Favorite LPU Memories

I thought we could all share some of our favorite memories from our years in this awesome fan club.

-receiving my first LPU package on my birthday
-getting my question published in the LPU 5 newsletter that was answered by Chester
-winning one of the LPU 8-Bit May-hem contests
-chatting with Mike and seeing him jam to Nyan Cat LOL
-and of course talking with awesome people on the old MB

Becoming a mod is one of my highlights, along with the opportunities I received, like TV recordings and the LPU tour. All the M&Gs, all the members Iā€™ve met (and more ;)), and the laughs Iā€™ve had.

I have just a few experiences with LPU because i joined it just last yearā€¦
So my best memories are:
First video chat with Mike
First time Mike answered at one of my questions during a video chat
And absolutely the best of all was the Summit in Hamburg, the first time iā€™ve met the band! :smiley:

Getting my First lpu package
my First meet and greet with Linkin park
Meeting some of the lpu members there i talked to here a lot:)

I donā€™t have favorite memories yet as Iā€™ve just joined, but I was really impressed when I went to the concert in London last year when 2 members of LPU who had met the band in the afternoon for the summit were invited to join the band to play on stage !! It really was an incredible moment !

Nice:) Welcome to the lpu cedric:)

Making friends on the LPUMB the voices of the LPU was fun and my own thread! :smiley:
buying my first LPU package
meet and greets!

(and apparently the forums cut my answer and i had to retype itā€¦i think itā€™s cuz of the heart thing i added o_o)

[quote=lpfmfan]Making friends on the LPUMB the voices of the LPU was fun and my own thread! :smiley:
buying my first LPU package
meet and greets!

(and apparently the forums cut my answer and i had to retype itā€¦i think itā€™s cuz of the heart thing i added o_o)[/quote]

Happens to me too with the forum . just edit and ready

I have so many highlights, I need to buy a new highlighter.

My first LPU package arrived in the mail on my birthday, A couple weeks earlier than I was expecting it to.
I remember a LPU 3.0 thread about Meet and Greet Bloopers. The stories everyone shared were hilarious.
I also remember someone made a thread titled ā€œMike Diedā€ and it turned out they were talking about their Sims, in which they named one Mike Shinoda.
Linkin Park Day on October 24th always had people doing weird things.
I remember the cool things that happened, like when there was auditions for Faint and Wth>You.
Someone made a video of the absolutely ridiculous things the LPUā€™s greatest troll said.

Seeing some LPUers IRL at Mountain View was really cool. Hello Robynn and Brittaney and jen andā€¦ Joe, though he as too absorbed in the Wii to notice me.

After six years of trying, I managed to get a question passed in a band chat, and Mike answered it. After that, I regularly got responses from him from chat and the blog _ He recommended a book to me by Donald Passman about everything you needed to know about the music industry. Itā€™s an awesome book.
Then there was that time when we all had to solve the ATS puzzles together. It was cool seeing the whole LP community come together on these things. I got far enough where Mike pulled me into the chat room and socratically walked with me until we found the answer.
And then there was that time when mods said Mike was talking about me at the LPHQ. (I dun know what he said though)
And then there was the time when Mike and Jensen called me on my phone (on my birthday, again) for iheartradio and I totally, completely blew it.
And THEN, my LPU expired, and right after that Mike came in the chat, looking to apologize to me for totally blowing the phone call (though its probably my fault). I renewed.

Oh, and all of those contests, too.

I also learned a word from Mike: humblebrag. Of which this post is a self-example of. Actually not, because I donā€™t know how the whole humble thing is coming across through the interwebs. Itā€™s probably just bragging by this point. Iā€™m in competition with ManBearPig to be the most obnoxious LP fan.

And, the one thing that had the most impact: High Command. Just, High Command. And everyone who was in there. All the friends that I met. Youā€™ve changed me and youā€™ve taught me. I would be a different person without you all. (Thatā€™s another way of saying that if you donā€™t like me, itā€™s your fault! hahahah!)

Thereā€™s alot, but this takes teh cakeā€¦

Schen talks with Shinodaā€¦Derek is a fartpoopie

ā€“RS

[quote=schen]Thereā€™s alot, but this takes teh cakeā€¦

Schen talks with Shinodaā€¦Derek is a fartpoopie

ā€“RS

My favorite would have to be around the time 8-bit was released. Mike appeared in the chat room with only me, Roddy and one other LPUer who was barely paying attention.

Other highlights, the meet and greet I attended, and countless nights on the old Sparkart boards/chat room

I would say my unforgettable LPU memories so far :

[list]
My First M&G with Linkin Park.
The first time I saw Fiore in person ā€¦lol
Meeting my LPU buddies .
Hugo took a picture twice with us.
Later on Facebook he said, " you guys were amazing ā€¦the best meet and greet Iā€™ve ever had the pleasure being at hope you enjoyed the show and thanks for the great picture"
[/list]

[heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart]

the old lpumbā€¦ well thats about it, my life is so boring lol

[quote=Aditya_the_warrior_within]the old lpumbā€¦ well thats about it, my life is so boring lol
[/quote]
I just thought of another oneā€¦beating you to all the ā€˜happy birthdayā€™ threads [biggrin]

My first LPU chat with Mike and when he paid attention to me twice (I became a member that day)
RSVP for Moscow show (it was difficult to get tickets without LPU)
When Mike read my question but ignored it (haha chat with Phoenix)
Two LPU chats in my birthday (with Brad and Mike on August 20), I got a lot of congratulations from LPUers and when they all tried to attract Mikeā€™s attention to say happy b-day to me :smiley:

Silly, I knowā€¦

i am the ultimate highlight of the LPU

but also the summit ofocurse and the odl board PLUS

(i know some also think it)

-----MANSON and MARIOLP-----

1. My first M&G in Cologne last year.
  2. The Summit!
  3. Winning the ā€œphotographer for a dayā€ at the summit, beeing in front of the stage, chester pointing twice at me during ā€œGiven Upā€ and looking straight into my eyes for a few seconds. Unforgettable!!!

[quote=SinisterNL]i am the ultimate highlight of the LPU

[/quote]
Seeing your photoā€¦I think you are the guy who bought the guitar at the summit, right???

[quote=SinisterNL]i am the ultimate highlight of the LPU