a bit unfair that you have to choose between a M&G and front row. I don’t think any other bands do this at all. Usually they have the M&G earlier and before public access, so the lucky people that got selected for a M&G aren’t penalized and lose out on their good seats.

If a director or management is reading this, it’s better to have a M&G way before the actual concert, like before the public gets in. So this way LPU members get the best of both worlds. IMO.[/quote]

yes I definitely agree! but my husband says that meeting the guys trumps standing front row…,

and also, from a bad experience I had last year at a concert, I don’t think that a person who was at a meet and greet should get to be personally put in front of me in the front row where her mom was holding her spot? how many other LPU members that were at a meet and greet have the chance like that? i’m thinking slim to none.

so yes for the future, meet and greet should be before the early access starts. =o)

Agreed. There’s no way you can get any closer to the band than actually going backstage at the m&g and shaking their hands. Anyone has a chance at the front row during the show but only an LPUer has a chance to go to the m&g!

Wow… this is amazing!! I never expected so many comments. You are all awesome! Thanks for all the great thoughts. You rock!!! I hope you all have fun at your concerts!!! Maybe I’ll see a couple of you in Tacoma!

I hope you can made your decision :slight_smile: