Could this be Chester or am I crazy?

I know that this is going to sound really weird but I just can’t seem to get over the fact that Chester is really gone.:sob: At first I was just really depressed about the suicide but now it’s a combination of that plus I’m having trouble sleeping again and starting to have anxiety and anger issues AGAIN! Chester and Linkin Park has always helped me through it but it’s different now. When I try to listen to their music now it just hurts more. I’m hoping I will get over this soon. Here is where it gets even more crazy…over the past week…every time I go anywhere I see a big beautiful gold colored dragonfly flying near me and I instantly feel like it’s Chester in some way trying to still help me like he always has and I feel so happy and peaceful thinking of him like that.:joy: Is that weird and am I crazy or is there anyone else out there going through something similar? Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you so much

8 Likes

I hope this will help out

3 Likes

Thank you. Just knowing that others like you are out there helps more than you know.:hugs:

2 Likes

I’m really sorry for what’s happening to you, the truth is that there’s nothing I can do to help you, just know that I’m here if you want to talk.

In my case, listening to their music helped me accept things in a way that doesn’t hurt that much, knowing that even if he is not here his voice will always be with us, his legacy…

I have to admit that I had to read this twice, because the first time I thought it said dragon and I was like “WTF?” haha when I read it again I realized it says dragonFLY and just started laughing, I’m so stupid :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes @ewhittlefrog if you need any help I am just a tag away. I promise to be within 24-48hrs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First, I am very sorry for what’s happening to you and hope you’ll get better real soon. I know what it’s like to feel just pain when you listen to LP’s music, been there too. But just try to realize that no matter what, their music is there for you and Chester in it too. He’s still here, in this music. He’s always trying to help you through it and it does not matter at all that he’s doing it from the rock heaven. Just put some positive songs on, (like Not Alone or Iridiscent) or something heavy and scream to it, something that made you happy before (for me it’s Blackout) and you’ll realize that it still is. And listen to his voice, you’ll heal in time. “Let it go”. “You are not alone”. Don’t cry that he’s not here anymore, because he’s just here, just listen.

And hmm, that dragonfly is interesting. Though I think it’s your mind playing you and it’s not good, on the other side, i think it’s not going to dissapear just like that until you’ll get better. Maybe it’s ok for you to believe it’s Chester trying to help.

If you need to talk, we’re all here.

1 Like

I’m sorry for what you getting trough. You are not alone. The Music will always be there. Nobody is just so gone. We all become to stardust. That’s a beautiful thought. The ones you love are always in your heart. :relaxed:

1 Like

I feel sorry for you, but miracles can still happen in this world. Maybe the dragonfly is there to get you through this. I think everyone here understands your pain, I hope you’ll feel better soon. You can always talk with us!

2 Likes

Thank you so much to all of you! Just knowing that someone is there
listening and understands helps so much. On a positive note…I do feel a
little better today after hearing from you guys and even if it is just me
wanting to think that it’s him…I’m okay with that for now because I
think that’s what my mind needs to heal and be able to move on.

2 Likes

we are always there…just a tag away :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just found this posted by the band on their youtube site. Thought I’d share in case anyone hasn’t seen it.

4 Likes

Oh, you’re not crazy. In the past view days i’ve dreamed of Chester. I had to pick him up from the train station. And then i should drive him to a concert. Something went wrong with the car, i became very sad and then he gave me a warm embrace :hugs: , kissed me and said to me “Everything will be fine again.” then the dream was over and i woke up with a wonderful feeling. I kept this all day. It sounds totally crazy :crazy_face: , because I never met him personally! But such a clear dream I had the last time, shortly after my father died.
There are things between heaven and earth which we can’t explain. If this helps us to cope with something, then it is good. Or what you thinkin about it?

5 Likes

I’m sitting in line to get my daughter from school and I just saw the same
dragonfly. It flew around the car in front of me and then came straight to
my windshield and hovered in front of me for a minute. It was right as I
had read post from jule33 :). When my dad passed there was a double rainbow
the day we buried him and till this day when I see a rainbow I think of
him.

2 Likes

When I read this, i get goose bumps :kissing_heart:

I feel the same way, I have strange pain in my chest since the moment I found out he died, I can’t stop listening to his songs and that is just making it worse, I even caught myself crying couple of times. I know I didn’t know him but he has been with us on TV/radio and internet ever since we were kids and many of us grew up with his music, and his music helped us go through many difficult periods in our lives. It’s just hard to believe he is gone and he will never sing with his angelic voice again :slightly_frowning_face: I could go on forever like this but the thing is I will miss him very much and I know I’m not the only one :cry:

2 Likes

I understand how you feel, the truth is (I think I said this on another post) that music touches us in a unique way, in a way that nothing else will ever do. That’s why we all feel connected to LP and to each other even if we never really met. So it’s fine to cry, to feel sad about his passing, it’s totally understandable. The only thing you can do (from my point of view) is try and come to terms with what happened and remember that his music is still here, he left a beautiful legacy that will never disappear, you can always listen to his music, watch funny videos, watch interviews and remember him the way he was.
Hold on to the good things and let go of the bad. If you ever need anything I’m here for you (just a tag away)

4 Likes

I don’t think you’re crazy at all. I’ve been talking to people on an LP Facebook group who seem to be receiving signs from him, including myself. Many of them will be feeling sad about him and a feather will appear out of nowhere, another person asked for a sign and not long after “Signs” from Drake started playing and it wasn’t even on her playlist. I asked for a sign and to dumb it down because I have Asperger’s and don’t do well with subtlety. The next morning I woke up to Faint playing on my TV (which wasn’t even close to the channel I was watching when I fell asleep) right when Chester screams “I won’t be ignored.”

2 Likes

Nice to know that I’m not alone🤗. I got chills when I read greybaby88 post The
next morning I woke up to Faint playing on my TV (which wasn’t even close
to the channel I was watching when I fell asleep) right when Chester
screams “I won’t be ignored.”

1 Like

Totally understand how u feel I’m in the same place myself. But about the gold dragonfly that’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard and he must be truly buy your side when u need it the most, like always he will never truly be gone xx

1 Like

When my dad died only last year it was feathers for me…kept finding them everywhere. They say feathers are the sign of angels looking out for you. Even now I find one and I think of my dad and feel close to him. Why wouldn’t Chester send an amazing cool dragonflies. If it brings good memories then be happy with them.

6 Likes