A Place For My Head [The Energy] : LP songs

Hey everyone, I’d love to know which Linkin Park song gives you that perfect place in your head? We all have a song (or album) that gives us the strength to get through anything when we need it most.

Maybe it’s the beat, the drums, the base, (Chester’s voice), Mike’s lyrical genius, or the words that lift you up every damn time? Whatever songs you use to get that “Energy” to make a difference to your day / life / future.

We all need something to prop us up when times get hard. A mental wall upon which we can lean. To steady ourselves for another fight, another war. An unbreakable energy that’s pure. Voices to calm the storm. And allow us to feel reborn.

Much love to Linkin Park for all you have given with your music. You have enhanced so many lives.

“I wanna be in the energy
Not with the enemy
A place for my head.”

1 Like

Weirdly, for me it’s none. I’m just not that kind of person, I’m usually motivated by other things.

1 Like

If we’re purely talking energy, then The Hunting Party does it for me. Gets me pumped up every time.

1 Like

@rickvanmeijel yes I have to say Hybrid Theory is my go to album. It just has that fight about it. Love the originality when it first came out and still sounds unique years later.

1 Like

@the_termin8r you sound like fun. I’m a sad weirdo who needs music to give me a boost.

1 Like

:joy: That’s for everyone else to tell you and for you to find out if you stick around here. I’m actually way too cynical for my own good. I’m motivated by far worse things. :joy:

2 Likes

@the_termin8r haha it’s great to see you guys all know each other so well on here! :wink:

1 Like

We’re quite tightly knit here, a lot of us have met up in person before.

1 Like

@the_termin8r yeah I just saw something about London meet ups :slight_smile: I figured there would be mostly Americans on the site, but nice to see a lot of UK folk

1 Like

Most of us are in Europe, I’m in the UK as well.

1 Like

@the_termin8r crazy weather!

A lot of wind that I’m enjoying.

1 Like

Perhaps I should post one of the songs I fall to most. This song gives me hope every single time I listen to it. It is serene, in both Chester’s vocals and the beat throughout, even the sound of running at the end. It sounds like you’re breaking free… If I’m troubled, I will listen to this. It gives me clarity in mind and spirit. I hope others can relate.

1 Like

My favorite albums are Meteora and Reanimation, so literally anything from those albums. BUT, what really gets me going is When They Come for Me and Robot Boy (especially that screaming riff at the end we all needed).

Whenever i feel any type of way or feel the need to be carried away by those drums, beats, sound of his voice, everything, i choose these songs :heart:

kristine

1 Like

@kvsablvnca amazing to learn about those tracks and albums others enjoy most. I pretty much love Crawling because of the first burst of scream and that rock melody throughout gives me chills.

Love your description! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

@kvsablvnca welcome to this loving, crazy place! :wave: :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s so good to be here. I’ve learned so much about myself and this community even after he’s gone.

2 Likes

Welcome to the LPU!

2 Likes

Ok.
For you my dear @zanybelle

I can’t really choose a Linkin Park song in the way you wish it. There are to many, that mean a lot to me for very different reasons.
Yes, I have a favourite album and I have a favourite song, but more out of everyone ask this.
And it is not so strongly like with other musicians. There I have often no problem to pick, cause it is this one song.
That’s the big difference with Linkin Park.
I love the band, the music, the songs, the lyrics, the compositions, the massage, the band members, the LPU family, this forum.
Picking something out of it feels like declaring witch friend or child you prefer. And I would never do that. I don’t want to. Every friend has a different place in my heart, there is no measuring.
As I said, it’s my home, my roots.
I can tell a lot, what a songs mean to me, but no choosing.
Take a hug :hugs::heart:

1 Like

Hey thanks :grinning: it’s still interesting to learn how fans feel about LP songs and you clearly love them all :laughing:

Oh, so the question I should really be asking is which forum friend is your favourite! :wink: :shushing_face:

:hugs:

1 Like