Art by Coon (fan-art and other)

Why not? Interesting idea - a joint Art + tutorial. I can make a sketch, and forum members will offer ideas of drawing. Plus to make the description of methods and techniques of drawing. Hmmm …:open_mouth:

Thank you. In fact it is not Chinese and Japanese dragon. He - a product of my imagination.The dragon is a upgraded lizard or a snake. Draw any wool, horns, feathers, mustache, beard, you can get a totally different dragons. For example, some of my Dragons:

Why draw something by the rules, if you can draw what you can come up with yourself? This is uniqueness :grinning:
Career? ooo … this is a great theme)) When I lived in Russia, I wanted to become an illustrator in the company. But to be an illustrator, I had have a perfect command a huge software package. I could be engaged in freelancing, but it’s damn hard because all clients tend to to get a free work. In our country the rights of freelancers are not protected. I had plenty of orders for portraits, covers for CD, tattoo designs and 80% of people do not want to pay. Prepayment scares many clients. Nobody wants to make contracts. Nobody wants to take commitments. Having moved to a country which is developing a computer game, I wanted to become a digital illustrator.
But I was not able to learn how to draw cool - eyesight began to deteriorate because of the 8-9 hours drawing behind the monitor. Since childhood dreamed of becoming a tattoo artist, but, again, in our country the tattoo industry is not highly developed. Many do not even know that tattoos need to be updated. Earnings of a master is very small. If you want more money then you have to drive around town and doing tattoos at home, constantly look for clients For the same salary I can work promoter or seller. And in any case - on such a salary is impossible to survive. I make prints for clothes. But without the active advertising to sell something impossible.
That is just an artist in our country nobody needs. You have to be an artist in a variety of styles + slightly psychologist (for clients) + designer + PR manager + HR manager + seller. That’s when you can build a career. Yesterday I took a job. I’ll be interviewing artists for a big website. And yes, work without pay :smile:

4 Likes

aaand here is the portrait:

Graphite pencil, eraser and brush (for smooth tonal transitions)

1 Like

Ohh… was just saying cause you told me above it was a Chinese dragon. I know that when someone draws it’s purely out of their imagination and it can be anything really. Dragons are a different thing. Based on their colors and design, they have different meanings. Same goes for their origin.

Good luck with work, such a thing is tough everywhere in the world, not just your country, but whoever really wants something, never gives up. Hope you can succeed one day and do what you love.

1 Like

I f**king optimist :relaxed: Thanks for the support )))

yeah our own LPU creative art tutorial, to get in the ability to epress yourself one way more, watta nice idea @coon, I sure will enjoy it, I enjoy sharing things from out of the talent and power of the other, like I share my creative/analytic talent to ppl, who wanna get known it, lol, OPEN LPU! You can mb announe it in a blogpost, and there are a lot of creative soldiers inhere, and create a topic, me, I´ll explore everything with pleassure lol nice perspectives…:sparkler:

1 Like

My brain exploded - it’s a great idea. So many thoughts in my head, like a whirlwind. … a whirlwind inside of my head … familiar phrase. lol! Of course I think about it, how to arrange this.

great, look fwd, what we´ll learn then etc, you´re cool! @Coon

1 Like

My cheeks become color of my hair- rrrrrred :blush: :grinning:

Today have day off - did the translation of questions for one artist. I did not draw anything. But I have an old art- robot boy:

cool one, this!! So you´re an “Oldie” like me lol @Coon :grin: lol

1 Like

Hi people! I found my old drawings. Check it out :grinning:
Graphite pencils:

Mech. pencil 0,3 mm, liner 0,3 mm and paper blender:

4 Likes

New art- Kiwi :smiley:

(colored ballpoint pens)

6 Likes

Beautiful work @Coon!

1 Like

You´re my artist, you like to start a linkin park - sleeve - projekt with me? It really feels like you´re my man, I´ve excercised a lil and practise on the metall balls - struktures, and had a lot of fun, even my family laughed lol, spirit thrown out by coon, btw when is your birthday? month/date will rest…

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Of course! With pleasure :grinning:

04 /18 :blush:

ok, did I get ya right @coon, you may be “my” artist? Where are you from? I´m in adrenaline…@coon

:heartbeat:

1 Like

Yes, I wrote to you a message (internal mail (discuss the details there.))
Where am I from? I live in Kiev, and was born in a small town near Moscow

ahhh, ok, so I´ll on my jump to my inbox…lol thanx btw :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:@coon

1 Like