Desktop Screenshots

Hey everyone. hope you all are good…
um, how is it be if we share some virtual desktop screenshots especially those which contain Linkin Park wallpapers(at the start-up or at lock screen), arts, screensavers, etc. or if someone set-up something amazing in their laptops for Linkin Park (like back then, what I did is, whenever I opened up my laptop there’s a photo of jin khazam(Tekken player) and Chester screaming and at the terminal (windows user say, command prompt) I set up a LP greeting for user …
so recently I did this…39

These are not photos, they are video songs, each and everyone is of Linkin park… i can add upto many video player only at a single virtual desktop also I saved this desktop (which is at number 2) and do all my other work on diff. virtual desktops…

4 Likes

That’s cool, but how much of your CPU and / or GPU does that eat?

1 Like

only 700mb (applications running - firefox, URXVT terminal and mpv media player)
also thanks man

1 Like

No, I meant as in CPU/GPU % usage, having to run multiple videos simultaneously in the background at all times must take something.

1 Like

ohh yeah actually i’ve 4cores and one of them consume 100% and second one consume more than 30-40% constantly (the other remains on 5-10%) also CPU usage % of everyone is closer to 4-5% (as you can see the load is 0.16 in the screenshot, which sounds like a good for my laptop) and that 700mb is RAM (consumed)

Wow, an approx average of 40% overall is a hell of a lot of a desktop background, that’d spike my average temps into the mid to high 50s. What’s your CPU?

that question hurts me although here’s the answer

CPU: Dual-Core Intel Core i3-7100U (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 600/400/2400 MHz

also i’m using i3 tiling window manager(not for windows, actually it’s for linux OS) and i’m not using any graphical desktop heavy environment and disabled other autostart services which ain’t of no use, so bit of memory saved from there

1 Like

So your entire processor is just used to run your backgrounds which turn it into even more of a potato than it was? :joy:

1 Like

hahaha back then whenever i used facebook in my laptop along with some music player and terminal, the memory consume ratio was too high that there’s no going back … fans getting run at very high speed, my computer hangs and i don’t know from somewhere a voice with chester pic. came into my mind i.e., “SO INSECUREEEEEE”