Different bands with same song names

I was on youtube and looking up pop songs and i came across snow patrol’s new video, their song is called “In The End”. not a big deal but it could be, do you think its weird to have two different complete bands with the same song name. and i listened to the song and its nothing like ITE at all but the same song name. of course there are other songs with same names but there are some song names that is only used once. like for example; when making not alone, lp was going to name it “you are not alone” or something like that so they changed it to “not alone”. there are not two songs called “smells like teens spirit” or “enter sandman” or “dont stop believing”

1 Like

what do you think?

1 Like

I quite agree with you a song should be connected to one band!!
HOWEVER I think there are so many songs and bands out there now it is very hard to actually find a title that hasnt been used before! Thats something to consider!

It’s a little off putting at first when someone mentions a song title and you think one song and they think another, but I think it’s okay. So long as the songs aren’t the same, or anything. Like StanleyElite said, there are so many songs out there these days that you can’t really find one that hasn’t been used that pertains to what your song is about. You could always go the “what the hell, that has nothing to do with anything” route, but…

Not really cause usually if they have the same name then they sound different. Rarely do they sound the same cause it will either be a different genre or a different use of instruments.

but there are some songs that should be only named that song… title… thingie…

1 Like

Meaning, certain songs NEED to have a certain title?

What if there’s a song called The Murderer (by Alesana in particular) and it’s about someone who is a murderer? A good title for the song. But what if there is another song titled The Murderer (this one is fake so far as I’m concerned) and it’s more about a figurative murdering? It still fits, but now we have two song entitled to the same title.

U2 has the songs

One Step Closer
Numb

That’s somehow funny :slight_smile:

Jonas Brothers have a song called Pushing Me Away (I have little sisters, they listen to it a lot)

[quote=Linus]U2 has the songs

One Step Closer
Numb

That’s somehow funny :slight_smile:

There is a song called show me what you got by Busta Rhymes, Limp Bizkit and Jay-Z

Avenged Sevenfold have Burn it Down and so do LP

Papa Roach has a song called forever and so does drake and some other artist (can’t remember who)

Eminem and Jay Z both have Deja Vu

I know three bands with a song called Burn It Down:

Linkin Park
Avenged Sevenfold
Awolnation

Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne both have a song called Forgotten.

[quote=Chris_LP]TAvenged Sevenfold have Burn it Down and so do LP

Eminem and Jay Z both have Deja Vu

I think you’re thinking of the Jessica Simpson song called With You. I’ve never heard of any Avril song by that name.

Avril Lavigne does share a song name with Linkin Park, but that song is called Forgotten. I mentioned that in an earlier post, but maybe you didn’t see it.

I have another one

Fire - Dead by Sunrise and Madison Bray.

[quote=Shadows of the Dawn]I think you’re thinking of the Jessica Simpson song called With You. I’ve never heard of any Avril song by that name.

Avril Lavigne does share a song name with Linkin Park, but that song is called Forgotten. I mentioned that in an earlier post, but maybe you didn’t see it.[/quote]

There’s also a ‘‘With You’’ by Chris Brown XD

and ‘‘Fire’’ by Jimi Hendrix Experience

Beyonce also has a Deja Vu song, I think.

And the one of Avril Lavigne is “I’m with you” .

RHCP and LB have Look Around.

Flyleaf and Evanescence both have a song called Missing.

Suddenly these came in mind:

The Messenger - LP, Thrice
The Catalyst - LP. Oceansize
Empty Spaces - LP, Pink Floyd
Runaway - LP, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ladytron, Kanye West
Forgotten - LP, TV On The Radio, Combichrist
Burn It Down - LP, Avenged Sevenfold
Numb - LP, The Cure
Step Up - LP, Enter Shikari
Part Of Me - LP, Tool
The Requiem - LP, Foo Fighters, boysetsfire, Cave In