A little laughter never hurts

The shit I do for engineering. :joy:

So a couple of months ago Imperial College London invited our society to a sumo-bot fighting event they were hosting. We’ve been so busy that we’ve only been working on it for maybe the past week. Most of the work was actually done by a couple of friends (we’re all frineds on the committee), but the rest of us are on standby for help. We’re currently on overdrive with manufacturing. I’m on manufacturing duty right now and I’m running a print that should take over a day to finish…the competition is on Sat :joy:. I won’t be sleeping at all tonight, and I have to be on campus tomorrow. It’s not just me, everyone that has a printer is staying up tonight LMAO.

5 Likes

@the_termin8r I thought this day was never to be spoken about again… :open_mouth: :neutral_face: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

11 Likes

I never agreed to anything like that. :joy:

1 Like

84292813_1027774744265211_6159525625552961536_n

7 Likes

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I somehow managed to get about 3h of sleep with the printer still going. Didn’t do me much good though, I feel like I haven’t slept at all.

3 Likes

We used to have a food thread…
Screenshot_20200131-210852~2

3 Likes

A new set of notes in the lab. I was responsible for the long one on the bottom left. The rest were another friend. :joy:

4 Likes

LMAOOO! :rofl:

2 Likes

I probably should have given a bit of back story. I have a personal hatred for the Prusa printers we have as I spent the best part of a week building one of them only for it to not work for the majority of the time. We also have Ender 5s in the lab (I built one of those too) and a lot of us have our own Ender 3s. The Enders cost less than half the price of the Prusas, are a hell of a lot easier to assemble and have bigger print volumes. The Prusas have a lot of interesting features and can print slightly more accurately and a lot faster, but it isn’t worth the massive price hike in my opinion.

We keep arguing which printers are actually better, the Prusa’s double failure on one part has done well to support my view that the Enders are better. My Ender with my terrible calibration is still printing said part on its first attempt and is fine. :joy:

Also, the Prusas are Czech, hence the pun in one of the notes.

2 Likes

So awesome! :laughing:

Of course the guy at the truck yard is the single guy :sleepy: :joy:

1 Like

image image

9 Likes

10 Likes

I’ve just been thinking how embarrassing it would be to tell people, “I’m sorry guys… I’ve um, got the um, coronavirus…” I think I’d die of embarrassment rather than the virus! You only have to cough in public and people hate you :laughing:

1 Like

Embarassing? :thinking: I’ve been using it in long lines at the bakery :innocent:
Cough cough “oh man this Corona virus don’t plaaaay”
People turn around like :flushed: :cold_sweat: “well come back later kids let’s go let’s go!”
Baker-“hi who’s next?”
Me standing alone :innocent: :raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

:grin: haha!

1 Like

Screenshot_20200202-094917~2

11 Likes

84631956_2715949418453919_9105201693947068416_n

2 Likes

I’m not catching that one.