Can you touch your shoulders?

Ok, so seniors (18yr olds, last year of high school) take exams (same papers in the entire country) depending on which directory they had chosen when in high school (we have 3, 1 for anthropology courses, 1 for chemistry, biology and such and one with maths, physics, basic economics etc) and based on their results they gather some points that are added to their high school GPA. Based on that number you are able to apply to certain unis. For example, lets say a student has 15k points, they can apply to unis that accept students with 15k or less points. They can’t apply to a uni that has a minimum acception mark of 17k points, it’s a waste basically. After a month or so that the applications have been sent, you can login to a specific site and by entering your info you can see in which uni you were accepted in. The unis don’t contact the students to tell them if they were accepted or not.

It’s a very tiring process actually, and pretty unfair if you ask me. They’re looking at changing the system the coming years, I really hope they will.

We have this thing called UCAS and it’s basically a service that does a lot of the work for you but it’s still pretty annoying. What happens is you fill out your application with various bits of info, then you write a personal statement (selling yourself) and put it on there, then you pick your 5 courses based on your predicted grades (grades come with points here as well). Some unis will ask for a certain amount of points others will ask for certain grades or a mix of both.

Once you’ve done that you have to pay £23 for service charges, then your application is sent to your referee (usually your tutor because it’s easier that way- by tutor I mean your main teacher not like a private tutor), the referee writes your reference (with enclosed predicted grades) and then your application gets sent off to the unis. Then you either get offers by email or through the UCAS track site (or in my case both).

Some unis will ask for an interview or a portfolio. Most will invite you to an open day. So far I’ve had 3 of 5 offers with surprisingly easy conditions (easy grades with a top grade in further maths, I’ve got the grades already even though I haven’t gotten all of mine, I just need the maths). My final 2 courses are in the same uni and for one of them they’ve summoned me to an interview for the other I’ve had no response yet.

so that will come, when the practise unit (your work right now as I understand)? Yeah, as a student you´re on the hunt for information, and the rules and regulations aren´t fair, even here in germany, so I agree, but solution: none

Q Ever eaten soup with very rough foamed parmesan cheese above and a lil tabasco? yummi

No

Q: Am I the only one who finds home made chicken noodle soup straight out of the fridge nice? In other words, am I the only one who likes cold chicken noodle soup?

A yeah, mb, but it´s ok, but only the imagine of the chicken gelatine,
https://drawception.com/pub/panels/2014/1-17/ENXygA9eRZ-8.png
so now I´m done, cya alol tomorrow buddies…
http://hahaquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/good-night-image-moon.jpg
edit
Q: how sleepy you´ x c :sleeping:

That’s why I like it, it gets nice and slimy :yum:

Not at all. I don’t recall being sleepy in a very very very long time.

Q: How bored are you?

@the_termin8r1 Long process you have going. Here is much simpler, no interviews, no open days, no personal statements or whatever, you just get in to whatever uni whether you like it or not (the list is based on a specific order each student wants based on their most preferred unis).

@The_early_walker Not sure I understand what you mean?

A: Not much, the day went surprisingly fast, and so will tomorrow.

Q: What do you do if you can’t fall asleep at night or wake up ata random hour and can’t get back to sleep?

Wish I had a bottle of chloroform lol. In all seriousness though, I just lie there.

Q: What’s most likely to wake you up in the morning (other than an alarm or somebody barging into your room to be your alarm)?

A when I wake up, cause I slept enough, and feel very comfortable with it, mb on sundays like today, sleeping was over at 8:15h, I woke up, and now it´s allright, I enjoy my coffee…
[ot when I tried today, my man came in right now, I´ve made plans for today with the mother of the best friend of my daughter, to make a christian market going arround/mb shopping one or the other, slowly and comfortable, but overnight the teenies with their Whats app decide to go to mäkki before and at cinema before and all in all that would cost the whole day, starting at 12:00h and ending whenever.I thought, and I decide, I denied going with them. So the whole troop now 5 ppl, is making their day running, I like more to stay calm, and I meet them at 4 pm at the christian market, my first sunday morning descision!]
Q Your last descision?
Edit:
[ot2 @evooba: this is one of my probs, to be not understanded)

Ok so I think it’s best to give my grandma some fruits - she can eat a whole box of berries all by herself while watching TV.

Q: Where’s everybody???

A Ok, that´s a very nice one, buy her her mostly liked berries

get…Sleeping I think or lurking on lpl/lpa

Q: What are you doing right now?

A: Answering this…

Q: you?

A same lol and breathing :open_mouth:
Q later on

A: Gonna burn some more CDs so I probably won’t be on as much

Q: what was for breakfast?

A butterbread
Q real busy, the comp is laming, not working correct, you´rs too?

A: Mine works fine, until I go to sleep :unamused:

Q: Do you have a laptop or desktop?

A both, not really, I´m on notebook, no laptop, that´s only for surving

Q What cd mixes you´ve done? You´re on for days, I saw first result, respect, man

ot leave now till evening, @the_termin8r1 good burning lol

They’re not mixes. I was burning 39 CD’s worth of Ratchet and Clank OSTs.

I used to burn cds when I was younger for the car lol

(First post from my new laptop, I can now enjoy everything without lagging and ads and a bunch of viruses :D)

Q: @EvoOba Which laptop did you get?