Can't sleep tonight

I’m having a hard time. Woke up 2 and a half hours before needing to get up for work. I have been able to keep it together but yesturday while listening to LP Hyprid theory (just bought some of their albums) the floodgates were opened. Havent posted here before and Idk why I’m reaching out here. Idk how im going to get through just another day…

5 Likes

Hold on, you can do it!

I think you did right about posting here… I hope we can help you to handle the dark days :smirk: :muscle:

If there’s anything you don’t feel comfortable doing, don’t push yourself to it… The right time will come :relaxed:

4 Likes

First of all hello and nice to meet you! Welcome on forum! :sun_with_face: :smile:

The songs aren’t meant to make people sad, listen to them as “fighting anthems”… :muscle: You’re strong enough to fight your personal battles, I’m sure! And we’re here if you want/need to talk… Life isn’t easy, but we never back down! :muscle: :sun_with_face: :hugs:

5 Likes

Hey, if you needed to reach out this is the right place. :blush: The fact that you understood something is not okay and want to change it is a good step, the next is understand what makes you like this and try to solve it. Most of time they are “just periods”, but try to find happiness always. I had a situation like that some months ago, I felt like my family wasn’t there for me so I felt alone and I didn’t sleep well. I reached out a friend who told me “are you passing time with your family?” I felt alone because I was alone, so passing time with my family really cheered me up and then I was okay.
Know that we are by your side, tell us everything you want to, we’re here for you :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it. Half the day was really hard to get through but I got through it thank God.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the welcome. It wasn’t so much that it made me sad it was just too relatable as a lot of the songs seemed to steal the words out of my thoughts. Its helped process some emotion that I had been put on the back burner.

1 Like

I think I know what is wrong but it seems like its not a situation that can ever change. Like the damage is done and I can’t seem to recover. I naturally was drawn to this band last year when I my seemingly lowest points. Its weird listening to their music now and relating but as a child didnt understand because of lack of life lived.
Thats great you were able to figure out what was missing in your life.

1 Like

That’s how things feel when you’re in a low place bud…but it’s not the truth, especially so if you choose to see it differently
I know it’s not all within your choices but I was making a point last night actually that you can choose to start forcing yourself to take in positivity…if you’re in a low spot you perhaps shouldn’t be engulfed in low point kinds of songs
Surround yourself with that which you want to attract :slight_smile:
It’s tough to begin with but over time it gets easier I promise
It’s like working out… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: starting up is a pain in the butt haha you make excuses, something aches, etc etc but if you ignore that and dive in, you find yourself enjoying yourself and wanting to look forward to your next work out :upside_down_face:

It’s not inescapable, you’ve got people like us, you’ve got outlets, and best of all you have yourself-you’re your strongest ally :slightly_smiling_face:

Damage is never irreparable
There’s always a fix and if not…we’ll then you tear that crap down and rebuild with the knowledge you need for it to not fail again :wink:

Just to promote my own post :stuck_out_tongue::

What are you listening to this minute? Just curious - #6405 by framos1792

3 Likes

Welcome.

I’ve had a lot of these days lately. Focus on the good in your life. Try to see positivity when you can. It will get better. Don’t be afraid to reach out when you need to.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

I think the key to anything is just to take things a day at a time.

Whenever I find myself listening to Linkin Park, I find myself thinking back to where I was when that album came out, when I heard that song for the first time, when I saw them perform those songs live time and time again.

Find something that peaks your interest! What’s your favorite hobby? Sometimes it’s best to push outside your comfort zone and discovering something new.

Sometimes I just find myself browsing the message boards, reading random posts, and hearing other peoples’ stories, and what’s going on in their day-to-day lives.

1 Like

It’s not that simple now there are a lot of problems stuck for me, anyway I hope I as you can deal with them and once for all go through it

This is the beautiful: songs which represent you are like a friend who understand you, so you’ll surely relate to these lyrics too:

Just hold on, the weight of the world will give you the strenght to go

When life leaves us blind love keeps us kind

We all fall down, we live somehow, we learn what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger

As you relate to songs, find the strenght in them too, you’re a Soldier, you will win :muscle:t2:

Plus practice some self-love, this is what Tobi (sister of Chester) told me, it will really help you

1 Like

I wish I can be this positive. I have to force myself to get through the day to do normal things and things to get outside myself.

Thanks. I gotta take the half of each day at a time tbh. Thats really cool you got to see them live. I never got to hear them play but I plan to see Shinoda as my first legit concert.
After Chester’s 1year anniversary death I decided to take up guitar lessons to do just that and push myself outside my comfort zone. I’m going to have to stop them unfortunately after oct. But i will keep practicing and singing on my own. I have a crazy dream from starting this and idk if it will come true but what else do I have to lose? Also like to practice singing for I find it stress relieving somehow. Also like videogames but its been a complete struggle even with guitar to keep engaging which often leaves me with singing.

1 Like

Thank You. I appreciate these lyrics.

Thank you all for being so nice and responding to me.

1 Like

Remember, it’s okay not to be okay and it’s okay to work about it

Don’t worry, we lift each other up :heart: Hope you will be good in a short time

While having a hard time I find myself listening to 10000 suns. From robot boy to messenger feels like an album in itself. It’s uplifting projects strength thru struggle and the need for sympathy and kindness

2 Likes

You can always come here and reach out. We love each other and hold each other up no matter what you are going through. If you can make it through the next hour, or the next minute, or just the next couple of seconds, you are fighting and that is awesome! We will always be there for you. Love and peace my friend.

4 Likes