A little laughter never hurts

Gotta love these overly dramatic and very skewed posters. I’m not saying plastic bottles aren’t a problem, I’m saying that anything can be made to look like the most terrible thing on the planet with the correct delivery. There are many other things that are as damaging or worse for the environment and most people don’t bat an eyelid.

The reason I personally buy bottled water is because for some reason tap water doesn’t like me. No matter where it’s from, it always makes me feel physically sick and then gives me a stomach ache. I’d rather kill all the sea animals dumb enough to not be able to tell the difference between food and not food than spend the rest of my life in pain.

Also, in the case of our house, we have idiotically hard water to the point where we have to wipe the shower glass down with a window cleaner the moment we stop showering or else it becomes nearly opaque in 3-ish hours. The water is so hard that is has comletely jammed the rotating spout on the kitchen tap. When we first moved in, our (at the time) 2 week old coffee machine died in a year due to the limescale build up. I know it was the limescale because I tore the thing down myself. We have to use one of those Brita filter jugs which cost a fortune and have a life of maybe 3 years if you’re lucky. Not to mention replacement filters are expensive AF. So we only use it for cooking and the coffee machine.

If we use it to filter tap water for drinking, our tap water’s going to end up costing us more than the bottled stuff. Now think about all the resources spent to make the jugs and the filters…

1 Like

The real question is do you recycle all those bottles?

Sure. Use it as filament for the 3D printer.

I do, my recycling bin is usually overflowing with them.

1 Like

84658493_1381646382020173_8622028155298775040_o

5 Likes

My mum does that all the time, nobody can ever hear her. Though I’d argue that her shouting through my door instead of knocking and opening it is just as bad.

1 Like

6 Likes

101744324_3042083065877137_6707219734879797248_n

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m more interested in what “history sweaty” is :joy:. Also, I don’t know much about this kind of stuff, but I’m not sure Jesus wrote the bible.

2 Likes

One for @raz7 :laughing:

20200530_184350

“Now you know my dark secret, Melissa… when the full moon vanish, I change into a horrible tax consultant.”
“Daddy?”

4 Likes

You’re too rich for your own good. I’m sure if you couldn’t afford bottled water you’d be gulping down the tap like there’s no tomorrow.

I live pretty much in the same area as you. The Midlands water was a hundred times better, but this hellhole is what it is. You get used to the taste.

Again, see point one.

Try again. :joy:

If my family was rich we would be living in our own house, not some rented place that’s falling apart. We wouldn’t be driving an 11 year old Citroen (it’s actually a decent car, but that’s beside the point) I’d have my own sports car by now (and probably would have moved to live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland) and I sure as hell won’t be freaking out about the £70K of uni debt I’ll have hanging over my head when I graduate, because it would never have existed in the first place.

Realistically, I’d probably sacrifice in some other area. That scenario can be applied to pretty much everything though. Also, to quickly go back to your original poster. The info is either very specifically hand picked (which is almost certain) or badly out of date (also likely). Bottled water these days (when bought in a 6 pack) is approx ~38p/L +/- a given % for brand and shop. Fuel is generally in the range of ~110-120p/L regardless of petrol or diesel.

Our last house was quite literally 1 street over from our current one. Both the water and the copper wifi here are utter shite.

My concern isn’t the taste. It’s the physical pain and feeling sick.

Except we don’t use it for drinking, because we’d be paying through the nose, not that we aren’t already. Buying filters is cheaper than buying a brand new coffee machine every year.

1 Like

100922327_10223236006639244_868135348629143552_n

7 Likes

I’m dying and my childhood/teenager me also :joy:

1 Like

They are worse than werewolves, lol.

tumblr_0fd5075034d4dc8e5c664330f2960117_4cebaab9_1280

I’ve got one for you @anna834 and @HakManLP

4 Likes

5 Likes

Screenshot_20200531-215915

Screenshot_20200529-180926~2

9 Likes

That’s like Richie Rich rich.

How many years have you been studying? This feels a bit excessive.

This depends on where you live. Either way, it includes the cost of transporting the water which also links to your carbon footprint. If you drink it when travelling because you can’t access water easily or to help with dehydration because you aren’t drinking often enough it makes sense. Everyday isn’t environmentally friendly.

Seems very unlikely this is due to tap water. You need to see a doctor to get some advice.

I’m in my 4th, I was at ~ 60K at the end of my bachelors. The cost is obviously in tuition fees and a couple of uni-related loans I can’t remember the exact names of, I think one of them was a maintenance loan.

Not really, I can buy something like a Lotus Elise for ~20K and spend about that much tuning it as well.

So why does it only happen less than an hour after I’ve had a glass or more of tap water?

You’d be surprised how often I get told that :joy:. From experience, the doctor’s advice either hasn’t help (when it should have) or I’ve been told there’s nothing they can do about it.

1 Like