Favorite Books

Oh yes! This is an awesome book!

The best book I’ve read recently is Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Book 1. I’ve also enjoyed Umberto Eco’s Foucault’s Pendulum and Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Ernest.

If you’ve seen the film Let Me In, this is the original novel. It’s about a boy being bulled, who meets a young female vampire. The Swedish film (also called Let The Right One In) is definitely recommended.

They’re great. I also enjoyed his run on Hellblazer :smiley:

Oh yes! This is an awesome book!

The best book I’ve read recently is Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Book 1. I’ve also enjoyed Umberto Eco’s Foucault’s Pendulum and Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Ernest.[/quote]

hi bob. if you liked the importand of being ernest (which is indeed very funny) you also may like
‘taste of honey’ bei shelagh delaney… [smile]

[quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

[/quote]

just out of curiosity, did you read the books and still don’t like them?[wink]

[quote=regi][quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

[quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=regi][quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

[/quote]

Well, I’ve seem all the movies and I don’t like them very much either. Books are always MUCH better.
Even Harry Potter. The films are not 1/10 as goods as the books, are they?

I haven’t read those yet :(.
[/quote]

I LOVE literature! Just too many amazing books to mention: from Jane Austen to Jonathan Safran, from Oscar Wilde to Jeffrey Eugenides, from Homeros to Agatha Christie… AND I do love both HARRY POTTER & TWILIGHT - I read both series I thousand times now. J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer are increadible writters. Very, very talented and witty women. For a long time I was very prejudiced against Twilight, but as soon as I started reading, I’ve noticed it was silly of me… I’d give it a try if I were you [smile][/quote]
Funny!! I was also very prejudiced against Twilight, but I also liked them when I gave them a try:) Have you ever read the Hunger GAmes by Suzanne Collins? They´re even better than Twilight!!

[quote=regi][quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=regi][quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

[/quote]

Well, I’ve seem all the movies and I don’t like them very much either. Books are always MUCH better.
Even Harry Potter. The films are not 1/10 as goods as the books, are they?[/quote]

Movie nr 1 from Harry potter is

Oh Iove “One Hundred Years of Solitude ( Gabriel Garcia Marquez)”

But my favorite books of all time must be : [smile][heart] JRR.Tolkien The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings[/quote]

I don’t think I’ve ever read a book whose title catches the feeling of the story as precisely as ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’… What was it that ‘tasted’ like a window?

Kill me, but I don’t like Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga books. Mwahaha magic is not real.
Oh it’s better to call authors, than books. My favorite authors: Stephen King, Haruki Murakami, Charles Bukowski and Anton Chekhov (yup, Russian one).

[quote=regi][quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=regi][quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

[quote=Kameiko][quote=regi][quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=regi][quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

[quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=Kameiko][quote=regi][quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=regi][quote=Kristina]twilight - dislike

In my childhood I loved fantasy. and my favorite books at one time were The Chronicles of Narnia :smiley: . I respect Tolkien. What do you say about this books?
2 regi - I read a one book, i did not like, sorry, this is only my personal opinion :).
I like stories about vampires, but when they are real vampires, they are beasts :smiley: like Dracula or Lestat or Louis :smiley: but I watch TV series The Vampire Diaries ahaahah

Never read them.

Yay post 39 xD.

[quote=Kristina]In my childhood I loved fantasy. and my favorite books at one time were The Chronicles of Narnia :smiley: . I respect Tolkien. What do you say about this books?
2 regi - I read a one book, i did not like, sorry, this is only my personal opinion :).
I like stories about vampires, but when they are real vampires, they are beasts :smiley: like Dracula or Lestat or Louis :smiley: but I watch TV series The Vampire Diaries ahaahah

[/quote]

As I said, my questions was just out of curiosity. [razz]. Actually, I’m not particularly interested in any other vampire stories… But do you know the funny thing? At first, I though your avatar was a picture of Bella… a very beautiful picture of Bella.

[quote=regi]hi bob. if you liked the importand of being ernest (which is indeed very funny) you also may like
‘taste of honey’ bei shelagh delaney… [smile][/quote]

I’ll give it a whirl :slight_smile:

[quote=LinkinParkForever275]watched the first movie. My girlfriend asked me too.
a shiny bling bling vampire? its so gay[/quote]

I find that comment rather offensive.

[quote=Bob][quote=LinkinParkForever275]watched the first movie. My girlfriend asked me too.
a shiny bling bling vampire? its so gay[/quote]

I find that comment rather offensive.[/quote]

oh i’m sorry i didn’t mean it the way it sounds
i am total supporter of the gay community
even if i am straight.
One of my best friends is gay