Artists! Please help!

Hey everyone. Since this is the art forum, I’m hoping I can get some help from some awesome artists (someone who is willing to let me use their art for a tattoo).

Well anyway, I recently lost my younger brother, and I would like to get a tattoo involving some of our inside jokes. However, I feel kind of weird explaining all of this to a tattoo artist so I was hoping you guys could help me instead. Unfortunately, I don’t have a very good imagination so I don’t have anything specific in mind, but here’s what I do have:

If possible, I would like the theme to be something like a “from the mind of”. Not meaning it has to say that, but these were all inside jokes and stories we made up ourselves to keep ourselves laughing and to get us through some rough times, so I’d like it to reflect that (not necessarily the rough times part though…)

Some of the things that I would love to have featured (and yeah, they’re going to be weird…don’t ask :p)

An African Tribal chief

Two rednecks with hats kinda like this one-http://rlv.zcache.com/deer_hunter_hat-p148551171278702818z8nb8_400.jpg, one with a red plaid shirt, I don’t really care what the other one has for a shirt.

A kind of cartoonish looking Bill Clinton sitting on top of a wall clock with his legs dangling down (like I said, don’t ask; we were weird :p)

And a beatnik with his ear to a door, while on the other side, are a boy and a girl, each in a cot, looking scared, partially hiding under covers.

Last but not least, the Haight/ Ashbury street signs (http://www.johnfloresgraphics.com/haightAshbury.gif just the signs, not the other crap) Actually, if these legs could be added in, that would be awesome too- http://pantheonphotos.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/haight-ashbury-san-francisco-photo-by-john-ecker.jpg)

I know that all sounds crazy and strange but it all has a lot of meaning to me and if anyone could somehow put something like this together for me, it would mean the world to me.
Thanks in advance to anyone who offers!

I’m gonna send this to jaalyn. He’s an awesome artist, and former LPUer. 'tis where I met him.

[/color[

His answer was:

[quote]6m John Lind Whitby ‏ @jaalyn · Open
@pd2care It would make a disparate solid piece that’s for sure. I visualize it as a sleeve. Let me think about it, maybe put out a sketch.

3m John Lind Whitby ‏ @jaalyn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@pd2care The person seems hesitant to tell those things to a tattoo artist but that’s exactly what should be done. Someone who can actually

John Lind Whitby ‏ @jaalyn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@pd2care see the body and how this would fit together will do the best job.[/quote]

[quote=pd2care]His answer was:

[quote]6m John Lind Whitby � @jaalyn · Open
@pd2care It would make a disparate solid piece that’s for sure. I visualize it as a sleeve. Let me think about it, maybe put out a sketch.

3m John Lind Whitby � @jaalyn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@pd2care The person seems hesitant to tell those things to a tattoo artist but that’s exactly what should be done. Someone who can actually

John Lind Whitby � @jaalyn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@pd2care see the body and how this would fit together will do the best job.[/quote][/quote]

I was actually thinking of it as a (half) sleeve or down my side (which would hurt like a mofo, but still), but yeah, it’s just really awkward to me going over something like this with a tattoo artist. I felt uncomfortable even just talking to them about the original tattoo I had wanted (the guitar and backpack that they said they couldn’t do), and this is really personal, so having to explain it to someone in person makes me really uncomfortable. That’s why I was hoping I could at least get someone to help me get the drawings together so that I can get a tattoo artist to figure out placement and such from there without the awkwardness of trying to explain the very vague idea I have.

[quote=pd2care]

I’m gonna send this to jaalyn. He’s an awesome artist, and former LPUer. 'tis where I met him.

[/color[[/quote]

Btw, you might want to edit your post and take out his full name. I’m sure he probably wouldn’t want that posted here.

[quote=Crawling87][quote=pd2care]

[/color[[/quote]

Btw, you might want to edit your post and take out his full name. I’m sure he probably wouldn’t want that posted here.[/quote]

Nah. He won’t care. He used to be a member here. All the old schoolers know him well. He’s the original grammar nazi. And he has more of a right, because English is his second language.