Chester B's artwork. what do you guys think?

Just saw all the drawings you shared, they’re all great! You’re amazing guys!!! I wish I could draw like you haha I’m really bad

2 Likes

with lead pencil you get better shades.

1 Like

Just try it! The last Picture i’ve shared was my fourth i ever made from templates

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve tried but I’m really perfectionist and very hard on myself, so if it’s not perfect I get frustrated and mad at myself for being like that haha
I am good at painting though, if someone else draws I can paint it and I can do pretty good shading. But with the drawing I just gave up long ago, maybe if I started as a kid I would have been good (at least that’s what a friend of mine says)

1 Like

very inspiring! i think i should not stop sketching too! its lovely!
also, maybe you should have your hands on color pencil too. i was on lead pencil before too, but then i realized, using color pencil technique isn’t very much different with normal lead pencil technique.
cmon, give it a try! :wink:

1 Like

u dont have to be perfect in drawing as long as you enjoying it! being great in art skill doesn’t require any similarities with the original picture, it was skills and technique that matters! (as quoted by my sifu)
don’t give up yet, you must have the spark inside you. share with us :grinning:

4 Likes

You guys are really supportive with everything :smile: You’re just awesome! I love you :heart:

3 Likes

It looks nice. Good detail. You can tell it looks like him. : )

1 Like

If you say so, I’ll try it out :wink:. But first I have to buy colored pencils :joy:

1 Like

Hey, I’m not perfect either! I’m doing this for fun. But I have to say I’m self-critical like you. If I don’t like something, I try eternally around. So I needed a whole Day for it. And I’m still not entirely satisfied! But you become better from time to time. Please draw something, I’m curious about it! :wink: :blush:

4 Likes

:kissing_heart: Thanks

I have copied pictures I found on the internet (anime characters and that kind of stuff, mostly animals), but I’ve never drawn anything on my own.
If I manage to take a good picture with my phone’s shitty camera, I’ll share it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Like you, I never draw on my own. I used a template. Otherwise chester would not look like chester, rather like a monkey or something else :wink:

-----Ursprüngliche Mitteilung-----

2 Likes

Yeah. This one looks like Chester.
He turned out to be hard to draw. I tried for good 4 years but didn’t get to the resembance. The last month got me drawing him better.

Have to ask: what do you use for shading?

Its great !! You have a great talent!

https://forums.lpunderground.com/uploads/short-url/jY7Zqn9bLh2CDN30CCkrV3MBUuH.jpg

This ones great too! It has a perfect resemblance!! With the original pic!

2 Likes

Quite simply, I use my fingers to blur. The only things i have for drawing are 2 lead pencils 1 hard, 1 soft, 1 eraser and a picture as a template on my smartphone. That’s it.

2 Likes

That was my goal. But it’s still not quite perfect. the hands are not so good yet. But thank you very, very much i appreciate it.:kissing_heart::hugs:

2 Likes

please show us your picture of chester, it couldn’t be so bad :wink:

1 Like

Those “failed” ones went to the trash can. Didn’t take photographs. The ones that I did properly are all from the last month. You can find them in Honey’s “Playing with the drawing tools” thread.

Also, try cotton sticks instead of fingers. I also had that time of bluring and felt real progress, when shifted to the cotton sticks.

Now I just like hatching more.

2 Likes

… yet a little bit improved

now something is on the clock and the hands are a little bit better

8 Likes