Back After Some Time

What’s up Soldiers,
It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on the forum, probably not since OML came out if I even remember correctly.

I guess I’m writing this because I feel guilty for such inactivity in the community. I’ve been a member since Feb 2017, but I let my membership expire Feb 2019. I finally reactivated it this summer and I’ve never been happier. I’m so upset I never got the chance to be a member any earlier. I first became a fan of the band when Living Things was released, and that album has changed my entire life since then. I’m so happy to see these rarities and old demos get “officially” released on HT20. It’s bringing back a part of me that remembers spending my high school days digging online through every little fact and tidbit of the oldest of Linkin Park’s music.

In all, which rarity are you guys excited to see included? Mine’s the EP being released on vinyl, that’s so crazy to me.

I hope you’re all just as excited as I am about this release. I just felt the need to share my love with you guys and come back to visit the community after all this time!

-lj

6 Likes

Welcome back.

1 Like

Welcome back! I’m excited for the whole HT20 release, I saw the vid of Mike opening his and I got to him slipping off the lid before I got too excited and didn’t want to spoil it. Cannot wait to have it in my hands!

I didn’t order it but i really want it. You see, i never got to buy LP albums nor attended their concerts. So first time for everything for me i guess. Mike Shinoda mentioned that there will be some songs or demos that weren’t released anywhere in any platform so I’m waiting for that one.

Most of those already exist and have been out for years (unofficially of course), from the lists of the songs I’ve seen, only 2 or 3 are ones I haven’t heard of. That doesn’t mean that they haven’t been released either, it could just be that I haven’t run into them.

Welcome back

I feel the same way, although I didn’t join the fandom until early 2018. I haven’t been super active on here either. I’m very very excited to listen to the old demos, since I haven’t heard most of them!!

3 Likes

Welcome back! :smile:

1 Like

Welcome back @ljj_71994 :wave:
Welcome back @alexb_87 :wave:
:partying_face:

2 Likes

So nice to see people coming back to the LPU, welcome @ljj_71994 and @alexb_87!!

3 Likes

Welcome back!

Also same for me here! Been on LPU since I convinced my mum to buy me the living things CD which got me a LPU code and renewed my membership a few times but I have not really been active on here. I log in like every few months (or years in the past) haha I’m horrible but I’m trying to be active from now on!

4 Likes

Welcome back. Same here. I’ve dipped in and out over the years. Usually around tours and new material launches. I’ve been a fan since the launch of hybrid theory although I didn’t like one step closer on release. I wasnt in to that heavy shouty music (this album opened me up to everything from hip hop to slipknot) but I soon realised there was so much more than that and it soon became my favourite album and linkin park the soundtrack to my life. 35 years old and I’m still hooked!!

4 Likes

Hey, I’m glad to see you all still share a love for the band despite not being active in the forums! That’s okay, all the time I spent away from the LPU I still spent listening to my heroes!

I’m so happy She Couldn’t is now “official,” after being left to the Hybrid Theory 8-Track Demo leaks on LPLive for 20 years!

3 Likes