Birmingham was Chester's last tour date?

Hey.

I went to the concert in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. It was a good one. The thing is, with Chester’s death, I feel kind of guilty. Like there was something I could have done differently which would have somehow made a difference. Like maybe we - the audience - weren’t nice enough. Or maybe we were too nice, I don’t know. Something.

I’ll probably put aside that guilt once there’s a little distance, but I thought it appropriate to write this down in case other people are feeling similarly.

2 Likes

I feel this also. I was at Birmingham, too. It’s hard not to wish you’d clapped louder, cheered more, sang louder, etc. I keep thinking about how much I wish I had gotten picked for the M&G. For years I planned and actually wrote down the things I want to say to each member of the band and now I’ll never get to tell Chester exactly how his existence has changed my life. I’m not arrogant enough to think that I could do it alone, but maybe collectively, with everybody else, as I reckon a lot of LPU members are here for similar reasons.

5 Likes

I feel the same, like I wish I could’ve done something to prevent this from happening. I guess all that’s left to do is to keep raising awareness of mental health issues and how serious they are :/.

Stay strong everyone.

1 Like

I was at the London show and know what you mean. Just seeing him that night I was so happy and there music has helped me through a lot. None of us knew how he felt but we all wish we could have helped. RIP Chester

2 Likes

@xctly, @nicholaswood7,@jimjim101,and @riotkitty That’s something I feel bad about too. If I had the power to go back in time like on the TV show “Quantum Leap”, I like to think I would have been able to help him get the help he needed. I would tell him, alot of us had similar problems, but things pass. .Now, as someone who has seen them three times while they toured the states, and as someone who was lucky enough to meet them, I still can’t help but feel as shocked and upset he is gone. I wish I could have been able to hug Chester one more time. And see them perform one more time in person. I know I am sounding like a broken record, but every post I see about their experiences, and how much they miss him, I can’t help but respond. Alot of you heard and read my comments many times before, but still, I feel bad for those who never got the chance to meet him, or see them perform live.

1 Like

If you need to get it out, just do it, don’t be afraid.

I wish you could have too. I wish every person who has ever met him hugged him. I’ve never met him, but I wish other people who had this opportunity did it it for me, because I couldn’t. And I know many of them did so this makes me calm.

Don’t be afraid, he felt the love you were sending to him. And he feels it right now and will always feel it, every day :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the good advice. :slight_smile: I know it’s always good to know that I can express my views and things about him here as much as I want. All of which are good.

1 Like

It makes sense to wish you could fix it. I now can’t see older pictures or videos of him without noticing fragile smiles and quiet pain, and that just makes it sadder that it wasn’t noticeable before. As a random fan, I really couldn’t have expected to make any difference, but a kind word at the right moment can mean the world to people struggling with depression, so who knows. I suppose if there’s a lesson there, it’s to notice depressed people and remind them that you care. Even if it’s a bit awkward or whatever, even if you don’t think it’ll make a difference, and even if you care about them only as a fellow human being.

2 Likes

Well said. I always looked at his videos as someone who had an incredible sense of humor. I too now have to look at this in a whole new way. Knowing what I know now, I would have reminded him, to think about how much he is loved, his kids, his fans etc. I keep dreaming every night he was okay and getting help. What you said was beautiful by the way.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s really nice of you to say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anytime. :slight_smile:

I would love to go back in time to tell chester bennington that i have the same thing happened to me and just tell hem we are there for hem and hug hem tell hem hes loved.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the same way I feel. I would tell him , “All of us have experienced the same things, but things pass. Just remember, you are loved not only by your bandmates, but your fans, family and all your friends, and everyone in the music world.” If I had that power, I would have loved to have been the one to fix things, so that he would be okay.

I feel that of we could go back in time to help chester and help hem get though all the demons that took our hero form us. I feel that if i could take his place i truly will no doubt in my mind

1 Like