A New Reanimation?

I swear that Linkin Park are the undisputed kings of remixing! I jam this album so hard day in and day out because the different layers and sounds are a masterpiece! This is why I really wish that they would “Reanimate” another one of their albums. I prefereably would like to hear Meteora get Reanimated, but I would be happy with any new Reanimation album. Does anyone else wish that LP would Reanimate another album?

After Meteora was released, there was talk that a lot of those songs were already being remixed for another Reanimation-type album. Mike’s remixed What I’ve Done and Leave Out All The Rest from Minutes. As far as I know, that’s all that’s ever happened since.

I myself don’t really see another album like that. The band’s even said that people like it more when they can release studio albums as opposed to other side stuff. So I think the main Linkin Park focus now is just to continue making studio albums.

i love reanimation -

I was thinking the other night that instead of remixing songs from just one album they could remix their favorite songs from the past 4 albums and make that the new Reanimation CD. Just a thought though.

They have been doing remixes here and there and having contests with others remixing there songs, but with the delay between albums and the side projects a couple years ago, I think we would rather have album releases, one each year instead, but I WOULD LOVE if they took 6 months and made a reanimation mix cd of all there albums, I think that would be EPIC and would sell and fly off the shelves for sure.

I think that’s not necessary since A Thousand Suns was released. Their new songs have much more eletronic effects. For me it’s impossible to think a remix of The Catalyst, for example. It will never be so much different.

I don’t remember what magazine said this but it’s true: Linkin Park is releasing the remix version of their own songs on their studio albuns.

The LPU discs do have a lot of remixes

maybe they can make a small one(8-10 songs) with remixes of songs from all their albums and release it as the next LPU album. that would be cool. [cool]

[quote=Holden]I was thinking the other night that instead of remixing songs from just one album they could remix their favorite songs from the past 4 albums and make that the new Reanimation CD. Just a thought though.

[quote=LP13413]After Meteora was released, there was talk that a lot of those songs were already being remixed for another Reanimation-type album. Mike’s remixed What I’ve Done and Leave Out All The Rest from Minutes. As far as I know, that’s all that’s ever happened since.

I myself don’t really see another album like that. The band’s even said that people like it more when they can release studio albums as opposed to other side stuff. So I think the main Linkin Park focus now is just to continue making studio albums.

You’re probably thinking of the demos, which are not remixes, but early versions.

Thats actually a really good idea! That would really be changing it up and I truly hope that one day they will decide to do another Reanimation. It probably the sickest remix album I’ve ever heard.

LP was always a step ahead in case of making new music and developing their own style. Many people would like to hear another Reanimation or fall in love with another Collusion Course, but to my mind LP never done a thing twice - It`d stop them kinda moving on…

I don’t think they should. Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, and Living Things are not the kind of albums that should be remixed. The writing style of these albums have always been to keep each track on each album fluid and connected. to remix any of these tracks would break the flow and could wreck the concept behind the album. They might, and I greatly stress might, be able to do something with songs like Wretches and Kings,and The Catalyst. The question is, How? How would you remix those songs without wrecking the flow? Also realize-if you are referencing LP as being the light, then they didn’t betray you. This “new direction” is the true direction of LP. This is where LP has always wanted to be. Think of Hybrid Theory, and Meteora as an introduction to the true LP

I have not heard anything either on another Reanimation. It would be dope thats for sure. I have two unofficial remix albums over my iTunes, I think they are both fan made but it is something to listen to thats kinda different.

A New Reanimation, for sure it’ll be awesome, with the best musics of the last albums! [cool]

I vote for a reanimation of meteora but nothing after that. Theres already a lot of electronica stuff going on, I dont see the need for a remix of those. Like someone said, their writing method is so different now, and they have combined so many different layers of sound and techniques that it is hard to imagine a remix of it. Meteora remixed would be kick ass. And it would make sense, since it was the last album that was “numetal” inclined, meaning a lot more rock and metal, less electronica.

Reanimation was manly made by the collaboration of Linkin Park and other artists. So the effort of making Reanimation was almost as great as it is during the recording process of a studio album. LP will probably continue to constantly release Remixes, but a whole album is a huge project which is only possible between a tour and a new album. At least that’s what I think.