Few Living Things songs on concert setlist

I was surprised to see the setlist of their first concert had only 4 songs from Living Things. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I was hoping to experience more songs like “I’ll be gone” , “Castle of Glass” and “Powerless” live in Houston.

I’m surprised by that too so I’m hoping maybe another tour cycle will happen, especially with all the major US cities being missed on the Honda civic tour.

What was the full setlist? I’m surprised there’s no Powerless :S That’s my favourite song on the album

I was there for the Bristow show and yeah they didn’t even play Crawling… they mashed up a total of 7 songs to make them shorter and save time… The problem with LP now that that they have SO many awesome and memorable songs that they are having a hard time fitting them all into the set list. I’m guessing that means it will be extremely hard for them to play anything considered old like for example Runaway, A Place For My Head, etc…

here is the whole setlist

I was a bit surprised too, only 4 songs plus the Until It Breaks verse as the intro for Waiting for the End

Fingers crossed for more songs from “Living Things” be included in the setlist, mainly “Powerless”, “I’ll Be Gone” and “Lies Greed Misery” [biggrin]

That’s a dilemma. Sure, everyone want’s more songs of LT. But if they would play all the new songs, people would say: oh, why they didn’t play some more old stuff. If I’am able to see LP live, I would prefer to hear songs from all of their records. A good mix.

Hmm I thought their setlists were usually longer too, like 22-25 songs. Oh well, I’m excited just to see them in person! I’m hoping that since they’re playing a day festival where I’m seeing them that they won’t chop down the setlist even more. I mean, they are headlining it…

It’s only the beginning of the tour still. LPLive seems to have dubbed this ‘Setlist C,’ giving indication that there are at least two other sets. I’m assuming some of the other Living Things songs will work their way through those sets.

They cut crawling from the show lastnight too. I have a copy of the setlist I’ll post
If I can figure out how

[quote=kirley09]I was there for the Bristow show and yeah they didn’t even play Crawling… they mashed up a total of 7 songs to make them shorter and save time… The problem with LP now that that they have SO many awesome and memorable songs that they are having a hard time fitting them all into the set list. I’m guessing that means it will be extremely hard for them to play anything considered old like for example Runaway, A Place For My Head, etc…

I’m Guessing they were in a hurry for playing late. Plus thats what they rehearsed in the rehearsal. But the show was still good. I enjoyed it alot. :slight_smile:

Probably the other sets will have I’ll be Gone and Castle Of Glass but I’m glad because my favorite songs from LT were already played.

No matter, it’s still an awesome line up of songs!! I agree with an earlier comment, the LP guys have so much great material to work from, its gonna be hard to please us all with our own “ultimate set list” …not a bad topic for a new forum though…hmm

Thanks to the fella that added the link to the set list and live songs…nice touch! A great warm up for our show here in SA, come November :smiley:

[quote=claudio rodrigues]here is the whole setlist

I was a bit surprised too, only 4 songs plus the Until It Breaks verse as the intro for Waiting for the End
[/quote]

That looks like a pretty well-rounded out set-list to me. I would be pleased with that.

I can see where you’re coming from about the lack of Living Things songs on the list, but like you said, LInkin Park have so many good tracks that it matters little.

Does the fact they are co-headling the shows mean the set is likely to be shorter than usual?

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see more songs from LT, but always the case that the more songs a band write the more they are going to have to choose which to play. Can’t really suggest they write less songs to solve this problem, but I am a supporter for a superset list :smiley:

They could play longer concerts. I know it’s hard but I think it’s better to play long concerts every 3 days than 90 min. almost every day. And there wouldn’t be a problem with old and new song because they’d have enough time for old and new ;D

Co-headlining means that both Linkin Park and Incubus are playing full sets.

Co-headlining means that both Linkin Park and Incubus are playing full sets.[/quote]

Perky, he is right. And don’t forget guys, Incubus has not performed on the first two shows.

Co-headlining means that both Linkin Park and Incubus are playing full sets.