Does anybody know why Linkin Park was named Xero?

I’m just wondering is there any reason why LP name was “Xero” or “Hybrid Theory”? It would be nice to know the stories behind those names! just like I know why the band name is “Linkin Park” [biggrin]

As far as I know, the band name “Hybrid Theory” was choosen as a synonym and stand as symbol for LP as a Band, who are mixing different music styles.

I have no idea, about the meaning of “Xero”.

Airn’t they the spokes of a bike

I don’t know either. But it’s interesting, I’d also like to know it.

Well Hybrid Theory is easy. Hybrid is something mixed with 2 different things. Rock and Rap. So they had Hybrid Theory. But Xero is another story… Maybe they thought it was badass?

They were originally Xero 818 (area code for Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley), then eventually dropped the 818. As for where the name Xero came from, I’m clueless

As Hybrid Theory was Stated before it is what has been said. Xero I also have no idea. I guess only the band can answer this. Would be a good question for the next LPU chat :slight_smile:

[quote=Woco21]As Hybrid Theory was Stated before it is what has been said. Xero I also have no idea. I guess only the band can answer this. Would be a good question for the next LPU chat :slight_smile:

Thank you for your comments! :slight_smile: Now I’m smarter than ever !

[quote=LP13413]They were originally Xero 818 (area code for Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley), then eventually dropped the 818. As for where the name Xero came from, I’m clueless

Maybe EVO knows :DD She knows EVERYTHING

I don’t know more about this neither.
I think I’m remebering a rumor, but I’m not quite sure and don’t wanna bring some bullshit in so I better won’t tell my idea because I think I’m mistaken ^^

Only real lp member can give us right answer :’)

[quote=LinkinLayra]Only real lp member can give us right answer :’)

Or evo :stuck_out_tongue:

There are not that much Informations about the xero time… its also nearly 15years in the past

[quote=Jats]I don’t know more about this neither.
I think I’m remebering a rumor, but I’m not quite sure and don’t wanna bring some bullshit in so I better won’t tell my idea because I think I’m mistaken ^^[/quote]Brad stated it in his UCLA commencement speach

Originally it was Super Xero but it was later shortened to Xero which happened while Mike, Brad, and Rob were all still in High school. Thats just the name they decided to use. It was when Chester joined the band in 1999 that they changed the name from Xero to Hybrid theory. They changed the name to Hybrid theory because they wanted a name that signified the blend of music they were doing at the time.

They were actually called SuperXero but then later changed it to just Xero. When Joe came along.

If I remember correctly it was always stated they never were Originally SuperXero. Xero818 was correct but then shortened to just Xero if I’m not mistaken.

I posted a link a couple posts up