Can we DM a user?

Hi everyone!
This might be a dumb question but is there a way to send a DM (Direct Messege) to a specific user? I know it’s possible to do this on the LP app, but the LP app won’t let me sign in :expressionless::slightly_frowning_face:. Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

For this kind of questions we already have some topics about it. Use the searcher

@derek or @jFar920, merged?

The reply is: no. Actually there is not way to DM someone here. I guess years ago it was possible, but with the laughter of LPU13 that option was removed.

3 Likes

I think you mean launch. :joy:

3 Likes

That thing jaja I haven’t slept since yesterday. I’m reading 6 books of Maths.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for all your help! Sorry the question had already been asked! :sweat_smile:
Have a great day, Soldiers! :facepunch:

I’m assuming you do not have this option?

Untitled624654

The simple answer is no, that is not possible.

There was a time, though.

2 Likes

Is that on the desktop version of this site? I usually use the Forum on my mobile device. Thanks for all your help! :smiley::+1:

He’s a mod so has special superhero powers :heart_eyes: :grin:

2 Likes

I wish all users would have the DM function!

1 Like

Late, but yes, only moderators can message people on the forum. Not quite sure why it’s still like that, I assume it was before because there was a messaging system on the main website, but with it gone, it really should be added back

1 Like

Yes I agree!!! There should be an option to send personal message to another user. I really miss this!!! As there are things and questions that I don’t want to be seen by everybody. Please bring this option back!!! :pray::pray::pray::kissing_heart:

There, I see it totally different. I’m really happy how it is.
Say the things out loud.
Or let it be.
It’s quite a fun, tortures game to endure the humiliation and shame sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When you want a closer thing, there are a lot of ways to exchange numbers or mail.

And then, their is my paranoia mom side.
We have quite young kids here and a very trusting, warm environment. In that, I am happy that we all see each other.

@linkinisa no offence :hugs:

1 Like

I don’t know how about you but I guess that personal messages disappear in the jungle of posts and likes. Especially when you are not on the forum for a long time.

It’s easy to overlook or forget a message addressed to you. And as a result leave it with no answer. Also it’s hard to read long messages addressed to many users containing lots of quotes.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I get that?
You meen, with a pm function, this would not happen? :thinking:

In my experience, in foren with pm exactly that happened:

Yes I agree totally, @anomalia.:kissing_heart:

My sweet @anna834, thanks for your answer! I would appreciate a privatly possibility for direct messages when I would like to ask somebody a personal question maybe about health or other personal things which I don’t think everybody needs to know about. For things like this I would appreciate a personal possibility to message somebody. There are personal things in life I don’t want to tell everybody and I don’t wana push other people to tell me private things openly so everyone can read. I agree it’s great everybody can see everything. Please don’t get me wrong! I really enjoy this!! But why is it not possible to have both? One doesn’t mean the other one has to stop.

I don’t understand how you mean this. Sorry, maybe it’s because I’m no mom. :wink::blush: I’m more paranoid if I should write my private phone number or email address here so everybody can see it.

Of course I don’t take your opinion as a offence! Everybody has the right to tell his/her opinion! :kissing_heart::hugs:

But when I want to exchange my phone number or email address with somebody, everybody get it. And I don’t want this. For example I want to buy a shirt from somebody in here. How do we write privately about prize, payment, mail adress without mention at least my private phone number or email address? Maybe there is a solution I don’t know about it. Maybe you can tell me, that would be great! Thank you :kissing_heart:!!

Maybe someone else would like to tell me her/his opinion. Thank you!! :wink::hugs::hibiscus:

Big hug and I wish you all a good and cool weekend! :kissing_heart::hugs::bouquet::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Sorry, I was dead on ny feet yesterday evening.

Maybe you both are on facebook.
Or one has a not so important mail address. You post the address when both are online and delete it right afterward.

Good luck with it! :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I’m not on Facebook and don’t have a not important email address. Never needed one. That’s why I like DM. But if I’m the only one in here so it’s clear there is no need of it. Just wanted to tell my thoughts and opinion. Thanks for replying.

I wish you a good thay and send you a big hug! :kissing_heart::hugs::rosette:

1 Like

Why don’t you guys just exchange email adresses? You can display them for a short moment and edit the post then…

1 Like